PDA

View Full Version : Blue Smoke, Not burning oil???????

Turbodude06
07-13-2009, 08:29 AM
Ok I'm just wondering if any of u would know why a car would smoke blue, but does not burn, ANY! oil. At all, nothing I've checked it everyday when the car is warm and cold and its at the same level. Can it smoke blue and be runnin lean? I always thought lean was white? Anyways It is throwing a cel for I think the MAF sensor which is on order right now. But idk if thats the case, just thought I'd ask my fellor IA'ers.....

Formally...
07-13-2009, 08:42 AM
What kind of car is it. I see you said the MAF was bad but I see a honda in your sig. Also, how long has it been smoking and you have been checking the oil.

Turbodude06
07-13-2009, 08:48 AM
Its a GT mustang, Its been smoking since I got it about a month ago, we've put about 2K on so far only driving, mostly on the weekends. Its smokes a good bit too, mostly when idling though, I just don't know how it could be smoking blue but not consuming any oil????

Batlground
07-13-2009, 10:15 AM
Ok I'm just wondering if any of u would know why a car would smoke blue, but does not burn, ANY! oil. At all, nothing I've checked it everyday when the car is warm and cold and its at the same level. Can it smoke blue and be runnin lean? I always thought lean was white? Anyways It is throwing a cel for I think the MAF sensor which is on order right now. But idk if thats the case, just thought I'd ask my fellor IA'ers.....

If it is not oil then I am stumped. If you are sure that you are not loosing any oil at all then maybee its coolant. I know you said its burning blue and thats usually oil.

If its not coolant or oil you may want to throw it on the dyno and check the air fuel. We can do that for you if you want to.

What kind of mods are done to it?

Turbodude06
07-13-2009, 01:43 PM
If it is not oil then I am stumped. If you are sure that you are not loosing any oil at all then maybee its coolant. I know you said its burning blue and thats usually oil.

If its not coolant or oil you may want to throw it on the dyno and check the air fuel. We can do that for you if you want to.

What kind of mods are done to it?

Ok well I thought it was just me, I'm no mechanic but I always thought blue meant oil. I keep checking it and I've had cars that burned oil before and none of them smoked like this.... But the only mods it has is a cold air intake, and exhaust... I'm just hoping that when I get ride of this cel code that maybe it will stop....

PS: The cel code is for an air fuel malfunction....:no:

brittoknee
07-13-2009, 01:58 PM
you sure you don't have the blue bf goodrich scorchers? :ninja:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/150/409512656_7603ba2a66.jpg?v=0

Tech5
07-13-2009, 02:03 PM
blue is oil....Also some people put seafoam in the tanks and it will burn the carbon off the valves and cause it to smoke (blue) and when idling...

White is coolant

Black richy color is just that running rich!

I know the MOD motors very well and they tend to burn oil as they get up in the miles from the valve guides... best thing to do is fix your MAF get a 90mm off a lightning or cobra it will make it run nicely as long as you have intake , exhaust...

once you fix that MAF then it should stop , if not then it has already caused damage to the valve guide seals , or rings from running sooo rich....

what is the code?

Barefoot
07-13-2009, 02:04 PM
im with BG on this or option are few. so far u have blown all out the water.

y do people do this

Tech5
07-13-2009, 02:08 PM
im with BG on this or option are few. so far u have blown all out the water.

y do people do this

i wonder that too!

Turbodude06
07-13-2009, 05:23 PM
blue is oil....Also some people put seafoam in the tanks and it will burn the carbon off the valves and cause it to smoke (blue) and when idling...

White is coolant

Black richy color is just that running rich!

I know the MOD motors very well and they tend to burn oil as they get up in the miles from the valve guides... best thing to do is fix your MAF get a 90mm off a lightning or cobra it will make it run nicely as long as you have intake , exhaust...

once you fix that MAF then it should stop , if not then it has already caused damage to the valve guide seals , or rings from running sooo rich....

what is the code?

Ok well I'm fixing the MAF before I drive it again anyway and I'm really hoping thats the problem......:goodjob: Thanks for ur help though....

Turbodude06
07-13-2009, 05:24 PM

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/150/409512656_7603ba2a66.jpg?v=0

lol :lmfao: Hey we all need some humor....

Tech5
07-13-2009, 05:48 PM
lolol

JITB
07-13-2009, 05:52 PM
maybe its a real slow leak from the valve seals? did the car sit for along time..

Turbodude06
07-14-2009, 08:18 AM
maybe its a real slow leak from the valve seals? did the car sit for along time..

Yea it did for about 8 months:goodjob:....

-The codes its throwing are P0136, P0156, and P1131F. But the weird thing is I just put mil eliminators on it so Idk why its still throwing codes for the 02's. But before the mil eliminators it only threw the P1131F. If anyone knows anything about those codes lmk how to fix them....