PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods super charger belt help

T34me
07-01-2009, 11:48 PM
ok, im at the end of my rope here. Short and sweet: m45 JRSC on B18b. WITH STOCK BELT and STOCK 3.2 BLOWER PULLEY tensioner was MAXED out and was still kind of loose. STOCK JR belt is 590mm, about 11in. Now, i have had a blower pulley machined to 3.0, STOCK BELT WILL NOT WORK. Must have somthing around 570mm, CANNOT find anything. Here is where i have looked:
Auto Zone
Advanced Auto
Orileys
Summit Racing
Jegs
Gates
Jackson Racing

I know im not the only one to have fucked with pulley diameter on a charger, where are you guys getting belts from, please help!!!

NevrNufTorq
07-02-2009, 12:04 AM
most guys change the pulley size on another pulley to compensate, some relocate things like alternator on a custom type bracket and still others have custom tensioners. any good performance shop should be able to help you out if you cant do it. mainstream, turbodave, topspeed, batlground, etc :2cents:

Batlground
07-10-2009, 12:24 PM
ok, im at the end of my rope here. Short and sweet: m45 JRSC on B18b. WITH STOCK BELT and STOCK 3.2 BLOWER PULLEY tensioner was MAXED out and was still kind of loose. STOCK JR belt is 590mm, about 11in. Now, i have had a blower pulley machined to 3.0, STOCK BELT WILL NOT WORK. Must have somthing around 570mm, CANNOT find anything. Here is where i have looked:
Auto Zone
Advanced Auto
Orileys
Summit Racing
Jegs
Gates
Jackson Racing

I know im not the only one to have fucked with pulley diameter on a charger, where are you guys getting belts from, please help!!!

We get belts from the stores that you have listed. I am not sure why you cant find a belt. Maybee you should call the belt manufacturers directly and make sure that they make one in the size you are looking for. Then ask them who they sold them to recently.

01CDMLUDER
07-20-2009, 03:45 PM
U should try using a gatorback belt. I have a jrsc and the belt from jr sucks.

T34me
08-02-2009, 11:18 PM
what is stock number for belt around 570mm?? i have tried gatorback and they said they dont have anything that short

U should try using a gatorback belt. I have a jrsc and the belt from jr sucks.