PDA

View Full Version : motor problems

97lude
06-27-2009, 08:38 PM
I was driving and fixing to put it in 2nd gear and it just "bogged" down and quit running. now it wont start back any suggestions?

punkr6
06-27-2009, 08:40 PM
out of gas...

Barefoot
06-28-2009, 12:37 AM
year make model

X-Runner
06-28-2009, 12:39 AM
Its broke.

Z0_o6
06-28-2009, 03:21 AM
I was driving and fixing to put it in 2nd gear and it just "bogged" down and quit running. now it wont start back any suggestions?

definitely going to need more information man.

It's like going to a cooking website and saying:

"Hey, do you guys know why my food tasted bad? It just really wasn't very good I don't know why!"

We need to know what kind of car, the exact situation of what happened, and any pre-existing known issues would be nice as well. Even if you don't think they might be related, it never hurts to have too much info. :)

chip P.
06-28-2009, 06:00 AM
check fuel pressure.. check throttle cable.. check iacv..do you have gas.?.alternator any good?..i dunno man..like they said...info

97lude
06-28-2009, 06:07 PM
sry, Its a 95 civic dx. I drove it about 5 miles to the store was coming back and stopped at the stop sign.when i took off and put it in 2nd and it just bogged down. when i pulled over it would turn over but not start. no enginelight or anything.

VickNotic
06-28-2009, 06:14 PM
ignitor inside the dizzy

Barefoot
06-28-2009, 11:07 PM
when i pulled over it would turn over but not start. no enginelight or anything.ok thats a start what are u missing fuel, air, spark, or compression.

97lude
06-29-2009, 06:51 PM
tires plus said spark

Barefoot
06-29-2009, 07:33 PM
ok where does the spark stop at the A. plugs, B. wires, C. cap, or D. none at all.
if your answer is ABC your problem has been found.

if its D keep reading

if there is none at all it could be anything from a igniter, rotor button, coil, ecu, cam position sensor, low oil, or bad wiring.

best and fastest way to check the igniter, rotor button, coil, cam position sensor is swapping out the dizzy for a known working dizzy.
check your oil level.
if none of that does the trick swap out the ecu.
as for the main relay if your fuel pump comes on its working. if still nothing with those u have a bigger problem on your hands.

Z0_o6
06-29-2009, 07:35 PM
ok where does the spark stop at the plugs, wires, cap, or none at all. if there is none at all it could be anything from a igniter, rotor button, coil, ecu, cam postion sensor, low oil bad wiring. best and fastest checks are swapping ecus, main relay and dizzys with known working units. check your oil level. as for the main relay if your fuel pump comes on its working. if still nothing with thoses swapped out for the test u have a bigger problem on your hands.

You lost me at low oil stopping spark buddy LOL :doh:

VickNotic
06-29-2009, 07:39 PM
You lost me at low oil stopping spark buddy LOL :doh:

:D i dont think he's low on vtec fluid though

:bump:

Barefoot
06-29-2009, 08:50 PM
You lost me at low oil stopping spark buddy LOL lol sry ill reword it.

Z0_o6
06-29-2009, 10:35 PM
lol sry ill reword it.

makes much better sense now ;)

typing quickly can be a bitch sometimes huh? :D

AnthonyF
06-30-2009, 05:58 AM
This thread sucks. Why do people do this?

-Ant.

chaseamundo
06-30-2009, 06:06 PM
ok where does the spark stop at the A. plugs, B. wires, C. cap, or D. none at all.
if your answer is ABC your problem has been found.

if its D keep reading

if there is none at all it could be anything from a igniter, rotor button, coil, ecu, cam position sensor, low oil, or bad wiring.

best and fastest way to check the igniter, rotor button, coil, cam position sensor is swapping out the dizzy for a known working dizzy.
check your oil level.
if none of that does the trick swap out the ecu.
as for the main relay if your fuel pump comes on its working. if still nothing with those u have a bigger problem on your hands.

how do you tell where spark stops?

90_ACCORD
06-30-2009, 06:13 PM
i swear everyones car is doing this now. everytime i read one of these everyone says there having the same problem

Barefoot
06-30-2009, 06:15 PM
how do you tell where spark stops?pull the spark plug. do u have spark at the end of the spark plug? if there is spark there everything is ok. if not pull the spark plug from the wire and test with a screw driver or something. that will tell u if u have a fouled plug. no spark test at the cap with a screw driver or something. keep working back just eiliminated 1 step at a time.

97lude
07-01-2009, 07:46 PM
it was a distrubtor. i put new plugs, wires and changed the oil also. running fine now.

Barefoot
07-02-2009, 09:18 AM
good