PDA

View Full Version : I tink I has rabbit fever :-/

speedminded
07-02-2009, 02:08 AM
A week and a half ago a tick had an "all you can eat buffet" on my leg. The bite is worse than it was a week ago and i've been feeling kinda weird...maybe it's sleep deprivation, maybe it's eating habits, maybe it's 18 hours of IA lol. I don't want fever of the rabbit aka Tularemia :doh:

nismo_92
07-02-2009, 02:09 AM
:ninja:YOUR GOING 2 DIE

TheGodfather
07-02-2009, 02:09 AM
A week and a half ago a tick had an "all you can eat buffet" on my leg. The bite is worse than it was a week ago and i've been feeling kinda weird...maybe it's sleep deprivation, maybe it's eating habits, maybe it's 18 hours of IA lol. I don't want fever of the rabbit aka Tularemia :doh:

Careful that it isn't lyme disease.

What symptoms do you have? There has to be a specific test for lyme though.

speedminded
07-02-2009, 02:23 AM
Careful that it isn't lyme disease.

What symptoms do you have? There has to be a specific test for lyme though.Lyme disease is from a deer tick, the tiny one. This one was a regular american dog tick I think. I should have saved it in a vial, I know better than that too but it was a medium sized hard one and didn't appear to get much too eat so i didn't. Guess it doesn't hurt to be safe and have it treated lol!

I have a child hood friend in a wheel chair from that Lyme Disease, nearly 2 years of testing and they finally figured out what it was but by then paraplegia had long set in.

TheGodfather
07-02-2009, 02:28 AM
Lyme disease is from a deer tick, the tiny one. This one was a regular american dog tick I think. I should have saved it in a vial, I know better than that too but it was a medium sized hard one and didn't appear to get much too eat so i didn't. Guess it doesn't hurt to be safe and have it treated lol!

I have a child hood friend in a wheel chair from that Lyme Disease, nearly 2 years of testing and they finally figured out what it was but by then paraplegia had long set in.

Yeah lyme disease is a bitch, that's why ticks are dangerous. When I used to go camping when I was little my dad used to tell me to make sure I wore full clothing in the woods.

The disease is terribly hard to diagnose, and mostly misdiagnosed for months, as in your friends case, years until it is discovered.

Good thing you know what the difference in the ticks were, I would have no idea and just be paranoid.

Sport1.3
07-02-2009, 03:57 AM
Tick AIDS i'll bet

speedminded
07-02-2009, 04:01 AM
Tick AIDS i'll betoh yeah, definitely the TAIDs. I feel it coming on strong.

Z0_o6
07-02-2009, 04:02 AM
LMAO @ "TAIDS"

Sport1.3
07-02-2009, 04:24 AM
oh yeah, definitely the TAIDs. I feel it coming on strong.

Be sure to write me in your Will :cheers:

(e30 parts welcome)

speedminded
07-02-2009, 04:39 AM
Be sure to write me in your Will :cheers:

(e30 parts welcome)lol! You need to bring it by sometime. You can help me get mine running and learn how to do a 24v swap at the same time :D

Sport1.3
07-02-2009, 04:51 AM
lol! You need to bring it by sometime. You can help me get mine running and learn how to do a 24v swap at the same time :D

Mine needs a top, i'm scared to park it anywhere there isnt a garage in case it rains lol

On a side note, mine currently idles like butthole. The rev's are fine, but it seems to miss and or run pretty rich at idle. I've changed the cap, rotor, wires and plugs (all new OEM) and it still does it. :screwy: I'm thinking either the green coolant temp sensor, O2 sensor or possibly a bad injector....though at anything past half throttle the car sings without fault.

we should just 24v swap mine and you can ride in it :D

Sport1.3
07-02-2009, 04:53 AM
i dun wannah swap injectors....they look like bitchez

TheGodfather
07-02-2009, 05:01 AM
Mine needs a top, i'm scared to park it anywhere there isnt a garage in case it rains lol

On a side note, mine currently idles like butthole. The rev's are fine, but it seems to miss and or run pretty rich at idle. I've changed the cap, rotor, wires and plugs (all new OEM) and it still does it. :screwy: I'm thinking either the green coolant temp sensor, O2 sensor or possibly a bad injector....though at anything past half throttle the car sings without fault.

we should just 24v swap mine and you can ride in it :D

Sounds like a sensor or bad injector. What kind of car is it?

I had a similar issue with my Lexus a while back and had a bad injector.

Sport1.3
07-02-2009, 05:03 AM
91 BMW 325

speedminded
07-02-2009, 05:04 AM

we should just 24v swap mine and you can ride in it :DI have two complete swaps ;)

TheGodfather
07-02-2009, 05:05 AM
91 BMW 325

Ah, Euro is out of my element.

Good luck man, hope it works out to not be the injector since they are a bitch.

Sport1.3
07-02-2009, 05:07 AM
I have two complete swaps ;)

Share the wealth bro. extra set of e28 mounts, spliced harness and conv. kit for the tranny as well?

Sport1.3
07-02-2009, 05:09 AM
Ah, Euro is out of my element.

Good luck man, hope it works out to not be the injector since they are a bitch.

An engine is an engine, they all work the same. fuel, air, spark....it's obviously getting too much fuel

On the plus side, it sounds like it has a Wicked Cam in it :eek:

TheGodfather
07-02-2009, 05:13 AM
An engine is an engine, they all work the same. fuel, air, spark....it's obviously getting too much fuel

On the plus side, it sounds like it has a Wicked Cam in it :eek:

Yeah, I'm just so used to Honda/Toyota engines I know some German cars have issues alone.

I agree on the too much fuel, but hopefully you can pinpoint it.

speedminded
07-02-2009, 05:13 AM
Share the wealth bro. extra set of e28 mounts, spliced harness and conv. kit for the tranny as well?I have two (2) OBD1 conversions and the mounts are $40. I do need an e36 radiator though so I don't have to use an external reservoir.

speedminded
07-02-2009, 05:16 AM
Yeah, I'm just so used to Honda/Toyota engines I know some German cars have issues alone.

I agree on the too much fuel, but hopefully you can pinpoint it.The only issues are generally lack of maintenance.

The Ren
07-02-2009, 08:24 AM
Jason.. real talk you should get checked for lyme.

BKgen®
07-02-2009, 08:37 AM
lol... "TAIDS" :gay:. As if having AIDS didn't sound homo enough :lmfao:

WTF?
07-02-2009, 08:53 AM
i had one on my back the other week luckly i caught it before it was to late hopefully yours isnt bad either

Tracy
07-02-2009, 09:03 AM
oh and in this context it's haz not has. Just sayin'.

BKgen®
07-02-2009, 09:06 AM
oh and in this context it's haz not has. Just sayin'.

quoted fo interwebz troof

Catnip
07-02-2009, 09:10 AM
oh yeah, definitely the TAIDs. I feel it coming on strong.

Better than GAIDS :lmao:

NVEOUS
07-02-2009, 09:11 AM
I had a small tick on my leg a few weeks ago. It still itches from time to time but I feel fine. Its almost completely gone now. I think if i stop messing with it all the time it will go away. lol But yea man i would get it checked out since your feeling sick and all.

Sport1.3
07-02-2009, 10:28 PM
I have two (2) OBD1 conversions and the mounts are $40. I do need an e36 radiator though so I don't have to use an external reservoir.

we should practice on my car just so we make sure we get it right on yours lol