PDA

View Full Version : Small accident...how much should I ask???

kpc2593
06-29-2009, 11:03 AM
I was turning left into walgreens and the other driver was coming out turning left but he did not stop and kept going and hit the back of my TL.

He is at fault and his insurance already issued me a damage check but I want to ask yall if its possible to ask more for my medical part of the settlement. They offered me 100 bucks, but should I ask a little more?? Note, I did not sign my release yet.

Keep in mind that the accident is very small and minor. My rear bumper needs to be replaced though. I did mention that I did have some pain in my back.

GorillaZoe
06-29-2009, 11:05 AM
If I was you, I'd ask for alittle more, maybe like $200. I wouldn't go for a settlement, takes forever and it takes alot of your time, going to the doctor etc, and at the end you won't end up with much..

Corolla_TC
06-29-2009, 11:12 AM
the funny thing about neck and back pain, its really really hard to disprove

kpc2593
06-29-2009, 11:17 AM
Sorry about my wording. I am dealing with the other driver's insurance directly. There is no settlement with a lawyer or attorney. They have already sent me my damages check and now they have faxed me a release for my medical check in the amount of 100 dollars. I talked to my dad and first thing he told me was to ask for more.

I was thinking 200 bucks like Gorilla mentioned. Once again, the accident is small and minor and I don't want for the insurance company to get curious.

Kevykev
06-29-2009, 11:27 AM
$100-$200 is this a joke?

If you're truly hurt and $200 is not suffice.

If you just want some spending money, that's a different case.

Starting to sound kinda fraud-like man

kpc2593
06-29-2009, 11:40 AM
Should I just run with the 100 they offered me?

Brett
06-29-2009, 02:08 PM
Are you really in alot of pain from such a minor as you said accident or are you just looking for a extra couple hundred?

Corolla_TC
06-29-2009, 02:12 PM
Should I just run with the 100 they offered me?

its a tough call. if you are hurt, a $100 isn't going to do anything for you but if you ask for more, they may want to argue it. the only problem is, if you really are hurt, you are screwed once you sign that waiver

HeLLo iM iZzY
06-29-2009, 02:58 PM
PM sent.

neverenough
06-29-2009, 04:16 PM
People like you are the reason that insurance is so fucking expensive. You're not in pain, so quit bitching and take the $100

kpc2593
06-29-2009, 06:08 PM
People like you are the reason that insurance is so fucking expensive. You're not in pain, so quit bitching and take the $100

Nope...correction buddy...idiots that think they are cool by racing and killing themselves raise insurance premiums...drunk drivers too :yes:

What I find that is bullshit is that my premium went up 90 bucks right after I reported it to my insurance...and the accident wasn't even my fault. :2up:

Doppelgänger
06-29-2009, 06:24 PM
Nope...correction buddy...idiots that think they are cool by racing and killing themselves raise insurance premiums...drunk drivers too :yes:

What I find that is bullshit is that my premium went up 90 bucks right after I reported it to my insurance...and the accident wasn't even my fault. :2up:

And illegal webacks, and people talking on their phones and people playing with their GPS, and people listening to music too loud and people not paying attention and people going to slow and people not having .......... do I need to list more? I'd be willing to bet that "street racing" and deaths from street racing are only a small fraction of claims compared to DUI, illegal drivers/drivers with no insurace and people talking on their phones.

Why the hell would you even call your insurance company when someone else was at-fault?

kpc2593
06-29-2009, 06:37 PM
And illegal webacks, and people talking on their phones and people playing with their GPS, and people listening to music too loud and people not paying attention and people going to slow and people not having .......... do I need to list more? I'd be willing to bet that "street racing" and deaths from street racing are only a small fraction of claims compared to DUI, illegal drivers/drivers with no insurace and people talking on their phones.

Why the hell would you even call your insurance company when someone else was at-fault?

Yup...what doppelganger said..... :goodjob:

Yea, I have no idea why I called my insurance...didn't know what I was thinking. Oh well.....

smoknlegend
06-29-2009, 06:56 PM
Just outta curiosity, are you 18? If not, i believe the insurance is liable up until you are 18 if you have any problems related to this accident. Also no matter how minor the accident, dont discount pain. Sometimes those little minor things could have twisted something just the right way. If you truly are feeling pain, go to the doctor, otherwise if its "psuedopain" take the $100.

neverenough
06-29-2009, 07:14 PM

You are taking money that you do not need/deserve from an insurance company. It's called fraud and is the NUMBER ONE reason insurance premiums have skyrocketed over the last 20 years. Do some research.

Obviously your few hundred or so isn't going to crinkle the nose of an insurance company but you're contributing... and it's ridiculous.

And your insurance company SUCKS if they raised YOUR premium... either that or your not telling the whole story...

Either way, if you are not hurt, you shouldn't be taking ANY money from the other party's insurance company. PERIOD.

Kourt
06-29-2009, 07:34 PM
If you don't know how much money you need it's either a hell of alot more than $200 or none.

neverenough
06-29-2009, 07:47 PM
If you don't know how much money you need it's either a hell of alot more than $200 or NONE.

^yep

choiiiiiiiii
06-29-2009, 10:58 PM
take it. i'm suprised the insurance company is even offering you some money. i'm trying to settle with the other guy's insurance as well, and it has been hell.

.blank cd
06-29-2009, 11:05 PM
I'll tell you from personal experience, unless you take your ass to the hospital, a physical therapist, and a chiropractor, be lucky they're offering you anything. I got hit by a car and I hardly got much of anything. Take the hundred bucks and run

Z0_o6
06-29-2009, 11:30 PM
Ask for 100,000 in small unmarked bills and don't settle for a penny less.

Seriously though, you are just sore after a wreck, it happens. If they offered you $100 without any trouble just take it and go on about your life, don't come ask us how to defraud them out of more. Stop being greedy, you said it yourself it was a very minor accident. Stop driving my insurance up by scamming for more money cause you got a little boo-boo.

all_american_gurl09
06-30-2009, 12:59 AM
honestly i have to say even the slightest hit can cause damage for life and i dont think that it is fair that they only want to give you a $100 bucks... if you went to the doctor and have noted that you are having problems then they should grant you more money.... mainly when your not the one that is at fault!

Arm&hammer
06-30-2009, 02:24 AM
take the money, fix your car and go on with your life.