PDA

View Full Version : Should I?

Z0_o6
07-09-2009, 10:44 PM
Alright, here's the question: I currently have a Blackberry Storm on Verizon wireless. I hate the phone, it is a piece of shit, it constantly locks up, the touch screen is a piece of junk, and the speaker is too quiet for me to hear people. I am currently eligible to renew my contract with Verizon. Should I just get a new phone from Verizon and not worry about it, or should I switch to AT&T and get the new iPhone 3GS. I would be purchasing the 16GB model in black. The plans are less than $5/month difference, so after the initial cost of starting a plan, the monthly bill remains the same. Anybody who has the new iphone 3GS please chime in about how well the phone works, and how good coverage is. I have been satisfied with the Verizon network itself, I have coverage almost everywhere I go. The total cash outlay looks like $199.99 for the phone, and a $36.00 one time activation fee, which to me is pretty reasonable. I currently own a 8GB iPod touch, which I love dearly, it works FANTASTIC. Can I expect the iPhone to offer the same great interface and user friendliness as the iPod?

Reps for any help :)

97_c1vic
07-09-2009, 11:07 PM
I would switch to Att, sell the storm, and then you would basically be getting the iPhone for free...

FasTech
07-09-2009, 11:12 PM
Screw AT&T. I had them and I hated it. They're rude and you never really have service anywhere. I could be on Russel and not have service. Plus, I can't even count how many times I had dropped calls. And the one time I broke down and needed the thing to work I had to walk atleast a mile to get service. Just my opinion though.

Slow Motion
07-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Hi, Im Ms. Jones try T-Mobile. You can call anytime from anywhere. Plus I give the :idb: good.

http://ghing012906.googlepages.com/Catherine_Zeta_Jones3.jpg

Z0_o6
07-09-2009, 11:23 PM
How much can I realistically sell the Storm for? It isn't beat to death, and it works as it did new, I just personally don;t think it worked that great from the get-go.

Fast-Tech: When I had AT&T before the only places I didn't get service was out in Jones co. in the sticks lol. If I could get a damn iPhone to work with Verizon I would buy it in a heartbeat!!

Crazy Asian
07-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Alright, here's the question: I currently have a Blackberry Storm on Verizon wireless. I hate the phone, it is a piece of shit, it constantly locks up, the touch screen is a piece of junk, and the speaker is too quiet for me to hear people. I am currently eligible to renew my contract with Verizon. Should I just get a new phone from Verizon and not worry about it, or should I switch to AT&T and get the new iPhone 3GS. I would be purchasing the 16GB model in black. The plans are less than $5/month difference, so after the initial cost of starting a plan, the monthly bill remains the same. Anybody who has the new iphone 3GS please chime in about how well the phone works, and how good coverage is. I have been satisfied with the Verizon network itself, I have coverage almost everywhere I go. The total cash outlay looks like $199.99 for the phone, and a $36.00 one time activation fee, which to me is pretty reasonable. I currently own a 8GB iPod touch, which I love dearly, it works FANTASTIC. Can I expect the iPhone to offer the same great interface and user friendliness as the iPod?

Reps for any help :)

Storm is ultimate fail. I hate that phone. It feels so awkward and so stupid. Yeah just sell it on Ebay, and get the IPhone. No doubt. You'll love the IPhone. The apps are super easy to do. You should do this no problem.

Z0_o6
07-09-2009, 11:26 PM
Storm is ultimate fail. I hate that phone. It feels so awkward and so stupid. Yeah just sell it on Ebay, and get the IPhone. No doubt. You'll love the IPhone. The apps are super easy to do. You should do this no problem.

Like I said, i am absolutely in LOVE with my iPod Touch 8GB, the interface is light-years ahead of the Storm for sure!

Does anybody know if it is possible AT ALL to get an iPhone to work on Verizon? Will an unlocked phone work? That would be the ideal solution.

JITB
07-09-2009, 11:28 PM
id get a new verizon phone... At&t's service isnt as good as verizon..

