PDA

View Full Version : Porsche Boxster ( 997 GT Aero )

T.Design
07-03-2009, 09:16 AM
Porsche Boxster ( 997 GT Aero )
More Photo:
http://fotop.net/ahtai80/Car_Photo

http://images5.fotop.net/albums5/ahtai80/Boxster_/IMG_7234a.jpg

http://images5.fotop.net/albums5/ahtai80/Boxster_/IMG_7456.jpg

http://images5.fotop.net/albums5/ahtai80/Boxster_/IMG_7440.jpg

http://images5.fotop.net/albums5/ahtai80/Boxster_/IMG_7449.jpg

http://images5.fotop.net/albums5/ahtai80/Boxster_/IMG_7470.jpg

http://images5.fotop.net/albums5/ahtai80/Boxster_/IMG_7497.jpg

http://images5.fotop.net/albums5/ahtai80/Boxster_/IMG_7489.jpg

http://images5.fotop.net/albums5/ahtai80/Boxster_/IMG_7250.jpg

http://images5.fotop.net/albums5/ahtai80/Boxster_/IMG_7220a.jpg

More Photo:
http://fotop.net/ahtai80/Car_Photo

Elbow
07-03-2009, 10:58 AM
So hot.

WTF?
07-03-2009, 11:02 AM
very nice

Doppelgänger
07-03-2009, 11:05 AM
Still looks like a plain boxter....

mirz833
07-03-2009, 11:10 AM
nice car

roxie911
07-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Wow....a Boxster that might actually be worth having.

4uh8ers
07-03-2009, 02:11 PM

:yes: Should have somehow changed up the quarter panels, or gotten rid of the side air duct, and slap a hard top on it, then there may be a boxer i would consider owning

james
07-03-2009, 02:35 PM
dirty porsche is dirty.

speedminded
07-03-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm digging the 997 headlights, I couldn't stand it when they changed up the 911 front with the making of the Boxster then preceded to use the same headlights in the 996. Porsche's roots are circular headlights and they should have always stuck with them.

A Boxster isn't a bad car if it's prepared right, you can get them between $10k and 15k all day long now. Add quality coil-over dampeners and tweak the suspension, 17/18" Team Dynamic multispoke wheels, 996 twin turbo brake upgrade...

Then a hard top and 997 front clip would make it look good.

roxie911
07-03-2009, 04:13 PM
I'm digging the 997 headlights, I couldn't stand it when they changed up the 911 front with the making of the Boxster then preceded to use the same headlights in the 996. Porsche's roots are circular headlights and they should have always stuck with them.

I hear ya on that one. I've got a 996 and the headlights piss me off more than anything on the car. It's annoying when little boys walk by and say "LOOK! A Boxster!" If I wasn't so dead set on "keeping with the 996 look" I would've changed my headlights a long ass time ago.

But I agree...Porsche should stick with what they're know for: Rear-engined cars and circular headlights.

imports
07-03-2009, 04:38 PM
nice pic's bro same with the car.

speedminded
07-03-2009, 04:56 PM
I hear ya on that one. I've got a 996 and the headlights piss me off more than anything on the car. It's annoying when little boys walk by and say "LOOK! A Boxster!" If I wasn't so dead set on "keeping with the 996 look" I would've changed my headlights a long ass time ago.

But I agree...Porsche should stick with what they're know for: Rear-engined cars and circular headlights.Jeep did the same thing with the Wrangler using square headlights and it took them several years to go back, now several of their models have circular headlights and they're just about the only manufacturer with them. The round headlights and vertically slat grill is what Jeeps has been known for, for decades, so it led to a HUGE lawsuit between DaimlerChrysler and AM General once they started producing the H2 hummer. Government items are exempt from trademark infringements so nothing could be done regarding the H1. Then the narrower H2 forced the grill to be smaller giving it too much likeness to a Jeep, that's what caused the lawsuit.

I know too much useless info :tongue:

For your Porsche I'd spend a year collecting the best deals on OEM 997 parts, i'm sure it's all bolt on and could easily come back off and sold if you were ever to get rid of the 996. I'm sure it's just like 993 parts can be fitted to mid 60's and up 911's.

What have you done to your 996?

*edit*
Ohh, I just realized you took a shot at the Cayenne and Panamera didn't you? :ninja:

Frög
07-03-2009, 05:30 PM
Nice tiptronic..

speedminded
07-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Nice tiptronic..I was trying to keep that to myself lol!

Frög
07-03-2009, 05:33 PM
For your Porsche I'd spend a year collecting the best deals on OEM 997 parts, i'm sure it's all bolt on and could easily come back off and sold if you were ever to get rid of the 996. I'm sure it's just like 993 parts can be fitted to mid 60's and up 911's.

I am looking into doing a 997 front end.. It bolts right up..

I know you know I am with you on the headlights.. But what can I do, I bought the car for the car, couldn't afford a 993 or a 997..

BUT I must say, the pre-facelift 996 front end looks better than the post-facelift front end with the turbo headlights.. I know it differentiates the two, but the lines don't flow as well.. IMO

roxie911
07-03-2009, 05:36 PM
-edit- directed towards speedminded if there's any confusion -edit-

Lol I don't really know too much about Jeep or Chrysler, but the Porsche stuff I can handle :)

But yeah, It's never been an issue of the level of difficulty, it's just the price of things that kills me. Plus, I've always been one for keeping the "originality" of the car. And for the 996 models...usually the first thing that comes to mind is the Boxster headlights. But, then again, I think I really do hate them that much.

As for what I've done to it, nothing as of now. I've only had it for about 8 months and 7 out of the 8 was spent on getting the title, so, there wasn't a lot I could do. Why put money into a car you could lose? Anyway, it came with an aero kit already installed, so it has the GT wing and these ugly side skirts that I want to get rid of. Right now, I'm thinking about changing out the wheels and exhaust and I'd like to redo the interior. I hate grey interior on a black car. It just looks out of place.

But right now I'm kinda debating on whether or not to keep it. Since I've gotten it, I've had to replace the brakes, change out the sensors, and things keep breaking on the inside. And my new problem: Oxygen Sensors need to be replaced. All this has happened within the past month or so. It's a little too much for me right now.

Frög
07-03-2009, 05:40 PM
^ ughh IDK why porsche made that damn grey interior! wtf were they thinking..

Agree with the sideskirts, they don't flow.. I remember seeing pics of your whip..

I need to redo my brake$$$$$$ when I get back from France tooo!! UGH

HachiDori
07-03-2009, 05:41 PM

x3297

Frög
07-03-2009, 05:42 PM
Boxster S would of been killer..

roxie911
07-03-2009, 05:47 PM
^ ughh IDK why porsche made that damn grey interior! wtf were they thinking..

Agree with the sideskirts, they don't flow.. I remember seeing pics of your whip..

I need to redo my brake$$$$$$ when I get back from France tooo!! UGH

Good luck with the brakes...that was the biggest hassle for me. We ordered the brakes and then they left out some parts because Porsche had "updated their equiptment" as they put it, so, it made this horrrible thumping noise whenever you'd step on the brakes. We had to pay extra to get the parts that they forgot which made it much more expensive than it should've been.

Frög
07-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Good luck with the brakes...that was the biggest hassle for me. We ordered the brakes and then they left out some parts because Porsche had "updated their equiptment" as they put it, so, it made this horrrible thumping noise whenever you'd step on the brakes. We had to pay extra to get the parts that they forgot which made it much more expensive than it should've been.

Where did you get it done? This is the second time I do them.. I drive VERY VERY hard, ALL the time.. I am an idiot, I know, that's not the point.. The point is, pads don't last long, at all.. :(

speedminded
07-03-2009, 06:10 PM
Good luck with the brakes...that was the biggest hassle for me. We ordered the brakes and then they left out some parts because Porsche had "updated their equiptment" as they put it, so, it made this horrrible thumping noise whenever you'd step on the brakes. We had to pay extra to get the parts that they forgot which made it much more expensive than it should've been.oh tell me more! Did you replace or rebuild the calipers? The caliper rebuild kit is like $12 from the dealer. (I had your rears on the front of my Integra). If you replaced them, where are the old ones? I'm looking for another pair to build a kit for my BMW...

Where did you get it done? This is the second time I do them.. I drive VERY VERY hard, ALL the time.. I am an idiot, I know, that's not the point.. The point is, pads don't last long, at all.. :(Get better pads :tongue:

Frög
07-03-2009, 06:19 PM
Get better pads :tongue:

See I want to go aftermarket but I went with OEM because I kind of like the sensor telling me when my brakes are worn out.. You can't add that sensor on the aftermarket ones..

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopcart/996J/POR_996J_BRKpad_pg1.htm

Also, the aftermarket often make noise.. I can't do that..

