PDA

View Full Version : Got a question for you Athens people

Matt300ZXT
07-05-2009, 05:09 PM
I'm making a road trip Tuesday from Chattanooga to Hiawassee, GA to pick up some seats. Then I'm making a trip from there to Athens (hopefully) to meet a guy for some wheels. Since the trip from Hiawassee to Athens has no big interstates or anything to take a specific exit off of and meet at a big gas station (like you'd be able to on I-75 for example), I'll need a nice big, central place in Athens to get directions to and meet the guy. He'll be coming from Augusta, GA and even though he mentioned Conyers, GA as a place he'd meet in his ad, Athens is closer to him, and closer to where I'll be coming from.

So if anyone knows a big store in Athens, like a big grocery store or movie theater or something that I could meet him at and get directions to, I'd appreciate it.

After that I'll be going from Athens to Chattanooga, so if anyone knows a good way to go to get to I-75 North from there I'd appreciate it.

Evil Goat
07-05-2009, 05:10 PM
UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA

just sayin.

sogood
07-05-2009, 05:18 PM
Meeting at the GA Square Mall would be easy enough. It's also close to the 10-Loop which hits 316S. Take 316S to 85S, then take 285W to 75N.

Just punch in "Georgia Square Mall" on Google maps. I'm sure the way I said to get to 75N will be the way it takes you.

Matt300ZXT
07-05-2009, 05:37 PM
So mr M3 guy, I may be asking you for more in detail directions to get back from the mall to my house that way. I have never been to Athens and most places I go have interstates I get off of at big exits and take just a couple small roads. Not really used to going places using small highways and backroads.

sogood
07-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Hiawasse to Athens and then Athens to Chat will be an easier trip than you may think. Google maps will steer you the right way, but feel free to PM me if you need any further help.

creman
07-06-2009, 11:44 AM
if your not familiar with Athens I would stay away. It's the most stupid city layout I've ever seen.

But to answer your question, GA square mall was a very good suggestion.

Double_0_Rusty
07-06-2009, 11:44 AM
Carmike Movie theater on Lexington, should you be coming down 441 from Commerce area.....