PDA

View Full Version : Starter and alternator

Matt300ZXT
06-30-2009, 10:32 AM
This is the starter and alternator off the 85 Fox body Mustang I had. Was bolted onto a 302. I have no clue if the alternator works, but it did come off a car that was a running car until I tore it apart to put a new throwout bearing in it. Anywho, I did see the starter start the car when I went to go look at it before I picked it up.

I'm selling these parts as is, but I did see the car start with the starter on it, and I've heard a bad starter and know what one sounds like when it's going out (had to change out one on my 305 S10). Anywho, just to get these things gone, I'll take $25 for both pieces together, plus shipping of course.

keva52
07-03-2009, 10:39 PM
what about just the starter?

Matt300ZXT
07-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Oops my bad didnt know you had posted on this. Other forums send emials when threads have been replied to. I would sell just the starter, but it's still $20. I was just pretty much throwing in the altrenator to go along with the starter since I was unsure of it's condition.

If you want the starter, the alt comes with it. Might work, or could use as a core. Shipping might be a little high but I don't know what new starters cost for Mustangs.