PDA

View Full Version : help

stillaneon
07-07-2009, 03:03 PM
My laptop has just recently decided to give me major problems.

I boot windows, it stays on for a matter of 5 minutes or so then goes to the blue screen and says something about a memory dump.

Everytime I try to run AVG or go to the control panel to uninstall a program, it freezes and shuts down.

Anyone have any idea what to do.

I have booted in safe mode and run AVG, I have run spybot, Vista wont let me delete programs in safe mode for some reason.

Reps for serious help...

green91
07-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Usually when i run into this, something has gotten corrupted in the registry or system files. Alot of times it requires a format/reinstall of the OS..

Rather than booting into safe mode, have you tried running the "Last known good configuration" ? Ive gotten lucky a few times and was able to use an older version. You can also try and use a previous system restore point if it will let you before it crashes.

600 Double R
07-07-2009, 10:02 PM
sounds like you possibly have something internal about to fail you.

stillaneon
07-09-2009, 01:29 PM
Usually when i run into this, something has gotten corrupted in the registry or system files. Alot of times it requires a format/reinstall of the OS..

Rather than booting into safe mode, have you tried running the "Last known good configuration" ? Ive gotten lucky a few times and was able to use an older version. You can also try and use a previous system restore point if it will let you before it crashes.

I tried both. I guess whatever is killing my machin was lying dormant for a while because I restored to the oldest point and the machine is still shot.

I am reformatting tonight :(

Jblizzard
07-10-2009, 01:44 AM
Once you log into windows, even with problems... it remembers it as its Last Known Good Config.

So that won't work.

If you haven't reformatted send me a msg

stillaneon
07-10-2009, 10:27 PM
I tried the last known config.

I reformatted yesterday

600 Double R
07-11-2009, 12:00 AM
still having problems?

stillaneon
07-11-2009, 09:17 AM
eh, it won't run the same as it did new, but It will work until my new notebook comes in..

jorgen
08-05-2009, 08:30 AM
try a memory test program. it could be the ram.

CLR-NISSAN
08-09-2009, 01:13 AM
Make sure to save the data that you can't lose

green91
08-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Make sure to save the data that you can't lose

did you not see where he reformatted a MONTH ago? I mean really people please read.