PDA

View Full Version : Outdoors so i went to the shooting range and........

SpooL'DGsR
06-28-2009, 12:12 PM
was told i was not allowed to shoot there due to me bringing my shotgun??? the guy then explained that at this current shooting range the have a ban on shotgun use in the range. i was like wtf :thinking: ?? anyone else been turned away at the shooting range for the type of weapon they brought there??

Truegiant
06-28-2009, 01:22 PM
most ranges dont allow shotguns because of the amount of debris that is left from the targets, wading, etc.

Also alot of ranges that have mechanical pulley systems tend to get shot up bad depending on the type of ammo being used. most of the time they will have a specific type of shot requirement you can use in your shotgun.

DamnDisLaOsBoY
06-29-2009, 01:27 PM
fyi. I have brought a mossberg 12ga to the one down in hapeville before. i dont know if thats the one ur talking about. But yeh I brought it and shot it there before and they put me in on the pistol side since it was a pistol grip.

SpooL'DGsR
06-29-2009, 01:40 PM
^^^ yea i got a mossberg 12ga (pistol grip) as well. i went to the one fayetteville though. which one are you talking bout???

ttman
06-29-2009, 06:07 PM
the ranges I've been to will allow shotguns if u use slugs or buckshot. no birdshot (<--can damage pulley system). if u want tp use birdshot, u need to goto 1 of the outdoor clay ranges.

SiRed94
06-29-2009, 10:50 PM
The one in Forest Park, GA Range and Guns will let you shoot it. They just make you shoot slugs or buckshot, no birdshot. They say that the birdshot ricochets and comes back at the shooter in their range. They make you shoot in the rifle range though, which costs more.

DaX
06-30-2009, 07:01 AM
The one in Forest Park, GA Range and Guns will let you shoot it. They just make you shoot slugs or buckshot, no birdshot. They say that the birdshot ricochets and comes back at the shooter in their range. They make you shoot in the rifle range though, which costs more.

I have been hit by ricochet birdshot before from about 25 feet from the point of ricochet. It did not penetrate skin, but was pretty painful and left red marks on the exposed skin. It was definitely a rude awakening and not what I was expecting. :) This did not happen at an indoor range though. Just don't shoot at a plastic raft paddle - whatever they make it out of is very ricochet prone.