PDA

View Full Version : Misc PSA: Circuit City back in business...

neverenough
06-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Online only though.

I've always preffered Circuit City to Best Buy and the other big box stores, figured some others might have also.

Right now they have amazing pricing on basically everything. It's not just a continuation of their liquidation. They are actually back in business... well.... kind of. They were bought out by an independent investor who now owns the rights to the name and business model and said investor is running with it.

I've made several purchases already and am very pleased, so thought I'd share.

Brett
06-30-2009, 04:10 PM
Yeah its been up for a while now, Thats not new. Best Buy always had better prices thats why they are still around and Circuit City isnt, and I dont see this new Circuit City lasting long. Not many people want to buy strictly online.

Maki
06-30-2009, 04:57 PM
Ebay owns Circuit City....

blacknightteg
06-30-2009, 05:01 PM
yeah its been known that circuit city got bought out by some telecommunications firm or something. Im not biased to best buy cause i work there cause i have worked for both companies before. but with out circuit city actually having a a store front. i doubt they will pull in big business. they are known for their stores, not their online website. not many people like them or will trust them again either. i have had many customers come into my store complaining about how they bought extended plans on the items they purchases not more then a year ago and now there gone. it will be a LONG while before they are back up to snuff of where they were about 5 too 10 years ago before best buy rapped em in the but.

neverenough
07-01-2009, 03:55 PM
Ebay owns Circuit City....

eBay owns EVERYthing.

drpepper14
07-01-2009, 07:04 PM
It is the same company that owns tigerdirect.com and another computer parts website........trust me, compare the price you find on circuitcity.com to the same product on tigerdirect

It is the same company, same warehouse, different website. They are banking on people following the name of circuit city and not looking into the fact that they sell the same products for a lower price on another website

(Former Circuit City Employee here)

drpepper14
07-01-2009, 07:06 PM
and btw

This is NOT a circuit city comeback. The company was NOT bought out by someone else, only the "rights to the website and use of the circuit city name on the website" as well as the rights to their customer database. Tigerdirect only payed about $4million + 50% of sales for the first year or two and doesn't own the rights to the brand in any way shape or form. It is a definite that circuit city is BANKRUPT and CLOSED, it has been stated that this will stay online only. They will never again be a consumer electronics competitor, and def will not get close to best buy again

Also, if someone has an extended warranty from circuit city, it is not gone. A 3rd party company handles the claims and your warranty is still valid.