PDA

View Full Version : A clean car from a serious seller $6k

Louie_EM1
06-28-2009, 10:45 AM
WTB: A clean car from a serious seller. Please read the situation carefully:

For the past year I’ve been living in Europe and now I’m coming back to the states (North Atlanta) to visit my parents. I will be there starting July 19th for about 2 weeks at which time I’d like to buy a clean car to haul most of my belongings to my future apt in NYC. I am looking for a mature, honest, and serious seller; you know if you are one. I have to do most of the communicating via online before we actually meet and I would hate to find out the car is not exactly as described, so no time-wasters. If you’re not 100% serious don’t contact me; I literally don’t have the time for BSers. I am very clear and upfront and you should be too. If after discussing business I do tell you that I’ll buy it, I want you to hold it without a deposit. This sounds unfair but remember I have less than 2 weeks to buy a car, which is more time than you have to sell it – so if I say I’ll buy it it’s as good as sold; unless of course I find out you’re BSing me, in which case you shouldn’t be contacting me first of all. I am not trying to sound like a jerk, I’m just trying to weed out the terrible sellers so that the real sellers can deal with someone with cash, no drama, and will definitely be buying a car before the end of month. Since the car has to be driven to NY, needless to say I want it in pristine mechanical condition, no exceptions. That means I won’t accept even a minor CEL or a squeak. If it’s so minor in the first place, you, as the owner that I expect to be, should have taken care of it.

Since I don’t have anything specific in mind other than what’s listed below, my tentative price range is between 3-6k cash. I am pretty open to various makes/models/colors as long as it’s clean and runs well. Ideally I would like a simple low-mileage Integra. But I am open to cars with power as long as they have been well built and taken care of i.e. tuned with no shortcuts. I am not sure if I’m getting back into the ‘scene’, plus I don’t know how much use I will have with a car in NYC without a garage. Moreover, I’ve had 3 cars stolen from me, and in NYC this could sadly be number 4; so I’m playing it safe by looking for not the nicest car, but what I feel is the best overall deal. That doesn’t mean I’m a low-baller but NY isn’t cheap and as a jobless PhD student I have to keep that in mind; also a serious seller should know that I’m not a naive 19yr old looking for his first car. Vouches and documents regarding maintenance, products, and proof of legitimacy are well appreciated, especially if it’s swapped/built.

Here are my basic requirements:
Less than 150k miles on a healthy motor
Smooth manual tranny
No body rust ever
At least 8/10 interior and exterior (I will consider properly gutted interiors, more room for my stuff)
Coupes/hatches only
Title in hand (I don’t care about title condition if priced accordingly)
Everything works (I don’t care if it has a/c or p/s or power options)
No ricers, no show cars, no track cars, no projects – just a straight up clean street car

Contact: [email protected] email with specific details, recent photos, and your price given what I’ve said. Again, I am looking to buy in the last 2 weeks of July.
Thanks

Louie_EM1
06-30-2009, 09:39 AM
Up

Louie_EM1
07-04-2009, 05:08 AM
Bump

Louie_EM1
07-14-2009, 07:02 PM
Up

tandem
07-14-2009, 07:04 PM
gl

ejchris
07-17-2009, 01:13 AM
i have a really cleam 93 ex for sale 5,500

Sir_Christopher
07-17-2009, 03:03 AM
got a 99 prelude. i have a new rear bumper and getting a new front bumper within the week that ill let go for 5k. it has a fresh jdm h22a in it!!!

Humphrizzle
07-17-2009, 03:04 AM
someone's selling bucky's old Civic Si.

it's perfect.

RutRoe
07-17-2009, 11:45 AM
I"d just rent a uhaul dude and figure it out when you get here.

I hope your plan works, but I just don't have tons of faith that it will work out in your favor since so many people flake online. Maybe you could use a couple hundred bucks going with "Rent a Wreck" or something like that while you're here getting everything ready and then just using a truck to move.

I'm sure you know, but having a car in NYC is one of the biggest pains in the asses ever. None of my 10 friends that live there have a car. Might be easier to get up there first and then decide.

I'm sure you've thought of that, just putting it out there. Hope it all works out how you'd like.

Rut

Louie_EM1
07-19-2009, 07:04 AM
Thanks for the comments, still looking however.
Last full day in Belgium SIGHHH... Atlanta here I come!

Louie_EM1
07-22-2009, 01:03 AM
I'm in Marietta good ol' U S of A

Rated JDM BE
07-22-2009, 08:41 PM
check out my thread

ejchris
07-23-2009, 02:33 PM
car in sig?? 5,000??

Louie_EM1
07-23-2009, 06:43 PM
Rated JDM Be: Pm'ed
ejchris: nice car, but that car's a bit too 'flashy' for NYC

Rated JDM BE
07-23-2009, 06:50 PM
I didnt get a PM

ejchris
07-24-2009, 11:28 AM
i can make some adjustments lol ...lmk ill take 4,800 cash

NEMO
07-24-2009, 02:11 PM
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241786

Louie_EM1
07-25-2009, 09:49 PM
Rated JDM BE, email me: [email protected] or AIM me: SpoonSport12
In my mailbox it shows I sent you, so that's weird. I will respond asap.

NEW UPDATE: I am no longer considering built cars because my gf needs to drive it too. So with that beings said I'm now looking for something basic and close to stock. So sorry guys. =/

Louie_EM1
07-29-2009, 06:03 PM
No longer looking! Bye Atlanta!

Newer Update: Really wanted to bring a clean rust-free car to NY, but sometimes $hit happens.
Better luck next year, thanks to everyone's help.