PDA

View Full Version : Misc Being diabetic.

RUFFIAN
07-06-2009, 10:37 PM
:police: My Ex just took my blood sugar and it was reading 469. I have never been diagnosted as a dibetic but that is kinda got me nervous. Is there anyone on here that is diabetic or can shed a little light on this for me. thank you.

tony
07-06-2009, 10:41 PM
My mother is diabetic, it is something that can be handled. What kind of shape are you in?

Kevykev
07-06-2009, 11:20 PM
^ If it doesn't run in your family you might have type 2 which can be managed or "cured" by exercise. There is ample information about the condition on the net which I'm sure you've already started to browse.

My grandmother has lived a long life as a diabetic she is currently 92.

Be prepared to overhaul your diet.

RUFFIAN
07-06-2009, 11:41 PM
Yeah I'm the best shape there is................Perfectly Round. I am going to have to totally overhaul my Diet and Lifestyle. thank you for the responces.

tony
07-07-2009, 08:54 AM
Exactly what Kev said, my dad was diagnosed but haven't dealt with it since he changed his eating habits and lifestyle.

Theres a few things I do to avoid Diabetes, my blood pressure is consistently low as well is my cholesterol.. I don't drink soda and I don't eat fried foods. Simple as that, I don't even exercise all that often but I manage to avoid health issues by maintaining a decent diet. Don't get me wrong though.. I am forever a sucker for Papa Johns.

Red_Phoenix
07-07-2009, 09:13 AM
My dad has type 2. He drank 2 two litre bottles of coke a day for 40 years and it caught up with him. With yoru blood sugar being that high you prolly are in the same boat. You will need to revamp your diet and lose weight and be more ative and eat healthier. My dad is on medication to help control his diabetes and lost 25 lbs. I would before anything get your butt to a doctor and get it looked at ASAP though 469 is just through the rooof! Your health, you'll miss it when its gone.

cactusEG
07-07-2009, 09:49 AM
My grandfather was diabetic (RIP) and so is my sister. It runs in the family...

Coco
07-11-2009, 12:41 AM
My boyfriend and I both have type 1 diabetes. If you are more thirsty than before, peeing more and losing weight... it could mean that your pancreas no longer will produce insulin and you could have type 1 diabetes.

If you are overweight your body may not be responding to the insulin it is producing and you will have to control it with pills, diet and excerise.

You need to go see a doctor and possibly endocronoligist, which is a doctor that specializes in diabetes.

Oh and neither of us have had any history of diabetes in our families, so just a thought.

blackshine007
07-11-2009, 12:52 AM
My homeboy's dad is diabetic. But when he changed his diet to eating fruits and baked food instead of cake and other junk food (fried included), his sugar level instantly dropped. He even lost a couple of pounds in the process. He's been in really good shape ever since. I don't need to be hearing about you going to the hospital no more, man :no: