PDA

View Full Version : 96 integra door locks

lanning
06-30-2009, 05:47 PM
so i got this integra a few weeks ago, sometimes when you go to unlock it from the drivers side it wont unlock. it feels like it is turning it just wont unlock. when this happens if you go to the passenger side it will unlock for a second and lock back. i can get in on the passenger side and climb over but it still wont let me unlock the drivers side from the inside. i have to have somebody pop the handle on the driver side while im pressing the switch to unlock from the passenger side. i would really appreciate any help or advice. i dont think anything is broken bc it works more times than it doesnt work. thanks

lanning
06-30-2009, 06:48 PM
up

lanning
07-01-2009, 03:29 PM
help

99jdmLs
07-01-2009, 09:16 PM
there is a spring in one of the handles of the door. its prob the drivers door. . . when it comes off or is broken, sometimes it causes it to do that. when you lock the drivers door, it will lock the unlock both doors.
the problem you have now is the begining phase i guess you could say, its what happen to my teg. after it becomes hard, it will break. then once you get it locked, you can not open it. you have to dismantle the handle and find the broken spring, then put it back together. it is not easy or fun.....

i would take it to a shop, and get them to fix it. OR pay 50-75 bucks for a new door with a key and just have two keys for your teg.

lanning
07-13-2009, 07:35 PM
thank you, it only does it ever couple of days