PDA

View Full Version : Car jerks a little when i step on the gas

TonyRSX
07-02-2009, 07:15 PM
I have an 04 RSX...when i step on the gas in first or second gear the car jerks forward and makes a loud THUMP sound...hard to explain really but ive been told that its probably my motor mounts and that i need new ones...just wanted to ask you guys on here that might have an idea of what it may be or if you guys can confirm that i actually do need new motor mounts...

Also, if it is the motor mounts, I'm not sure of what to purchase. I looked on ebay and there are motor mounts that go for a few hundred but then there are motor mount INSERTS that go for like 30 dollars...

any help is appreciated...thanks :goodjob:

cookiemonstr
07-02-2009, 07:29 PM
that sounds like motor mounts. all of them probably arent bad. i would see how much oem ones are too.

Scotsman
07-02-2009, 09:02 PM
it sounds like mounts to me , my prelude is doin the same thing , i got under the hood and pressed the gas and saw that the front mount is done , have someone sit in the car and tap the gas a few times and you should be able to tell whether it is the ffront/back or the sides by which way the motor moves , hope this helps

SiRed94
07-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Yeah try putting the car in first and holding the brake at the same time and giving it gas while you or someone looks at the engine. Do the same thing in reverse. The engine may not flex much just by dry revving. It will help you pinpoint which mount. But you can pretty much look at the mount and tell which one is busted.

TonyRSX
07-02-2009, 10:22 PM
thanks a lot guys...so will just buying the motor mount inserts fix the problem? or is that something different? cuz motor mounts and motor mount inserts are a few hundred dollars difference...