PDA

View Full Version : Sports UFC 100: July 11th

TicketRedBB6
06-27-2009, 09:37 AM
UFC 100 at 10pm Saturday, July 11

Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir (heavyweight title)
Georges St-Pierre vs. Thiago Alves (welterweight title)
Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping

Those are the maincard fights. Lesnar v. Mir and GSP v. Alves are going to be incredible fights IMO. I hope Lesnar wins the rematch and I dont really care who wins the GSP fight, I just know it'll be worth seeing. Also, Michael Bisping and Henderson should put on quite a show too.

Post up your thoughts.

Deke
06-27-2009, 02:05 PM
Definitely one of the better fight cards in recent history. I'm looking forward to seeing this.

ironchef
06-27-2009, 04:04 PM
Should be very good. Dong "Stun Gun" Kim, Matt Grice, and Jon Jones should be interesting scrappers. Also looking forward to Coleman/Bonnar to see if Coleman has anything left in the tank.

OMG_TSX
06-27-2009, 06:49 PM
Lookin forward to seeing GSP retaining his belt

TicketRedBB6
06-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Should be very good. Dong "Stun Gun" Kim, Matt Grice, and Jon Jones should be interesting scrappers. Also looking forward to Coleman/Bonnar to see if Coleman has anything left in the tank.
I was looking forward to see if Bonnar had anything left, lol. He had a strong start in the UFC and then it just kind of fell apart.

TicketRedBB6
06-27-2009, 08:19 PM
Definitely one of the better fight cards in recent history. I'm looking forward to seeing this.
I read a UFC mag today that said some floor seats are going for 25K. I think every UFC is lookin forward to seeing it, lol.

Master Shake
06-28-2009, 09:19 AM
the lesnar vs mir fight is gonna be a good one. lesnar has got some fights behind him now and knows where he messed up the first time. and he might be after mir for blood.

GSP vs alves should be good as well. GSP doesn't want to lose that belt. Alves wants that belt. enough said.

henderson vs bisping. lol, i think this fight is gonna settle the grudges held between them from the us/uk show. should be interesting.

BanginJimmy
06-28-2009, 09:50 PM
I want to see Bisping's overrated ass get pummeled. I didnt like him when he was fighting on the show, and I liked him less as a coach.

TSiFTW
06-28-2009, 09:53 PM
Mir, GSP, Henderson. Thats my picks. Also can't wait till 101 to see Silva vs. Griffin. Hells yeah!!

SP33D FREAK
06-29-2009, 01:49 AM
Lesnar better defend the BJJ.... Frank Mir is a Top Star... he should really be the champ.. and I would like to see GSP retain... also I want Dan henderson to beat the shit out of bisping!

NevrNufTorq
06-29-2009, 02:01 AM
Mir, GSP, Henderson. Thats my picks. Also can't wait till 101 to see Silva vs. Griffin. Hells yeah!!
have to go with lesnar, gsp, and henderson..... :cheers: on silva vs. griffin. gonna be a great show i hope!!!

DamnDisLaOsBoY
06-29-2009, 11:59 AM
would be nice but my dood is LYOTO "THE DRAGON" MACHIDA! lol i still got the sweet KO he put on Rashad Evans on DVR.

NevrNufTorq
06-29-2009, 12:57 PM
would be nice but my dood is LYOTO "THE DRAGON" MACHIDA! lol i still got the sweet KO he put on Rashad Evans on DVR.
he is awesome, but he's not fighting in the next 2 fights and that's who we're making pics for :goodjob: :D

DamnDisLaOsBoY
06-29-2009, 01:41 PM
he is awesome, but he's not fighting in the next 2 fights and that's who we're making pics for :goodjob: :D

lol yeh i know just putting in my randomness. but honestly. BROCK is a freakin beast and very quick for his size! Under rated because people hate on him because he used to be a wrestler (which is fake) but the dude can pound on people. My vote is for brock!

03RCode
06-29-2009, 01:46 PM
Lesnar
GSP
Bisping.

Should be a good night of fights.

TicketRedBB6
06-29-2009, 04:09 PM
I want to see Bisping's overrated ass get pummeled. I didnt like him when he was fighting on the show, and I liked him less as a coach.
I kind of think he will lose too, but how is he overrated? His only loss out of several fights was a close decision to Rashad Evans when they were both pretty new to the octagon. Since then Evans has destroyed most people in front of him. Bisping was one of the few to have a close fight with him and has gotten better since then.

TicketRedBB6
06-29-2009, 04:11 PM
have to go with lesnar, gsp, and henderson..... :cheers: on silva vs. griffin. gonna be a great show i hope!!!
Dont forget Penn and Florian in the next fight too. Penn is a cocky bastard but he'll give you your money's worth, win or lose.

BanginJimmy
06-29-2009, 04:29 PM
I kind of think he will lose too, but how is he overrated? His only loss out of several fights was a close decision to Rashad Evans when they were both pretty new to the octagon. Since then Evans has destroyed most people in front of him. Bisping was one of the few to have a close fight with him and has gotten better since then.

Go back and look who he has fought. Outside of early in his career it is all nobodies and in London. He also had the fight against the deaf kid that he lost bad, but the judges gave it to him anyways. There is a reason Evans has been the picture for the belt for the last year and no one has even mentioned Bisping for a title shot.

TicketRedBB6
06-29-2009, 05:42 PM
You have a point. Supposedly the winner of this fight is getting a title shot.

NevrNufTorq
06-29-2009, 09:15 PM
Dont forget Penn and Florian in the next fight too. Penn is a cocky bastard but he'll give you your money's worth, win or lose.
right about that, that fight will be a brawl unless one of them gets stung early :yes:

ironchef
06-29-2009, 09:32 PM
right about that, that fight will be a brawl unless one of them gets stung early :yes:I think Kenny is too hungry for the belt, and he'll take it from BJ.

BanginJimmy
06-29-2009, 09:49 PM
You have a point. Supposedly the winner of this fight is getting a title shot.

I dont think either is really title shot worthy at this point, but there really isnt anyone in 185 that is on Spider's level. I really dont see ANY competition for the champs until you get to 205, which is really the only competitive class right now at the top level.

Penn, just better than anyone else at 155. His BJJ and striking are a step ahead of anyone in the class. Alot of competition for #2, but for right now #1 is easily Penn.

GSP, a few good fighters at 170, but like Penn he is just that much better. He wont find any real competition unless he moves up. The really scary thing is, he is still getting better. Until you get to the truely elite 185ers I think he cruises much as he is at 170.

Spider, everything someone at 185 can do, he can do better and from multiple positions. Like GSP, he is still improving too. He will also have to move up to find any real competition. Unlike GSP though, I think he has VERY serious issues with the top 20 205ers. Not because of skill, but because of the weight differences. 205ers are running around at 225+ while Spider will have to work to get to 205. Put simply, the 205ers will simply be too strong for Spider.

Does this mean none of these guys cant lose, or win if they move up? Not at all. That is the beauty of this sport. All it takes is a well placed, or desperation, kick, punch, or knee to end the fight.

ironchef
06-29-2009, 09:56 PM
Anderson walks around at 220 I believe. If he moved up, I don't think he would have much issue.

Whiteboy572
06-29-2009, 10:52 PM
IMO, Penn's over rated.. Got stoped by GSP last fight, looked winded and just gave up.. I think he will have his hands full if we get to see a sanchez vs penn fight card. The sanchez vs guida fight was awesome! :)
My picks are Lesnar, GSP and Henderson, i hope. (I still have a sick taste when bisping "Beat" Hamill in his home town a while back...

Ronsam2006
06-30-2009, 09:48 AM
The big Dana White rumor is that he already mentioned that if GSP wins in UFC 100, and Silva wins against Forrest in UFC 101, then he will match those two up somewhere past UFC 105. GSP said that he will fight Silva, but he will need a long time to train and put on the 15 lbs. Silva already agreed on that fight, as he has said before that he will fight anyone. As you can see here, saying that in time, GSP will be dealt with....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBH0K5UjNAY&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fsports.yahoo.com%2Fmma%2Fblog%2F cagewriter%2Fpost%2FEdgy-Silva-a-bit-more-mouthy-at-UFC-97%3Furn%3Dmma%2C157151&feature=player_embedded

BanginJimmy
06-30-2009, 07:11 PM
Anderson walks around at 220 I believe. If he moved up, I don't think he would have much issue.

I wasnt aware he was walking around that big. I though I saw that he was walking around at about 200.

Found what I was looking for. His fight weight is about 200.

NevrNufTorq
07-01-2009, 12:30 AM
The big Dana White rumor is that he already mentioned that if GSP wins in UFC 100, and Silva wins against Forrest in UFC 101, then he will match those two up somewhere past UFC 105. GSP said that he will fight Silva, but he will need a long time to train and put on the 15 lbs. Silva already agreed on that fight, as he has said before that he will fight anyone. As you can see here, saying that in time, GSP will be dealt with....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBH0K5UjNAY&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fsports.yahoo.com%2Fmma%2Fblog%2F cagewriter%2Fpost%2FEdgy-Silva-a-bit-more-mouthy-at-UFC-97%3Furn%3Dmma%2C157151&feature=player_embedded
that would so be an incredible fight if it went 2 or 3 rounds!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers: love both fighters, great guys with incredible skill and 'at least seem' to be quite honorable of other fighters and their accomplishments as well :goodjob:

Greddypacked
07-01-2009, 10:11 AM
Wow what a good fight card. D. Henderson Vs. Bisping should be a good one, but haha... Lesnar and G. St Pierre in the other fights WOW; should be an exciting UFC. I mean they couldnt make UFC100 a soso fightcard, it's the 100th so they making it BIG.

TicketRedBB6
07-03-2009, 08:25 AM
Thiago Alves Highlight - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IqMoLwr0JI
The first knockout and the matt hughes knockout :goodjob:
I think he'll only beat GSP if he knocks him out. If it goes more than a couple rounds GSP should have it easy.

BB6dohcvtec
07-04-2009, 04:12 PM
My pick in the top fights

Lesnar
GSP
and hopefully henderson but i have a feeling bisping is gonna get em and it won't even be close.

TicketRedBB6
07-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Lesnar FTW lol. The way it shouldve ended the first fight.

BanginJimmy
07-11-2009, 11:46 PM
but i have a feeling bisping is gonna get em and it won't even be close.

Would you like to revise this statement?

Bisping's second fight against a top level fighter and he got absolutely destroyed(sort of like the first but the judges couldnt give this one to him). That was one of the worst knock outs I have ever seen.

I absolutely loved Hendo's comments afterwards. All of Bisping's words just got thrown onto him 10 fold.

b16EG-HaTcH
07-12-2009, 12:31 AM
^^LoL Bisping got dominated. i was expecting a way better showing from him than that. But like they kept saying i couldnt understand why he was circling to henderson's power hand......but it paid off well for henderson, and LULZ at the comment he made about the 2nd punch when bisping was out was "just to shut him up".

bowdown201
07-12-2009, 06:59 AM
Ill admit I was kind of surprised to see Bisping not put up much of a fight. Also props to Thiago for goin 5 rounds with GSP.

ekcivic1991
07-12-2009, 09:59 AM
Man who else hates brock lesnar, He pisses me off some big troll or something needs to come beat his ass in the ring. When he was runnin his mouth about frank at the end to joe rogan i was just waiting to see frank come running across the corner of my screen and hit him but it didnt happen.

OMG_TSX
07-12-2009, 01:30 PM
i would say it was a good show. wat a TKO on Bisping!. what about Alan Belcher superman punch using his foot to spring off the cage. is that LEGAL???

BanginJimmy
07-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Man who else hates brock lesnar, He pisses me off some big troll or something needs to come beat his ass in the ring. When he was runnin his mouth about frank at the end to joe rogan i was just waiting to see frank come running across the corner of my screen and hit him but it didnt happen.

I like Brock. He is big, strong as hell and honest. Dont forget that Mir was the first one to say something though. I may be biased though as I have always hated Mir because he is so damn cocky. He did get a couple very good knees in though that may have ended most fights.

Brock was right about one thing, Mir must have had a horseshoe up his ass to win that first fight.

Mchnhead2k5
07-12-2009, 02:10 PM

Mir talked shit about Lesnar all up to this fight saying he was a joke of a fighter, that Mir would beat him easily 99 out of 100 fights, during training session Mir's sparring partner was doing elbow drops and making fun of Lesnar, and then Mir got dominated. UFC fans probably now half of them still think Brock's a joke eventhough he's beat up every person he has faced. He gave the FU to the Mandalay Bay, b/c 90% were cheering for homeboy Mir.

Lesnar can talk the talk and walk the walk. The ONLY person out there that would give Lesnar a run for his money and can beat him is FEDOR.

ka24boost
07-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Brock is over rated. All fighter talk junk about each other before the fight but after ward they usually cool.

TicketRedBB6
07-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Frank got just what he wanted. He said before the fight "hit harder brock." lol, brock definately hit harder. My dad called earlier though and said he failed a drug test and has now been DQ'd though. Havent heard anything else about it than that.

And yeah, I have all the respect in the world for Alves. He steadily got beat for 5 straight rounds and still stood toe to toe swinging his heart out the whole fight. And then had the respect to raise GSPs hand afterwards.

asshowl
07-12-2009, 05:05 PM
What a sweet KO for "Hendo" watching overrated ass "The Cunt" get ko .....priceless

http://i28.tinypic.com/16k6jk5.gif

wow GSP is just levels above everyone else in his weight he just speared ALves to the ground at will and Alves did himself no favors by not getting off offensively , I heard Dana wants to match up GSP and Anderson Silva in the future, that would be some damm competition for GSP

americanctm
07-12-2009, 06:46 PM
ahha i got it on pay-per-view last night with some buddies and i was not disappointed except for the Heavyweight title fight.

I loved watching Henderson destroy that shit-talking Brit. The GSP fight was not surprise except for the fact that Thiago actually lasted ALL 5 rounds... you have to give the kid his due for that.

Turbo Terrance
07-12-2009, 07:23 PM
so lesnar got his revenge, and he flipped off all the haters...lol but goddamn GSP that fight pissed me the fuck off!!!!!! I was going for Alves %100....

americanctm
07-12-2009, 07:31 PM
^^ Yep me too... now who else is gonna challenge him in the welterweight division?? And he doesn't seem to enthusiastic about going up in weight class.

I thought Lesnar was pretty funny... saying he was gonna go home and drink a COORS light, and not Bud light cuz they wouldn't pay him lol

onebadgt
07-13-2009, 08:00 AM
i was happy with all the outcomes, i am glas as hell that brock knocked out mir. if you watched all their pre-fight stuff mir kept sayin that brock was a talantless fighter and the only thing he was good at was weightlifting. that he had no chance in hell etc...if i was lesner i would be pissed to. at least mir didnt make excuses after the fight.

on a 2nd not lesner kinda got cheated in thier first fight because that horrible reff mazagati(spelling?) stood them up after brock hit mir in the back of the head one time. most fighters get multiple warnings. wtf. if they had never stood back up that ankle lock may not have happened.

onebadgt
07-13-2009, 08:01 AM
^^ Yep me too... now who else is gonna challenge him in the welterweight division?? And he doesn't seem to enthusiastic about going up in weight class.

I thought Lesnar was pretty funny... saying he was gonna go home and drink a COORS light, and not Bud light cuz they wouldn't pay him lol

i liked the next part where he said im gonna spend some time with my family and hell i might even get on top of my wife lol

BanginJimmy
07-13-2009, 04:07 PM
i liked the next part where he said im gonna spend some time with my family and hell i might even get on top of my wife lol

His wife would probably put up more of a fight than Mir did.

BB6dohcvtec
07-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Brock is a beast among children. Now I want to see lesnar v Fedor if the UFC can sign him.

Mchnhead2k5
07-13-2009, 11:37 PM
Well she did do this to her then husband...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUv5VwvTOlY

americanctm
07-14-2009, 12:20 AM
Now I want to see lesnar v Fedor if the UFC can sign him.

X2!!!!

Fedor's contract ends in August and Dana White has already said he will sign Fedor to the UFC no matter what. Fedor maybe the greatest MMA fighter of all time... so him and Lesnar would be absolutely EPIC