PDA

View Full Version : ABS Brake system question

STRteg
07-04-2009, 03:14 PM
94 acura integra,I have noticed since replacing my rims that the previous owner before me has cut each ABS wire on all 4 sides and removed the ABS bulb which i put back in and was wondering a few questions?

1.Why would they do such a thing?

2.Does it affect the braking in the vehicle?

3.Should I be trying to reconnect this and fix it?Or does it not even matter?

All help very much appreciated:goodjob:

speedminded
07-04-2009, 03:28 PM
94 acura integra,I have noticed since replacing my rims that the previous owner before me has cut each ABS wire on all 4 sides and removed the ABS bulb which i put back in and was wondering a few questions?

1.Why would they do such a thing?

2.Does it affect the braking in the vehicle?

3.Should I be trying to reconnect this and fix it?Or does it not even matter?

All help very much appreciated:goodjob:Depends if you feel you need ABS, I don't care much for it so I never have it connected. :goodjob:

STRteg
07-04-2009, 03:33 PM
Depends if you feel you need ABS, I don't care much for it so I never have it connected. :goodjob:

Oh,Well with the wiring cut like it is Will my brakes still function the same way?

And thanks for your input too

Barefoot
07-04-2009, 03:49 PM
yah they will still function correct. just wont have abs if u get into a bind a stomp the brakes.

Black R
07-04-2009, 04:09 PM
fwiw, i remember reading an article about the type r when it came out and how they had a pro driver do some laps on a roadcourse with and without the abs connected.

the driver had consistently better times with the abs on - i think he could brake harder and deeper lap after lap.

so if a pro driver can't outperform abs, i doubt i could.

i even went so far as to have the complete itr abs system retrofitted into one of my project cars. i have never regretted it, and the amount of flatspots it has prevented has more than paid for itself. not to mention the peace of mind.

now i don't know the differences between the itr abs and yours, but for a street car I would ALWAYS leave it connected.

now if you're a hardparker who wants to shave his engine bay, then by all means delete it. :/

Da_unknown
07-04-2009, 07:06 PM
fwiw, i remember reading an article about the type r when it came out and how they had a pro driver do some laps on a roadcourse with and without the abs connected.

the driver had consistently better times with the abs on - i think he could brake harder and deeper lap after lap.

i even went so far as to have the complete itr abs system retrofitted into one of my project cars. i have never regretted it, and the amount of flatspots it has prevented has more than paid for itself. not to mention the peace of mind.

now i don't know the differences between the itr abs and yours, but for a street car I would ALWAYS leave it connected.

now if you're a hardparker who wants to shave his engine bay, then by all means delete it. :/

hows it going ken.. and u sir are the only person i know that have retrofitted that alone with other goodies in that car... :cheers:

blumagic04
07-04-2009, 07:16 PM
the past owner prob cut the wires because the abs light was already on and did want anyone to know there was a problem with it when he or she sold the car... you can hook it up if you want to but for the most part I wouldn'unless you really wish to

ep9716
07-04-2009, 09:21 PM
ABS is gay...

Most likely why he took it off.

STRteg
07-05-2009, 10:47 PM
yah they will still function correct. just wont have abs if u get into a bind a stomp the brakes.

Thanks much :goodjob:

Thanks for the input

the past owner prob cut the wires because the abs light was already on and did want anyone to know there was a problem with it when he or she sold the car... you can hook it up if you want to but for the most part I wouldn'unless you really wish to

Very possible but i could understand removing the bulb,but to cut the wire as well?:thinking: