PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Anatomy of a 35mm "Tial"

TheChosenOne
07-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Ok, I have an off-brand 35mm Tial Replica, and my mechanic says I need a Valve seat ring. Now, upon looking this part up (35mm), there is ONLY 1 available on the internet... With time being an issue, along with the sparse availability, needless to say, this part has jumped to the top of my list of "important shiit to fix on my car".

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Jordon/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-5.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Jordon/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-6.jpghttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k292/unuselectus/xxxx.jpg

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Jordon/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Jordon/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.jpg
Enough with the rambling, what I need to know is will this be completely necessary before I finish putting on my wastegate? If I baby the car, will it be fine until the ring comes in the mail?

Z0_o6
07-08-2009, 06:39 PM
no, the fire ring is necessary for the wastegate to function properly. don't half-ass anything, and you will save yourself a headache later. i would also suggest considering a legit TiAL wastegate instead of a knockoff that you don't know how well it controls boost.

TheChosenOne
07-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Great minds think alike my friend.

I'm in the process of purchasing a Turbonetics wastegate... with a fire ring. :D :bump: