PDA

View Full Version : Chix machine shop

guapo187
07-02-2009, 02:16 PM
Anybody ever used Chix Auto Machine in Marietta? I need some head work done and they are the cheapest I've found so far that is close to my house. I just can't find any reviews or anyone who has used them before.

STRteg
07-02-2009, 06:21 PM
lol well first off welcome to IA and secondly no i do not know

Init2winit
07-02-2009, 07:49 PM
Cheap isn't always good. What kind of "head work" are you wanting to get done?

guapo187
07-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the welcome. lol..."head work" I didn't think about how that sounds when first wrote it. Anyways, I have a few bent valves that need to be replaced. I suppose while they're at it(whoever does the work), they will make sure everything else is up to par.

According to their website, Chix has been in business for 40 years. So I'm guessing they know what they are doing, but I was hoping someone here could chime in and lend their :2cents:.

guapo187
07-03-2009, 07:45 PM
anybody???

Big Baller
07-03-2009, 11:31 PM
If its the one over off South Cobb, just walk into that place and tell me you would use it. Its dirty and nasty.

jpitts
07-04-2009, 12:56 AM
I've had work done there before. Won't do it again. I took my head first to be rebuilt, good price and good turn around. I then took my short block components to be hot tanked, magnafluxed, and inspected. What was supposed to take a week ended up taking a month, all without me being provided with updates (I only got updates because I called them). When i got my block back (it had to be bored .20 over), there was a horizontal gouge in the top of the #3 cylinder. When i brought it to the their attention, they told me that was normal and part of the boring process. Granted, the motor is running fine (still working out a few gremlins non related to this), but from a quality and service standpoint, I'd go elsewhere.

There's another shop over on Powder Springs road called Associate Fuel Systems. If they're still open, I would suggest checking them out. They were very knowledgeable and willing to take the time to answer your questions.

guapo187
07-04-2009, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the replies! So Chix is out. I'll try to check out Associate Fuel Systems, but I guess Goza, over in acworth, is about my only other option.