PDA

View Full Version : S2K Clutches [competition clutch]

CHADbee
07-06-2009, 05:26 PM
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

pressure plate is BARELY used and still perfect condition. we tested it out on our plate load tester and its like new. comes with a new disc and bearing kit(with that crazy insane expensive TOB)

normally goes for $595 from us. save yourself over 200 bucks cause the pressure plate was in a car for a month. stage 2 or 4 for $350 you pick.

PRICES ARE FIRM AND PICKED UP IN CONYERS

SandM
07-09-2009, 12:10 PM
bump, stage 2 working great for me

CHADbee
07-10-2009, 03:11 PM
where you at S2k people?

CHADbee
07-12-2009, 09:09 PM
bump

aCab
07-16-2009, 11:40 PM
might need this in a few months

CHADbee
07-16-2009, 11:51 PM
might need this in a few months
I'm sure I won't have them in a few months. Get one while I got them :D

CHADbee
07-20-2009, 07:09 AM
:yawn:

CHADbee
07-23-2009, 02:49 PM
where you at s2k peeps?

blue_5g_zc
07-25-2009, 09:25 PM
any clutch buzz on these? heard they are kinda loud....

CHADbee
07-26-2009, 12:30 AM
any clutch buzz on these? heard they are kinda loud....I've never heard anybody say anything about the drivetrain getting louder with this clutch. It happens with G35/350Zs cause you get rid of the dual mass fly. With the S2K it's the same style clutch and fly as it comes with from the factory buts it's just a performance version. I don't see any reason this clutch would make the tranny make more noise. The stage 4 with the 6 puck will be more chattery than stock but that's with every car.

blue_5g_zc
07-26-2009, 08:24 PM
well its not actually the tranny making the noise....its the springs in the clutch disc....and even some of the earlier oem clutches had this problem.

but anyways. if u had no issues with it...then bump for you and goodluck with sale.

bernard
07-27-2009, 07:17 AM
Bump for ya chad. And im still going to get another clutch from ya too. Thanks again

CHADbee
07-29-2009, 11:08 PM
:idb:

scareyourpassenger
07-31-2009, 06:06 PM
A friend of mine bought a stage two and had the clutch buzz. I am guessing that an early clutch disc was used for the template and that is why they do this. It can be fixed by using a new oem center with the upgraded material.

Does the pressure plate provide any additional clamping force compared to stock or is all the grip in the clutch disc?

CHADbee
07-31-2009, 09:02 PM
A friend of mine bought a stage two and had the clutch buzz. I am guessing that an early clutch disc was used for the template and that is why they do this. It can be fixed by using a new oem center with the upgraded material.

Does the pressure plate provide any additional clamping force compared to stock or is all the grip in the clutch disc?
This is the 1st time of my 4 years at comp clutch I've ever heard anything about a buzz from our clutches for the S2000. The pressure plate does have a good amount of increased clamp load over the stock plate. Inline Pro swears by our clutches for the S2K...we sell more directly to them than we do to retail customers :D

blue_5g_zc
08-03-2009, 02:54 PM
hmmm...should trying google

maybe the new disc have the tighter springs and avoid the buzz...but i hear they hold the power like a beast.

CHADbee
08-03-2009, 04:23 PM
hmmm...should trying google

maybe the new disc have the tighter springs and avoid the buzz...but i hear they hold the power like a beast.
yep i read a few things about it then asked our tech guy and he LOL'd and said if you want a performance clutch, that holds power, grabs like a mofo, and lasts for years it will sound and feel different than stock.

that being said these clutches i have for sale you will get the tiniest buzz from the disc but nothing near as bad as the sounds coming from the tranny of a VQ35 car without a dual mass fly. if you want a performance clutch that is far superior than stock in every aspect that has a SLIGHT buzz to it then this is the way to go. if your going to cry about the trans being a TINY bit louder then a stock clutch is your best bet. its NO WHERE near as bad as getting rid of the dual mass fly on a 350Z....now that is a noisy tranny.

scareyourpassenger
08-05-2009, 02:42 PM
The buzz is during decel not while engaging. I don't think it has anything to do with the additional grip.

Inline pro even pointed out that some of your clutches had this issue till recently.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=698518&st=25&#entry16720817

CHADbee
08-05-2009, 03:11 PM
The buzz is during decel not while engaging. I don't think it has anything to do with the additional grip.

Inline pro even pointed out that some of your clutches had this issue till recently.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=698518&st=25&#entry16720817
NEW AND IMPROVED!!!! LIMITED SUPPLY!! BUY NOW!!! JUST RELEASED!!! NOBODY HAS THIS!!!!

Knowing how to market a product is important in this business.

With that being said the discs that are in these clutches were manufatured the day before I made this thread.

blue_5g_zc
08-06-2009, 07:42 PM
well the clutch is engaged technically....its the vibration and backlash from the transmission and the springs in the clutch disc are slightly vibrating causing the infamous "buzz".

it has nothing to do with the performance of longevity of the clutch, but is just a common noise with the s2000's.

as for this guy selling these clutches...they are very good clutches...hold like a beast as i have said and get good reviews. so not trying to step on toes...but its good to know ALL the details

CHADbee
08-06-2009, 10:59 PM
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD