PDA

View Full Version : slammed and alignment

chaseamundo
06-28-2009, 10:27 AM
Ok so my car is very low and when i changed my oil the damn jack just dropped my car from hella high. well after that i noticed it was pulling to the left really bad. like i had to battle the steering wheel to keep straight. somethings for sure not right. everywhere i take it they say they cant do it bc of how low it is. its not so much alignment as something is bent in their.

UPDATE: ok so i just had my two front tires switched and it pulls harder to the right now than it did to the left! any ideas?

Where is somewhere i can take it where i can get some help?:???:

X-Runner
06-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Gwinnett Place Ford can do the alignment.

chaseamundo
06-28-2009, 10:51 AM
even with it slammed?

EJ_Allmota
06-28-2009, 11:56 AM
Butler Tire can do it, if there is one in your area..

JDMJAYDC2
06-28-2009, 12:05 PM
Butler tire or a Kaufman tire. But butler will cost you 113 without a camber kit

DynamicSound
06-28-2009, 12:07 PM
THe Butler Tire in Marietta can. There is also a place at the corner of Roswell Rd and Lower Roswell Rd in Marietta. It is right next to the Source Car Audio. I had them do mine with a 2.5" drop and it costs $90.

chaseamundo
06-28-2009, 03:53 PM
its not the alignment thats out. theirs somethin for sure bent under their

gtikid
06-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Gran Turismo East, in Doraville. I wouldn't trust ANY other place that wasn't GTE...they're awesome

chaseamundo
06-28-2009, 04:07 PM
really now. could they get it done in one day bc ill be comin home from birmingham to do this

VickNotic
06-28-2009, 06:22 PM
Good Year in gwinett .. on the corner of pleasant hill & stalite however u spell it .. 8D just tell'm I said so 8D .. they know there SHits and not just tires 8D

gtikid
06-28-2009, 06:29 PM
really now. could they get it done in one day bc ill be comin home from birmingham to do this

set-up an appointment with them first before coming, they're usually pretty busy....a lot of the drift guys around here use them

chameleon30038
06-28-2009, 09:36 PM
Kauffman or Butler....but if you think something is bent ....jack it up and shake it down.

uproot
06-28-2009, 09:42 PM
have you looked to see what is bent?

sirkus
06-28-2009, 10:55 PM
have you looked to see what is bent?
^x2

It'd be the thing to do before you take it somewhere. :yes:

chaseamundo
06-28-2009, 11:15 PM
damn.everyone i talk to and i come to the conclusion that theirs caster. or left tire is farther back than right. what would be bent and could i fix that?

and what the hell is a shakedown lol

SLo_MKIII
06-30-2009, 04:35 PM
man idk bro... i hope u figure it out

slimm
06-30-2009, 04:42 PM
good luck on that one homie

88NaCivic
06-30-2009, 04:45 PM
good luck on that one homie

X2 on that!

D3UC3S
06-30-2009, 04:56 PM
get someone to swap front wheels with you for a minute so you can drive around the block and see if it still pulls....that will rule out a bent tire

BTW....raise your shit up a little so you wont have this big of a problem next time...my .02

chaseamundo
06-30-2009, 05:17 PM
ok will do and you think its bc im so low?

D3UC3S
06-30-2009, 05:29 PM
I wouldn't rule it out...especially if you don't have a camber kit. Please tell me you have one.

What is your suspension setup....where did you jack up the car and accidentally drop it from....

chaseamundo
06-30-2009, 06:00 PM
dude. i dont have a camber kit. i thought that was to take out all the camber. and eibach adjustable coilovers.

my garage.is where i dropped it. 1 to 1.5 ft id guess

D3UC3S
06-30-2009, 07:07 PM
where on the car did you jack it up...lol Are the eibachs just the sleeves over stock struts or is it the whole eibach set-up?

dude. raise your car up and put a camber kit on it. You will be surprised how much better it handles/rides/doesn't fuck up/etc. You can still "tuck" and not be 1/4" off the pavement.

cm7k24
06-30-2009, 07:44 PM
such a noob on working on cars :)

hadouken
06-30-2009, 08:20 PM
maybe a bent rim that is making the pull

csmiths
06-30-2009, 08:28 PM
have you even gotten an alignment since you lowered it????? if not you should do that anyways, you should get it aligned first and see if it doesnt align, then you know that something is fucked

Humphrizzle
06-30-2009, 08:50 PM
See if your springs are set in the struts correctly. The springs may have shifted when you raised the car.

chaseamundo
06-30-2009, 08:58 PM
see. i thought the springs shifted but i looked and they were in place.

the eibachs are coilover sleeves. so a spring and a sleeve.
and i put stock jack under front right (all that would fit) raised it high enough to get another jack under back right. lifted that high enough to get a jack under front left and then changed oil. the front left jack is the one that dropped it while the whole right side was jacked up a lil still.

my front tires are not directional so i had them flipped around in the spot they were in bc of the wear on tires and it pulls even harder to the right now then it did to the left.

i cant even drive it right now =[ could it be a bent control arm? bc flippin tires areound shouldnt make that big of a deal....right?

chaseamundo
06-30-2009, 08:59 PM
as far as alignment everyone says they cant do me bc of camber. so im lookin at camber kits now. hoe hard are they to install?

csmiths
06-30-2009, 09:26 PM
dude you cant get your camber aligned perfect unless you have a camber kit. you need to tell butler that all you want is your toe aligned, camber is not an issue for you.

if your toe is off either way then it will pull.

i highly doubt that you bent anything, i have had jacks drop on me, but unless the car came down onto the jack then i doubt anything is bent. like i stated earlier, go get a damn alignement and dont worry about camber, please

chaseamundo
06-30-2009, 09:28 PM
so get my toe aligned?
what exactly are they aligning?

csmiths
06-30-2009, 09:33 PM
yes toe

toe is the direction that your wheel is facing.

ex:if your right wheel is at +1.5, then it is turned towards the right too far, vise versa.

your toe should be a 0 +/- .2 degrees. this is what makes you drift certain ways. trust me dude go get it aligned. they will be able to tell you if stuff is bent, but your camber will be in the high negative's but its ok.

they are adjusting your tie rods in the front

chaseamundo
06-30-2009, 09:35 PM
ok cool. and on the left wheel i can fit 3 fingers behind and 2 in front and right is even...
that toe too?

csmiths
06-30-2009, 09:45 PM
ok cool. and on the left wheel i can fit 3 fingers behind and 2 in front and right is even...
that toe too?

im not 100% sure that could be from toe, but i wouldnt rule it out.

how hard did the jack drop, and did anything hit the jack on the way down?

D3UC3S
06-30-2009, 09:49 PM
^^Thats what i was tryin to figure out

chaseamundo
06-30-2009, 09:55 PM
no when it the jack lowered it just free fell. but nothing hit anything at all. my suspension bottomed out though

csmiths
06-30-2009, 09:57 PM
seems fine, just get an alignment, your probably fine, just a little out of wack on the normal specs

chaseamundo
06-30-2009, 10:00 PM
ok. thanks. so ill ask for toe alignment =] appreciate it man. and ima look into a camber kit. how hard are they to install?

csmiths
06-30-2009, 10:04 PM
I would not get a camber kit. usually when you run a camber kit up front, you just run into problems when you want to be low, kinda like where your at.

I have seen many cars bang on the strut towers because of the camber kit. camber will not wear your tires down as much as toe will. I will never buy another camber kit unless its needed to fit wheels better.

TypeRPersonality
06-30-2009, 10:11 PM
ok. thanks. so ill ask for toe alignment =] appreciate it man. and ima look into a camber kit. how hard are they to install?

This is what you do. Take it to a shop that is willing to do the alignment. Many shops have been mentioned in this thread. Ask them to drive the vehicle first to understand what the car is doing. Then inform them about your situation and ask them to check the vehicle and notice anything strange (bent control arm, tie rod ends, etc). If they do, refuse to do the work if you can perform the repair yourself. If they don't, allow them to do the alignment; and if the alignment proves to fix the situation, then pay them and learn to lift a vehicle correctly. But if it doesn't fix the problem, refuse to pay, since they did not hold up on their end.

TypeRPersonality
06-30-2009, 10:12 PM
I would not get a camber kit. usually when you run a camber kit up front, you just run into problems when you want to be low, kinda like where your at.

I have seen many cars bang on the strut towers because of the camber kit. camber will not wear your tires down as much as toe will. I will never buy another camber kit unless its needed to fit wheels better.

+reps. Camber is not as big a deal as some people make it out to be.

Humphrizzle
07-01-2009, 02:30 AM
dude you cant get your camber aligned perfect unless you have a camber kit. you need to tell butler that all you want is your toe aligned, camber is not an issue for you.

if your toe is off either way then it will pull.

i highly doubt that you bent anything, i have had jacks drop on me, but unless the car came down onto the jack then i doubt anything is bent. like i stated earlier, go get a damn alignement and dont worry about camber, please

truth.

toe is much more important to have aligned.