PDA

View Full Version : Need A Answer Hopefully u have it.

ArK
06-28-2009, 09:42 PM
well i think iam getting an automatic civic ex 2000 and i was wondering if its alot of trouble to convert it into a 5 speed and has anybody done this

please help =D

TSiFTW
06-28-2009, 09:49 PM
It is a lot of trouble. But it can be done.:goodjob: If thats what you want to do then go for it. Only thing is it isn't a job for backyard mechanic with limited tools. You have to cut holes for the pedals, plumb the clutch master/slave cylinder, mount the clutch master/slave cylinder, install the the new tranny, clutch, flywheel etc. I'm sure somewhere on the webz you can find a nice writeup on it. Never done it on a Honda but have done several times on diff cars and trucks. Hope this helps a little.

ArK
06-28-2009, 09:50 PM
fak that =/ lol thnx for the answer tho
+reps

TSiFTW
06-28-2009, 09:56 PM
No prob.:goodjob:

sirkus
06-28-2009, 10:48 PM
I'd call some local shops and get quotes. Can't be crazy money. If that's what you wanna do. Could even look into a swap. :)

Barefoot
06-28-2009, 10:50 PM
It is a lot of trouble. But it can be done.:goodjob: If thats what you want to do then go for it. Only thing is it isn't a job for backyard mechanic with limited tools. You have to cut holes for the pedals, plumb the clutch master/slave cylinder, mount the clutch master/slave cylinder, install the the new tranny, clutch, flywheel etc. I'm sure somewhere on the webz you can find a nice writeup on it. Never done it on a Honda but have done several times on diff cars and trucks. Hope this helps a little.noobs giving noobs info.

ok its not hard at all. the hardest part for me is installing the pedals. i have fat fingers so its alil of a bitch but can be done with a craftsman set of tools. everything is already there. get from another civic tranny, master and slave cylinder, clutch kit (new), flywheel (new), mount, pedal, ecu, lines, linkage, axles, mid shaft, and shifter.

here is a write up its for a da but it will get u in the right direction.
http://hondaswap.com/swap-articles/auto-manual-conversion-27054/

NevrNufTorq
06-29-2009, 12:00 AM
^^^agree not hard if you have the right tools :goodjob: but if i were you i would call mainstream(site sponsor) and talk it out with charles, james, or rob and decide which is the right path for you :2cents:

j0nbunklah0m
06-29-2009, 12:06 AM
jus buy a manual car lol.

ArK
06-29-2009, 12:42 AM
so true j0n lol

TSiFTW
06-29-2009, 09:32 AM
noobs giving noobs info.

ok its not hard at all. the hardest part for me is installing the pedals. i have fat fingers so its alil of a bitch but can be done with a craftsman set of tools. everything is already there. get from another civic tranny, master and slave cylinder, clutch kit (new), flywheel (new), mount, pedal, ecu, lines, linkage, axles, mid shaft, and shifter.

here is a write up its for a da but it will get u in the right direction.
http://hondaswap.com/swap-articles/auto-manual-conversion-27054/

FUCK YOU!! NOOB. NOOB to this site maybe yeah. Been doing this shit since you were a KID prob. STFU. Nothing I told him was a lie. I have swapped many cars and trucks. You neg rep me for giving him accurate info. It is not a job for a inexperienced mechanic with limited tools. I was simply implying he may want too get some help. I told him if that is what he wants to do then go for it. IMO just buy a manual to start. I even told him to look for a write up as you did. Why was my info bad. Dumbass!!

Barefoot
06-29-2009, 11:16 AM
FUCK YOU!! NOOB. NOOB to this site maybe yeah. Been doing this shit since you were a KID prob. STFU. Nothing I told him was a lie. I have swapped many cars and trucks. You neg rep me for giving him accurate info. It is not a job for a inexperienced mechanic with limited tools. I was simply implying he may want too get some help. I told him if that is what he wants to do then go for it. IMO just buy a manual to start. I even told him to look for a write up as you did. Why was my info bad. Dumbass!!lol:taun:

VickNotic
06-29-2009, 07:46 PM
TSiFTW fyi barefoot is king of the GeneralTech forum, but I'm not sure.. I think it's between Tech5 and Barefoot :D

Barefoot
06-29-2009, 08:35 PM
TSiFTW fyi barefoot is king of the GeneralTech forum, but I'm not sure.. I think it's between Tech5 and Barefoot :Deven i pay respects to josh.

TSiFTW
06-29-2009, 09:21 PM
TSiFTW fyi barefoot is king of the GeneralTech forum, but I'm not sure.. I think it's between Tech5 and Barefoot :D

Ok, ok. maybe I went overboard. Not saying he don't know his shit. But I know mine also and I did not tell him anything he does not have to do to do a manual swap. Anyways it is just the internet and all is forgotten:cheers:. Just wanted to make it clear time on a forum does not make someone a noob it the car biz. I been in it for nearly 16 years. Yeah I'm gettin' old.