PDA

View Full Version : DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 93 and 94 integra clutch kit

hondalover00
07-06-2009, 11:04 AM
i have a clutch kit for a 93 integra and i want a gsr hydro tranny....what is the difference between the two kits..i think the spline count is the same..lmk..any info would help me out

green91
07-06-2009, 11:04 AM
As long as the splines are the same, run it.

hondalover00
07-06-2009, 12:19 PM
i think that the throw out bearing might be different...anyone help?

VickNotic
07-06-2009, 02:41 PM
hydro & cable clutch kit are different!!! splines are the same but it will not fit in there firmly. And is your 93 teg hydro converted already?? cause you cant just decide to run a hydro tranny whenever you want to 8D

j0natell0
07-06-2009, 03:08 PM
whats the difference between big spline and little spline.. i just traded my itr tranny so im about to get a 95 ls hydro tranny, just wondering if it will fit mine..

sorry to threadjack btw bro

VickNotic
07-06-2009, 03:17 PM
yeah it fits! but what i'm talking about is the clutch difference of cable & hydro only .. Bsereis transmission are interchangable .. from

hondalover00
07-06-2009, 03:35 PM
hydro & cable clutch kit are different!!! splines are the same but it will not fit in there firmly. And is your 93 teg hydro converted already?? cause you cant just decide to run a hydro tranny whenever you want to 8D

the disc fits on the spline fine on a 94 integra ls hydro and same fitment on my 93 integra gsr cable tranny....how would the fitment be different of what your talking about

VickNotic
07-06-2009, 10:42 PM
well then you must have some sort of universal clutch disc or something then..

cable and hydro clutch kit are there for a purpose for users application. if you have a cable tranny you'll need a clutch kit that is for ur cable tranny! you can find out the hard way and later on the splines will be rounded out within months 8D

Formally...
07-07-2009, 09:02 AM
The spline count is the same for the 92-93 cable b-series and the hydro b-series. The internal parts are the same just in different cases. The throwout bearing will be the only thing that is different. This is the reason clutch companies have different part numbers for the cable and hydro kits (look up ACT and you will see that everything in each kit is exactly the same exept the throw out bearing).

hondalover00
07-07-2009, 12:23 PM
The spline count is the same for the 92-93 cable b-series and the hydro b-series. The internal parts are the same just in different cases. The throwout bearing will be the only thing that is different. This is the reason clutch companies have different part numbers for the cable and hydro kits (look up ACT and you will see that everything in each kit is exactly the same exept the throw out bearing).

thanx for this:goodjob: