PDA

View Full Version : Misc ok what is it about hockey?

tony
10-05-2005, 10:53 PM
I grew up around hockey and I'd think I would understand but I just dont get the fascination. Personally I was better off last year.. more time for football and basketball on sports center. Every once in a while I may see an impressive play but for the most part the game puts me to sleep.. kind of like baseball.

Cliff
10-05-2005, 11:45 PM
it's awesome when you're there cause there are always fights, people slamming people into the glass all kinds of crazyness

Pher
10-06-2005, 12:22 AM
Baseball is ok to watch on TV but mind numbing to go and watch. Hockey, on the other hand is ok to watch on TV but AMAZING in person. I always find myself being an idiot and beating the glass like a red headed step child.

For people who are against or wishy washy about hockey, I always tell them, "Go to a game, it'll change your mind."

Cliff
10-06-2005, 12:33 AM
it changed my mind huge...i never really cared about it till i went now i can't wait to go back

4dmin
10-06-2005, 09:32 AM
I grew up around hockey and I'd think I would understand but I just dont get the fascination. Personally I was better off last year.. more time for football and basketball on sports center. Every once in a while I may see an impressive play but for the most part the game puts me to sleep.. kind of like baseball.

sorry dude but both football and basketball are fucking boring compared to hockey. hockey is 10x as fast and intense; plus its the only professional sport that you only get 2mins for beating the shit out of our oppenant. i think the thing w/ hockey it is definately a TEAM sport, not just a show boating quarter back in the spotlight.

tony
10-06-2005, 09:35 AM
People have always said to check out a thrashers game in person and I'll understand... I'll probably check it out. I had a classmate that made it to the NHL but I'm not sure how he's doing, Scott Gomez.

As for basketball and football.. I didnt like football till I moved to the south, now I watch it every sunday religously. Basketball.. I'll watch college basketball all day, especially Duke but I dont watch the NBA till the playoffs start.

kilpatty43
10-07-2005, 10:25 PM
im a die hard hockey fan as im sure youve noticed by now...its such an intense game and like paul said...its a team sport...they dont rely soley on individual talent...they take all of that individual talent and use it as a team which is why its so amazing to watch...plus there is the fighting...adn the hot ass guys...

any of yall check out the thrashers game on turner south tonight? we played washington...damn good game...we won 7-3...two major fights...exelby was in one then mellanby was in the other...plus a lineman got a stick to the face and left the game...it was awesome

BTLFED
10-07-2005, 11:59 PM
I grew up on Hockey. Hell, I was born around the corner from the Forum in Inglewood California the morning after a hockey game my parents went to. Hockey will always be my favorite sport.

BTW-The Thrashers suck.

Hulud
10-08-2005, 12:06 AM
basketball is the most boring sport to watch imo

BTLFED
10-08-2005, 12:17 AM
basketball is the most boring sport to watch imo

+1