PDA

View Full Version : A/C on a CRX w/ B series swap

Tensa_Zanget
06-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Hey I am planning to put A/c on my crx with a b20b swap because of the extremely HOT weather in GA. When i bought the car, which came with a d series, the AC didnt blow cold air so i believe there is a leak somewhere. So if anyone that has plenty of knowledge or is a car a/c technician that can help me I will greatly appreciate it!

green91
06-28-2009, 01:42 PM
You will need to fully assemble your a/c system then have it charged. Then if the system has a leak...

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240782

There's not any real good way to find a slow leak without charging the system.

Barefoot
06-28-2009, 01:45 PM
pretty much

Tensa_Zanget
06-28-2009, 02:05 PM
man that sounds too pricey!

Barefoot
06-28-2009, 02:06 PM
man that sounds too pricey!got to pay to play. to do ac right it aint cheap at all.

Tensa_Zanget
06-28-2009, 02:24 PM
What if i just get the piping,condenser, and etc from other crx that had a/c will that solve the issue? sorry i am a noob when comes to a/c relating issues.

Barefoot
06-28-2009, 02:39 PM
What if i just get the piping,condenser, and etc from other crx that had a/c will that solve the issue? sorry i am a noob when comes to a/c relating issues.lol your talkin in theory. theres no way to know if u dont even know what the problem is. an still end up with a issue. u are setting your self up for the most work time route when with a simple 30 minute service u can pin point the issue.

u need to get everything installed if its not already. have it vac, charged, and leak detected before anybody can do or say anything else to help u.

tegspeed813
07-02-2009, 09:16 AM
just hook it all up, charge it, see how cold and for how long it blows. then try and diagnose the issue from there...

ZenMotors
07-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Hey I am planning to put A/c on my crx with a b20b swap because of the extremely HOT weather in GA. When i bought the car, which came with a d series, the AC didnt blow cold air so i believe there is a leak somewhere. So if anyone that has plenty of knowledge or is a car a/c technician that can help me I will greatly appreciate it!

If you need a shop to help you with this please let me know. We have Vuong here ready to handle the task.

Take care!