EM1toEVO
07-03-2009, 07:09 PM
I hate noisy pads too, but that is par for the course with aftermarket pads. I went with Hawk HPS for my Evo, and they are rather noisy when warmed up.

speedminded
07-03-2009, 07:52 PM
See I want to go aftermarket but I went with OEM because I kind of like the sensor telling me when my brakes are worn out.. You can't add that sensor on the aftermarket ones..

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/shopcart/996J/POR_996J_BRKpad_pg1.htm

Also, the aftermarket often make noise.. I can't do that..Forget the wear sensor ya pansy :taun: I'm sure most aftermarket pads have some sort of wear indicator but considering the ease of changing pads, literally 15 minutes start to finish inclding drinking a beer and taking a leak, it's not a big deal.

If you want less noise get ceramic.

roxie911
07-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Frög: Uhm, I got mine done at Allspeed...local shop. They specialilze mostly in exotic cars and whatnot (they have some pretty nice Porsches for sale too). And it shouldn't matter how hard you drive it anyway. That's what the brakes are made for. A Porsche is a sports car...they're made for hard braking and quick response. You just need better brake pads.

speedminded: I replaced them. Call me crazy or obsessed, but if you're gonna put Porsche on a BMW, then you're disrespecting my car. Sorry :\ lol just go by a local shop or something....they should have what you're looking for :)

speedminded
07-03-2009, 11:56 PM
Frög: Uhm, I got mine done at Allspeed...local shop. They specialilze mostly in exotic cars and whatnot (they have some pretty nice Porsches for sale too). And it shouldn't matter how hard you drive it anyway. That's what the brakes are made for. A Porsche is a sports car...they're made for hard breaking and quick response. You just need better brake pads.

speedminded: I replaced them. Call me crazy or obsessed, but if you're gonna put Porsche on a BMW, then you're disrespecting my car. Sorry :\ lol just go by a local shop or something....they should have what you're looking for :)ohh, I'm sorry you're wanna those pricks huh! It's funny how the owner of a 650whp 996 GT2 was really impressed with them and their perfomance on my Integra in the mountains ;)

My BMW will have the power to weight ratio of an F40 and the performance of the Ruf CTR Yellowbird when I'm done with it, Mr. Ferdinand would appreciate my ingenuity...especially using their parts. I don't discriminate, I just use what I find to be the best. :doh:

roxie911
07-04-2009, 12:03 AM
ohh, I'm sorry you're wanna those pricks huh! It's funny how the owner of a 650whp 996 GT2 was really impressed with them and their perfomance on my Integra in the mountains ;)

My BMW will have the power to weight ratio of an F40 and the performance of the Ruf CTR Yellowbird when I'm done with it, Mr. Ferdinand would appreciate my ingenuity...especially using their parts. I don't discriminate, I just use what I find to be the best. :doh:

lol I was kidding. Quite honestly, I don't care what parts you use. Whatever makes your car perform better, by all means, USE IT!! I would do the same. There was no offense intended...I promise :D

speedminded
07-04-2009, 12:06 AM
lol I was kidding. Quite honestly, I don't care what parts you use. Whatever makes your car perform better, by all means, USE IT!! I would do the same. There was no offense intended...I promise :DSoooo do ya still have the calipers?! :D

Catnip
07-04-2009, 12:08 AM
I'm still waiting on porsche brakes for my miata, Sir.

roxie911
07-04-2009, 12:08 AM
Soooo do ya still have the calipers?! :D

No, sorry :( If you live anywhere near Peachtree City or Fayetteville you can check out Allspeed or G.E.A.R.S. They'll definitely have what you want.

speedminded
07-04-2009, 12:15 AM
No, sorry :( If you live anywhere near Peachtree City or Fayetteville you can check out Allspeed or G.E.A.R.S. They'll definitely have what you want.I know the owner of a Porsche junkyard, I can get them there but trying to find a better deal then the few hundred I can get hem for. I'll work him in some ad space if I have to!

roxie911
07-04-2009, 12:16 AM
I know the owner of a Porsche junkyard, I can get them there but trying to find a better deal then the few hundred I can get hem for. I'll work him in some ad space if I have to!

Whatever works. Good Luck :)

speedminded
07-04-2009, 12:18 AM
I'm still waiting on porsche brakes for my miata, Sir.I need a hub and spindle please :goodjob:

Slow Motion
07-04-2009, 01:29 AM
The way the pictures were taken is what makes the car look interesting. What tunnel is that, where is it? I like the last one.