Crazy Asian
07-09-2009, 11:28 PM
Like I said, i am absolutely in LOVE with my iPod Touch 8GB, the interface is light-years ahead of the Storm for sure!

Does anybody know if it is possible AT ALL to get an iPhone to work on Verizon? Will an unlocked phone work? That would be the ideal solution.

not really unless there someone on here who's ingenious with how Verzion system is setup.

Z0_o6
07-09-2009, 11:30 PM
not really unless there someone on here who's ingenious with how Verzion system is setup.

:(

I did hear that sometime in the near future (like January-ish) that Verizon would be offering the iPhone, because Apple's exclusive contract with AT&T will expire or something. I just don't know if I can be patient enough for that...

Crazy Asian
07-09-2009, 11:41 PM
ooo sucks for you. Well just get a cheap iphone and bear with it till Jan. I mean you save money for now. And you can more parts for you car.

Z0_o6
07-09-2009, 11:43 PM
ooo sucks for you. Well just get a cheap iphone and bear with it till Jan. I mean you save money for now. And you can more parts for you car.

lol parts for the car is covered ;)

I'm just trying to decide if it's worth it to change carriers just to get the iPhone. As stated I would LOVE to hear that an unlocked/jailbroken iPhone would work with verizon.

Slow Motion
07-09-2009, 11:58 PM
Hi, Im Ms. Jones try T-Mobile. You can call anytime from anywhere. Plus I give the :idb: good.

http://ghing012906.googlepages.com/Catherine_Zeta_Jones3.jpg

I'm tryin T-Mobile.

AlanŽ
07-10-2009, 12:01 AM
id get a new verizon phone... At&t's service isnt as good as verizon..
Too true. Honestly man renew your contract with verizon and just get a curve. When I went to go upgrade it was a toss up between the curve and the storm and I am so glad I got the curve. The storm just didnt seem like it was worth it to me. And I have my own 2K nightmare story about AT&T

JITB
07-10-2009, 12:02 AM
Too true. Honestly man renew your contract with verizon and just get a curve. When I went to go upgrade it was a toss up between the curve and the storm and I am so glad I got the curve. The storm just didnt seem like it was worth it to me. And I have my own 2K nightmare story about AT&T

i went to panama city last week, and my gf and her sister had 1 bar, sometimes none all weekend down there...and my verizon was on point! :goodjob:

97_c1vic
07-10-2009, 12:20 AM
How much can I realistically sell the Storm for? It isn't beat to death, and it works as it did new, I just personally don;t think it worked that great from the get-go.

Fast-Tech: When I had AT&T before the only places I didn't get service was out in Jones co. in the sticks lol. If I could get a damn iPhone to work with Verizon I would buy it in a heartbeat!!I'm sure you can get $200+ for it and the new iphones 3gs is $200 so it would just even out...

jcs
07-10-2009, 12:40 AM
gl with whatever man. my phone never works anywhere i go hardly so i basically dont use it lol.

DeeAOne
07-10-2009, 12:43 AM
lol, ive heard nothing but bad stuff about the blackberry. my buddy has it and it freezes 24/7. sometimes when he tries to record a video it just completely shuts off. lol

in other words, go with the iPhone.

all_american_gurl09
07-10-2009, 12:46 AM
go with att

97_c1vic
07-10-2009, 12:51 AM
lol, ive heard nothing but bad stuff about the blackberry. my buddy has it and it freezes 24/7. sometimes when he tries to record a video it just completely shuts off. lol

in other words, go with the iPhone.And to add to that, Blackberries take FOREVER to turn on... lol

Slow Motion
07-10-2009, 12:56 AM
LMAO@ JCs......Who did you piss off.LIRL.

The Ren
07-10-2009, 01:49 AM
With the new upgrade on the storm I have had no issues with my phone.. the only thing I dont like is its only a 1g hd.. non expandable.. and you need to keep 25mgs open for it to run right.. the storm 2 is supposed to be out in Oct and will feature between a 10-15g hd... so if you can hold out til then.. besides.. at&t service isnt as good as verizon.

Jblizzard
07-10-2009, 01:51 AM
Go with verizon man, just get the curve (if you're looking for great service)

If you want a kick ass phone then get the Iphone lol

AlanŽ
07-10-2009, 02:02 AM
And to add to that, Blackberries take FOREVER to turn on... lol
Only if you pull the battery out of them while they are still on.

Slow Motion
07-10-2009, 02:42 AM
You know you should have made a poll to this. In reality I think you know what you want but you just won't move on what you want. You not gonna find out something unless you try it. other ppl's experience should guide, not lead you.

~fin~

~just sayin~

Z0_o6
07-10-2009, 05:14 AM
just sayin' :)

Motivation
07-10-2009, 05:42 AM
Hit up Stillaneon, he is a sprint rep. He'll actually be able to answer your questions honestly.

SmackedInATL
07-10-2009, 06:58 AM
Once you have an iPhone you'll never want anything else.

Z0_o6
07-10-2009, 11:03 AM
that's the real rub about it. I KNOW I want the iPhone, I just don't know if it's worth switching from an awesome provider (Verizon) to get it.

Arm&hammer
07-10-2009, 11:53 AM
My friend switched from verizon to get the iPhone and he says that he loves it and hasn't said anything about bad service..

neverenough
07-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Verizon WILL Be getting the iPhone. I'm waiting it out because I HATE AT&T. I had them for 3 years with nothing but problems. I've had Verizon for about 4 years now and have NEVER dropped or missed a call... unless I meant to : ) And their customer service is CRAZY good. I've never waited for more than a minute to get on the phone with a LIVE PERSON w/Verizon.

DO NOT SWITCH!

Arm&hammer
07-10-2009, 12:02 PM
maybe it's just my phone but i drop calls all the fucking time.
does anyone know when verizon will be getting the iPhone?

Z0_o6
07-10-2009, 12:09 PM
Verizon WILL Be getting the iPhone. I'm waiting it out because I HATE AT&T. I had them for 3 years with nothing but problems. I've had Verizon for about 4 years now and have NEVER dropped or missed a call... unless I meant to : ) And their customer service is CRAZY good. I've never waited for more than a minute to get on the phone with a LIVE PERSON w/Verizon.

DO NOT SWITCH!

How long do I have to wait? :cry:

jcs
07-10-2009, 12:14 PM
LMAO@ JCs......Who did you piss off.LIRL.

idk but i finally got it fixed:goodjob:

Z0_o6
07-10-2009, 12:19 PM
^^^ are you sure it's fixed? that picture looks pretty fucked up too. :D

punkr6
07-10-2009, 12:22 PM
Once you have an iPhone you'll never want anything else.

x2, AT&T's service isn't the best , but the iPhone is the benchmark and you will love it....

SmackedInATL
07-10-2009, 08:23 PM
How is AT&T's coverage in Warner Robins? If you can get 3G in your house then do it for sure. I'm not sure is Warner Robbins is a 3g coverage area, if it isn't, I wouldn't do it. Can't do shit on the EDGE network. Remember you have 30 days for full refund no questions asked....

Z0_o6
07-10-2009, 09:51 PM
After looking at the AT&T coverage map, I can't get 3G in my area. Looks like I'm just gonna have to suffer for a while I guess. Fuckin' bullshit.

scabtastic
07-11-2009, 01:09 AM
i just got back from panama city, both my buddies have att (one which has the iphone 3g) and they didnt get service at all...so they used my phone (im with verizon)

JITB
07-11-2009, 02:01 AM
i just got back from panama city, both my buddies have att (one which has the iphone 3g) and they didnt get service at all...so they used my phone (im with verizon)

i went to panama city last week, and my gf and her sister had 1 bar, sometimes none all weekend down there...and my verizon was on point! :goodjob:

:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: