PDA

View Full Version : Bound to happen I guess...

X-Runner
07-11-2009, 02:29 AM
So I had my first major auto repair type related accident tonight. Built the engine for a jet ski this morning, got it in and had to charge the battery. So while it charged I washed the inside of the ski out and left maybe 1/8" of water in the bottom of the hull just because it wouldn't tip back enough to drain out. I thought nothing of it as it was water. Put the battery in and go to start it up. Trys to go dead so naturally I bumped the throttle and it back fired/popped and stalled. Well the back fire ignited what vapors and gas/oil that was in the water in the bottom and BOOM! Right in my face. Burned the hair off my arm and mostly felt the heat on my face. The fire was about 6-8" over the top of the hull. Figured I'd share my excitement for the night.

4dmin
07-11-2009, 02:40 AM
wow, at least it didnt burn your face. thats some crazy shit right there.

X-Runner
07-11-2009, 02:51 AM
Luckily my buddy was right inside the shop and when I yelled "shit, fire extinguisher" he was all over it so no damage to the ski either. I thought it did burn my face, I felt all the heat there and it wasn't until a few minutes later I realized it got my arm.

TheGodfather
07-11-2009, 04:10 AM
Great story.

Will read again.