PDA

View Full Version : A shop/person that can make this work..

JITB
07-12-2009, 11:08 AM
Im trying to get a set of FD coilovers to fit on my 929. There are just a few things that need to be altered for it to work.

i need the brake line bracket welded onto the FD struts, and the holes for the fork to be widened. and the top hats to be switched, which i can do!.. everything else id need a skilled being for..

http://nounre.sweb.cz/frontrear.jpg
http://nounre.sweb.cz/rear%20shocks.jpg

Z0_o6
07-12-2009, 11:39 AM
Out of curiosity, has anyone made this setup work before? I'd be very concerned about welding on gas-filled shocks... Does noone make a coilover setup that fits your car to start with? The FD shocks look WAY shorter.

JITB
07-12-2009, 11:44 AM
Out of curiosity, has anyone made this setup work before? I'd be very concerned about welding on gas-filled shocks... Does noone make a coilover setup that fits your car to start with? The FD shocks look WAY shorter.

no
and
no

all the coilover kits for the 929 are discontinued..and the one that is available are impossible to get. The cosmo coils are said to be the same..but ill never see a set of those..lol and yea the fd coil is 100mm shorter..

2rotor
07-12-2009, 12:26 PM
dude, damn... your shit is going to be WAY slammed... at least in the back.

Z0_o6
07-12-2009, 12:54 PM
i just don't see this being even close to possibly working. not trying to discourage you, i just doubt it would be worth the trouble to install them and then have the car sitting so low it won't move.

JJSPEC Racing
07-12-2009, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE=Identity_Crisis]I'd be very concerned about welding on gas-filled shocks[QUOTE]

This is the biggest thing. They are already pressurized, then you heat them up welding plus get the steel hot enough to weld and boom! you are hurt or worse. I would recomend against it.

JITB
07-12-2009, 01:22 PM
i just don't see this being even close to possibly working. not trying to discourage you, i just doubt it would be worth the trouble to install them and then have the car sitting so low it won't move.

100mm is 4inches.. the car has been dropped that low as is.

and the plan was to get an aftermarket fd coilover kit, so i cna adjust it. and it will be much firmer. but i didnt want to get the coilover kit, and modify it first. i was gonna try it with a oem set first.

as u can tell in this picture of stock ride height..ive got the room.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/jitb37/my929/100_0279.jpg

Barefoot
07-12-2009, 01:37 PM
[QUOTE=Identity_Crisis]I'd be very concerned about welding on gas-filled shocks[QUOTE]

This is the biggest thing. They are already pressurized, then you heat them up welding plus get the steel hot enough to weld and boom! you are hurt or worse. I would recomend against it.co signing :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Z0_o6
07-12-2009, 01:51 PM
100mm is 4inches.. the car has been dropped that low as is.

and the plan was to get an aftermarket fd coilover kit, so i cna adjust it. and it will be much firmer. but i didnt want to get the coilover kit, and modify it first. i was gonna try it with a oem set first.

as u can tell in this picture of stock ride height..ive got the room.

i gotcha man, im just saying it might be worth the effort to continue searching for another option that fits without a bunch of fabrication, cause the only way i could see for you to modify shocks that much would be to send them to like Koni or something where they can take the gas out, weld them or whatever, revalve them for the weight difference, and then re-fill them. that's most likely big $$$.

JITB
07-12-2009, 03:54 PM
i gotcha man, im just saying it might be worth the effort to continue searching for another option that fits without a bunch of fabrication, cause the only way i could see for you to modify shocks that much would be to send them to like Koni or something where they can take the gas out, weld them or whatever, revalve them for the weight difference, and then re-fill them. that's most likely big $$$.

the fd is the closest next to the cosmo. the brake bracket isnt a big issue..to me just a difference with the 2. all that needs to be done, is have the hole bored out for the forks, and have the bearing replaced in the fd strut so the bolt can fit.

Barefoot
07-12-2009, 06:05 PM
that hole looks huge whats the ID of the big 1. an the OD of the small 1.

JITB
07-12-2009, 07:56 PM
that hole looks huge whats the ID of the big 1. an the OD of the small 1.
'

im not sure, but i can find out.. but from the looks, it seems like the 929 hole, can fit directly into the fd one....

RL...
07-12-2009, 08:37 PM
this is quite the dilemma you have here....

JITB
07-12-2009, 09:25 PM
this is quite the dilemma you have here....

naw, it will get done either way.. whether i take it upon myself to do it.. or i get it done by someone. im used to this stuff..none of my cars have ever had any sort of aftermarket support..

Batlground
07-13-2009, 10:35 AM
naw, it will get done either way.. whether i take it upon myself to do it.. or i get it done by someone. im used to this stuff..none of my cars have ever had any sort of aftermarket support..

Forget about welding as everyone else said. Boring the hole out and putting a new bushing in is not too much of a problem.

Give us a call or send an email with your number. You can bring it in later this week and we can take care of it for you.

JITB
07-13-2009, 10:44 AM
Forget about welding as everyone else said. Boring the hole out and putting a new bushing in is not too much of a problem.

Give us a call or send an email with your number. You can bring it in later this week and we can take care of it for you.
:goodjob:

give me a week or so, to locate another fd strut...

blackshine007
07-13-2009, 11:18 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-96-MILLENIA-RIGHT-LEFT-REAR-STRUT-SPRING-SHOCK-OEM_W0QQitemZ200283828944QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors _Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2ea1d8b2d0&_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116#ebayphotohosting

That looks the same as yours.... I wonder if you could make the Millenia lowering springs work for yours too?

JITB
07-13-2009, 12:17 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-96-MILLENIA-RIGHT-LEFT-REAR-STRUT-SPRING-SHOCK-OEM_W0QQitemZ200283828944QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors _Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2ea1d8b2d0&_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116#ebayphotohosting

That looks the same as yours.... I wonder if you could make the Millenia lowering springs work for yours too?

naw millenia aint even close :no: