PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Repair

Crazy Asian
07-03-2009, 11:08 PM
I have a Sony Vaio laptop that I desperately need to repair. Anyone know one or better yet how to repair this. Right now the fan is annoyingly loud and I know it's not heat related. The stupid cooling is either bent or something but yeah.

HyPer50
07-04-2009, 07:44 AM
Most manufacturers have a guide for taking laptops apart on there website. Thats how I worked on my wifes laptop.. Key thing is remember where all the screws go cause there is a bunch of different size screws.

Crazy Asian
07-04-2009, 11:44 AM
yeah this really doesnt have a guide to be taken apart. I checked.

mimakiman11
07-07-2009, 01:39 AM
The internet does. Look harder.

browningboy7
07-07-2009, 01:46 AM
I just took my Vaio apart and put a new hard drive in it, It's actually VERY simple. Take all the screws out of the bottom and the top half just comes right off, giving you access to everything you need.

600 Double R
07-13-2009, 03:43 AM
pretty simple like browning said. take all the screws out of the bottom but please dont yank it apart if its tough to come apart from the top part. troubleshoot and do it yourself will save you time and money. take it to a computer shop or a store somewhere will rip you the f off. i worked as a computer technician as my last job and seen it. its business yeah. laptops are not that bad to work on as some people think. just go to walmart and get the yellow case of small screwdrivers for like $5 or something. they work perfect. hey if you cant fix your fan just shop on ebay for one im sure they are a couple bux. DIY ftw...