PDA

View Full Version : Misc gym question... how do you construct your workout?

yojimbo
07-07-2009, 11:54 AM
Today is one of those days that I am re-constructing my workout. So I am looking for some fresh ideas.

I used to make my workout from scratch when I first started, 3 full body workouts. Then I moved onto a 4 day split, I think I took that from Arnold's Gym Bible book. Since then I have done 5 day splits, 6 day splits. I have even played around with rep ranges, 6-8 reps, 10-12, pyramid, inverse pyramid, the list goes on.

For the past three years I have been mainly using http://www.tmuscle.com/index.jsp but their Biotech whore articles are starting to annoy me.

I am looking for some fresh ideas, articles, sites, books.... help??

bowdown201
07-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Today is one of those days that I am re-constructing my workout. So I am looking for some fresh ideas.

I used to make my workout from scratch when I first started, 3 full body workouts. Then I moved onto a 4 day split, I think I took that from Arnold's Gym Bible book. Since then I have done 5 day splits, 6 day splits. I have even played around with rep ranges, 6-8 reps, 10-12, pyramid, inverse pyramid, the list goes on.

For the past three years I have been mainly using http://www.tmuscle.com/index.jsp but their Biotech whore articles are starting to annoy me.

I am looking for some fresh ideas, articles, sites, books.... help??

I always try and go 5 nights a week (maybe more depending if theres nothing to do). Ill just do one part of the body each night for example chest one night back the next and so on. Ill usually keep it in the same order also. I like heavey weight so I wont normally go over 12 reps with 3 sets. Its all personal preferance really

dvlerin41
07-07-2009, 02:04 PM
I with trav here too. Except I like too do muscles a day ex. Back and biceps alot of the same motions in those workouts so the kinda coexist or like chest and triceps. I do about 5 days aweek but im always looking for new workouts to try, so my muscles arent getting used to the same thing

bowdown201
07-07-2009, 02:37 PM
I knew youd find this thread. Too bad you cant find you Electrics anymore :taun: :lmfao:

jle254
07-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Hey man I've basically tried many different routines. Most likely start off with a goal. Like are you trying to tone down and get lean? Gain Mass? Just to maintain good health? that's the first thing you should answer. From there you kind of start building.

yojimbo
07-08-2009, 08:52 AM
Hey man I've basically tried many different routines. Most likely start off with a goal. Like are you trying to tone down and get lean? Gain Mass? Just to maintain good health? that's the first thing you should answer. From there you kind of start building.

Well the thing is that i enjoy flexing my guns infront of the mirror so i like staying in shape -- not so much mass just a nice lean look... but lately my work outs aren't satisfying me or my body. i box and used to wrestle so i've been in decent shape since i was a teen.

i think what i need is to get into mma.
maybe that'll work me into a monster -- i'll train exclusively for the kumite.

Blitanicle99
07-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Body building.com is where I've found all mineo

jle254
07-09-2009, 01:29 PM
i think what i need is to get into mma.
maybe that'll work me into a monster -- i'll train exclusively for the kumite.[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah i know exactly what you mean. Basically all that working out you've hit a plateau. Yeahh MMA would probably turn you into a monster but if not just try to start dieting that tends to make the biggest difference

yojimbo
07-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Haha yeah i know exactly what you mean. Basically all that working out you've hit a plateau. Yeahh MMA would probably turn you into a monster but if not just try to start dieting that tends to make the biggest difference

... gotcha. I have been talkin to a few buddies of mine,
and we're gonna start some hardcore workout sessions next week so... if that can help me achive what I want than that'll be awesome!!!

i'm still thinking about getting into mma though --- maybe bjj or muay thai.

bowdown201
07-10-2009, 07:27 AM
So you think getting into mma will make you bigger?

yojimbo
07-10-2009, 07:32 AM
if you read post # 6 you'd see that i'm not looking to gain mass...
just want a leaner look.

I could stop working out for a few months and still been in good shape -- I just like pushing my body to the limit.

btstone
07-10-2009, 02:46 PM
if you read post # 6 you'd see that i'm not looking to gain mass...
just want a leaner look.

I could stop working out for a few months and still been in good shape -- I just like pushing my body to the limit.

why dont you come work out with me for a month. i could show you a lot. i have a full months routine to keep the muscles surprised and always soar. plus the nutrition you need to go with it. check my facebook. (brandon stone) i have a few pics of my body on there

bowdown201
07-10-2009, 02:58 PM
i have a few pics of my body on there

awwwww :gay:lol jk bro. What gym you go too Body Talk?

btstone
07-10-2009, 03:08 PM
awwwww :gay:lol jk bro. What gym you go too Body Talk?

you must have been jacking off to my pics:eek:

yeah body talk. i trained with Box for a month or so to get the routine down. it is nuts. send me a face book request son!

bowdown201
07-10-2009, 03:45 PM
I did. Yea I got to the Golds on Eagles Landing. Some of my buddies work out there occasionally I think. I know 1 of em just switched from there to Golds and he came and did my arm workout and said he was sore as fuck the next day lol

jle254
07-11-2009, 12:28 AM
Yeah if u decide to do MMA u should definitely do Muay Thai. I've done it for a little while but had to stop because i didnt have much time but I can definitely say it will push your body to the limit. all the conditioning is awesome and will definitely keep you lean and healthy

btstone
07-11-2009, 12:44 AM
I did. Yea I got to the Golds on Eagles Landing. Some of my buddies work out there occasionally I think. I know 1 of em just switched from there to Golds and he came and did my arm workout and said he was sore as fuck the next day lol

come do my routine. most ppl wont make it through the entire workout. i know i didtn the first time. i threw up. im good now though

yojimbo
07-11-2009, 09:27 AM
why dont you come work out with me for a month. i could show you a lot. i have a full months routine to keep the muscles surprised and always soar. plus the nutrition you need to go with it. check my facebook. (brandon stone) i have a few pics of my body on there

All my buddies and i are pretty tough dudes who know about working out...
we're starting monday,
and if they fail to satisfy my body i'll try out your routine.

btstone
07-11-2009, 11:00 AM
All my buddies and i are pretty tough dudes who know about working out...
we're starting monday,
and if they fail to satisfy my body i'll try out your routine.

just let em know.

bowdown201
07-11-2009, 11:24 AM
whats the workout you do? Btstone

btstone
07-11-2009, 04:37 PM
whats the workout you do? Btstone

its a mixture of stuff, from real heavy pyramids, to circuit training. its extremeyl difficult to get through. i had been working out 3 yrs when i first started doing it and i threw up my first leg day

jle254
07-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Man maybe i need to come try your workoutt