- Neukin Ram horn manifold
- 400hp intercooler
- Greddy turbo timer
- Greddy boost controller
- Hondata s200
- Downpipe/piping
- etc.

The turbo kit came off his fully built gsr made 450hp on 15 lbs

My question is should i run a bigger/or smaller turbo? my gsr is stock internals, so would this still be a good setup? i believe i need smaller injectors.

BTW: my goal is to have 300+hp

j0nbunklah0m
07-03-2009, 10:48 PM
i think u should get a b16. i hear they are really fast

j0natell0
07-03-2009, 10:57 PM
^nah. too slow. they get beat by non vtec b20's

j0nbunklah0m
07-03-2009, 11:06 PM
^nah. too slow. they get beat by non vtec b20's

quoted for falsness:boobies::goodjob::boobies::goodjob::taun: EPIC NOT MY FLOOR, NOT MY PROBLEM... NO WAYY...jerk

j0natell0
07-03-2009, 11:19 PM
quoted for falsness:boobies::goodjob::boobies::goodjob::taun: EPIC NOT MY FLOOR, NOT MY PROBLEM... NO WAYY...jerk

ITS TURBO TIME! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BklC1TUFS8&feature=related)

scttydb411
07-04-2009, 09:27 AM
you'll be fine as it stands...just get it on a dyno to see how the tune is on your engine and possbily touched up/retuned. don't expect that it'll be perfectly tuned on your engine. obviously you won't be able to run as much boost as he was.

j0natell0
07-05-2009, 12:48 PM
witch tranny should i use? should i stay with my itr 4.4 f/d already with lsd? or a ls, b16, or gsr and get lsd.

ive heard the itr tranny's lsd break from too much power from a launch

bpoweredhatch
07-05-2009, 02:01 PM
^^^ i got a gsr tranny in my car that had 60k on a jdm gsr swap im tryin to find me a lsd tranny

k20ej8
07-05-2009, 02:32 PM
how does it pull in your car? its in ur car thats boosted?

hondalover00
07-06-2009, 04:32 PM
if you gonna track it the type r tranny will do fine cause you probably wont see 5th gear....seen many 600whp+ hondas on stock type r tranny go for a while....just really depends on what your gonna do with it...street or track...and the turbo you will just have to see when the power band is..and when you are at full boost...again matters which application you are gonna use..street or track

j0natell0
07-07-2009, 01:44 PM
if you gonna track it the type r tranny will do fine cause you probably wont see 5th gear....seen many 600whp+ hondas on stock type r tranny go for a while....just really depends on what your gonna do with it...street or track...and the turbo you will just have to see when the power band is..and when you are at full boost...again matters which application you are gonna use..street or track

its for street use. i will go to the 1/4 though. and this is my DD

trini_gsr
07-07-2009, 03:07 PM
its for street use. i will go to the 1/4 though. and this is my DD

i'd keep the type-r tranny. out of boost the car is going to drive just like it does now, and you're already used to the gearing for DD, and the LSD will help with traction.

a 60 trim spools at what...5k rpms or so (give or take) on a gsr block? it'll make power to redline but the type-r tranny will keep you right in your powerband through shifts. depending on how wide your powerband is...you can probably run a gsr tranny too and be straight, and maybe save a little on gas for DD (your cruising RPMs would be lower). but since you already have a type-r+LSD, i wouldn't bother with the extra hassle/money of swapping it, personally.

good luck with the build though. you'll have a lot of fun with the car :D

JKOBD
07-21-2009, 09:33 PM
+1 on the ITR tranny. If you are concerned about cruising, get the LS 5th gears. The parts are less than 100 bucks. My car went 10.10@152 with the ITR tranny. Good luck.

Batlground
07-22-2009, 11:31 AM
alright so im about to get a complete turbo kit from this guy. He has a

-Garrett t3/t4 60 trim
- Turbonetics wastegate
- 800 cc injectors
- Greddy rZ bov
- Ram horn manifold
- 400hp intercooler
- Greddy turbo timer
- Greddy boost controller
- Hondata s200
- Downpipe/piping
- etc.

The turbo kit came off his fully built gsr made 450hp on 15 lbs

My question is should i run a bigger/or smaller turbo? my gsr is stock internals, so would this still be a good setup? i believe i need smaller injectors.

BTW: my goal is to have 300+hp

The injectors are fine, they are a little big and are good for around 600 hp to the ground but the honda ecu controls the larger injectors fairly well. Optimally you would want some 550cc injectors for 400 hp to the wheels. The turbo will be laggy and you wont get the benefit of running high rpms or running higher boost since you are on a stock motor. 350 hp is easily attainable on your motor. You can spool up much quicker with a smaller turbo and make 350hp. I guess it just depends on how much lag you can put up with and what you are comfortable with. If you rode in his car and you are ok with the spool then keep the turbo. I wouldn't think the tune would be that far off but a quick touch up may be needed.