PDA

View Full Version : help me with my car please

1990Chevy350
07-10-2009, 05:37 PM
ok. so im sure alot of you have experienced or known someone who experienced this.

i cannot drive or rev my car over 4k rpm. it is a 94 integra gsr. 5 spd. it just makes like a sputter sound like its at its rev limit or something when i hit 4k rpm. i am so lost i heard it could be anything from a distibutor, to a crank position sensor. to fuel problems.. anyone who can give there 2 cents i would really appreciate it. also if there is any mechanics reading this that can help me fix it.. let me know i can pay you. thanks

Mk3 VR6
07-10-2009, 05:40 PM
this is the same thing that happened to my friend... i think his problem was the distributor yup

atlshawdyfasho
07-10-2009, 06:02 PM
maybe its loosing fuel or spark under load. car needs air, fuel and spark to run. make sure all of the components are mechanically working correctly. next, get urself a multi meter and get the specs for the sensors and start checking them.

pull the plugs after trying to rev it past 4k. check this link out spark plug diagnosis chart (http://www.aa1car.com/library/reading_spark_plugs.jpg)

does it start up everytime or do you have trouble starting it? faulty crank sensor will most likely give you problems starting.
try the cam sensor

Maki
07-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Maf?

atlshawdyfasho
07-10-2009, 06:44 PM
yup check maf or afm

Frye1stGEN
07-10-2009, 06:46 PM
that is the same thing my talon is doing and i cannot figure it out. Except i cannot even drive my car when i press the gas it just dies, i also need help but i cant post to the forums since i am a new member

scttydb411
07-10-2009, 07:06 PM
first question...does it have any cel? if so, what are they for? cel usually will point you in the right direction.

is it a bone stock car, ihe, turbo, stock ecu or chipped?

has anything changed/work done on car recently just before this began?

EmminoDaGreat
07-10-2009, 07:10 PM
yup check maf or afm

This car is a map sensor vehicle. Also any more details like scotty said, cel's anything you have done to it recently. mods?

Maki
07-10-2009, 07:26 PM
This car is a map sensor vehicle. Also any more details like scotty said, cel's anything you have done to it recently. mods?

Good point, forgot about map. Is this the same as the other thread that was started for a 94 integra around the same time?

1990Chevy350
07-11-2009, 01:20 PM
the only mods to it are cai, full exhaust with header, and i believe stage2 or 3 clutch im trying to get a hold of the previous owner. but he said it just started doing this recently i believe it is the distributor as well i just wanted to make sure.. i dont think any other mods have been done to the car. i just bought it yesterday.

Barefoot
07-12-2009, 02:07 PM
all these replies and only 2 people ask the easiest question yall should be ashamed.

the only mods to it are cai, full exhaust with header, and i believe stage2 or 3 clutch im trying to get a hold of the previous owner. but he said it just started doing this recently i believe it is the distributor as well i just wanted to make sure.. i dont think any other mods have been done to the car. i just bought it yesterday.still didnt say anything about codes. if the car is in limp there should be a code (some times).

1990Chevy350
07-12-2009, 06:36 PM
wel i heard you can plug a paper clip up in the 2 holes next to the ecu and run the codes and the long blinks on the check engine light mean 10 and the small blinks mean 1 it blinked 4 longer times and 9 short times that wud be 49 but there isnt a code for 49 im taking it to aamco tomorrow and seeing what they can do.. anyone know if they can help fix this i would obviously pay .. thanks alot

Barefoot
07-12-2009, 08:29 PM
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147550