PDA

View Full Version : F*CKING ASSHOLES....

ShooterMcGavin
07-10-2009, 09:02 AM
this shit pisses me off, if you don't want our freedom then gtfo the country :2up: :fire:

Statue of Liberty replica decapitated on YouTube

NEW YORK (CNN) -- A stolen Statue of Liberty replica has resurfaced in a disturbing video posted on YouTube that shows someone decapitating the blindfolded lady and smashing her head into pieces.

The YouTube video shows a gloved hand sawing off Lady Liberty's head before smashing it.

The 200-pound replica was stolen less than a month ago from Vox Pop, a coffee shop in Brooklyn.

"It's very disturbing," shop operator Debi Ryan told CNN, adding the video struck a chord similar to that of terrorist assassination videos. "I don't know what it means. ... I don't know who would do this."

The YouTube video begins with a waving American flag, and then shows a gloved hand sawing off the head of the statue before crushing it. The slogans "We don't want your freedom" and "Death to America" flash across the screen during the one-minute video, which is dated July Fourth.
It was anonymously e-mailed to the Daily News and Ryan earlier this week.

Ryan said she's sure the statue in the video is the one stolen from her cafe.

"She's unique. I know my girl," she said of the statue. "We just had her completely refurbished, outfitted with a solar torch and painted."

Authorities told CNN they are handling the case as a larceny rather than separately investigating the YouTube video.

"We want to verify who sent the e-mail with the video and see if they're responsible," police said.

A sign on the store, located in Ditmas Park, reads, "Books, Coffee, Democracy," near where the 8-foot replica of Lady Liberty used to stand outside. The self-described community coffee shop is also a bookstore and a spot for artists and performers.

"We've created a space here that's owned by the community," Ryan said. "We're all about freedom of speech and freedom to be who you are and say whatever you think."

But Ryan doesn't consider the YouTube video featuring her stolen statue appropriate free speech.

"Vox Pop stands for freedom of speech. You don't get to steal somebody else's property to send that message. We have to respect each other," she said.

Although the coffee shop recently faced economic problems and neighborhood tension, the motive behind the statue's theft remains unknown. As for whether there will be a replacement statue, Ryan said, "I'm hoping. I think she belongs here.

But she added, "Whether we have a physical statue or not, what she stands for remains here."

Kelly
07-10-2009, 09:08 AM
Ugh!!! :rant:

The Ren
07-10-2009, 09:11 AM
This is rediculous..

Paul
07-10-2009, 09:22 AM
http://www.daltonlp.com/files/ironic_coat.jpg

oneSLOWex
07-10-2009, 09:32 AM
fuck those bastards!

heres the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbrRaCqiL8o

Z0_o6
07-10-2009, 12:23 PM
shit like this fucking pisses me off :2up:

man
07-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Who gives a fuck?

eraser4g63
07-10-2009, 11:47 PM
Who gives a fuck?
Apparently the OP amongst others.

BAD SS
07-10-2009, 11:58 PM
That's extremely fucked up.

TheGodfather
07-11-2009, 12:53 AM
Disgusting, but not as bad as the illegal takeover.

BKgen®
07-11-2009, 07:48 AM
Disgusting, but not as bad as the illegal takeover.

+++

all_american_gurl09
07-11-2009, 11:48 AM
thats totally fucked up................ i hope they hang them when they find out who it was

Motivation
07-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Who gives a fuck?
Anyone who cares about what the statue represents. Anyone who has ever fought for this country or has someone close to them that has fought or died for this country. Anyone who actually loves this country and would die for freedom. Anyone who appreciates what they are given and the freedom to do what they want without being forced into situations against their will because of the govt. Anyone who enjoys their freedom to religion, speech, and being able to have a family without worries of govt. coming in and destroying their lives.

It's what this act represents.

Deke
07-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Who gives a fuck?

Lol, oddly, I'm with you on this.

I mean, I'm more bothered by the act of theft than what happened to the statue. I just see it as someone who thought it would make a funny video, and then failed epically.

Edit: I understand that it's disrespectful, but I highly doubt this person was trying to make a serious statement. He/she is just a dumbass.

Z0_o6
07-11-2009, 12:02 PM
'so because they are a dumbass we should overlook this and go "who cares?" that's ridiculous man! it's an act that need to be punished, regardless of whether or not they knew how offensive it really is.

Deke
07-11-2009, 12:03 PM
'so because they are a dumbass we should overlook this and go "who cares?" that's ridiculous man! it's an act that need to be punished, regardless of whether or not they knew how offensive it really is.

I'm not saying it should go unpunished. They committed a crime and apparently offended a lot of people. I'm just saying "hang them"? I mean seriously?

Edit: Of course, if this does turn out to be a serious (not just misguided) act they can pack their bags and get the hell out. I just don't see that being the case.

Motivation
07-11-2009, 12:09 PM
hanging is actually the punishment for treason... This don't sound too far off of what it represents...

In law, treason is the crime that covers some of the more serious acts of disloyalty to one's sovereign or nation.

I am not saying they should be hung... But I mean, they gotta be careful if someone really wants to take it that far by doing what they did... They may have thought it was a joke, hard way to find out they were wrong.

Deke
07-11-2009, 12:11 PM
They may have thought it was a joke, hard way to find out they were wrong.

Lol, quite true.

ShooterMcGavin
07-11-2009, 12:12 PM
who even jokes about fuck the freedom, death to the us? i mean seriously, that's some terroristic shit right there.

BKgen®
07-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Anyone who cares about what the statue represents. Anyone who has ever fought for this country or has someone close to them that has fought or died for this country. Anyone who actually loves this country and would die for freedom. Anyone who appreciates what they are given and the freedom to do what they want without being forced into situations against their will because of the govt. Anyone who enjoys their freedom to religion, speech, and being able to have a family without worries of govt. coming in and destroying their lives.

It's what this act represents.

Get 'em, Tim. I agree 100%

Motivation
07-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Get 'em, Tim. I agree 100%

It just pisses me off that someone pretty much says they don't fucking care about people disrespecting this country and freedom. Just because they are all cozy in their lifestyle and think that they worked for everything they had and the people that fought for this country didn't help them be able to obtain what they have. People need to open their eyes. No matter what you have in life, it came with a price. Even if you worked hard to obtain it, people who fought for this country fought to give you the right to work hard for it.

ShooterMcGavin
07-11-2009, 12:35 PM
It just pisses me off that someone pretty much says they don't fucking care about people disrespecting this country and freedom. Just because they are all cozy in their lifestyle and think that they worked for everything they had and the people that fought for this country didn't help them be able to obtain what they have. People need to open their eyes. No matter what you have in life, it came with a price. Even if you worked hard to obtain it, people who fought for this country fought to give you the right to work hard for it.
qft, reps.

all_american_gurl09
07-11-2009, 02:09 PM
y so many haters on america we r free to do what we want when we want and how we want.... if you dont like our country GET THE FUCK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turbd4DE
07-11-2009, 02:15 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh calm down Amy dont be a over achiever.:goodjob:

all_american_gurl09
07-11-2009, 03:25 PM
shut up........... i say what i want