PDA

View Full Version : General Chat 2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R SpecV vs 2007 Honda Civic SI

Stormhammer
06-26-2009, 06:55 PM
Hmm, which to choose - give me the plus and negatives on both sides.

GO GO GO!

Gutling
06-26-2009, 07:00 PM
is 06 sentra the new body style or old one? the new ones are ugly as fuck.

id say honda, newer, nicer, more backing. but spec v is slightly more uncommon

RUFFIAN
06-26-2009, 07:01 PM
The sentra is more torquey but the aftermarket is limited. the civic looks better and has infinite aftermarket support. buy the civic and welcome to being a raindrop falling into an ocean of other civic owners.

ATL_e92
06-27-2009, 02:48 AM
id go with the civic!!! but if i where to buy a car it would not be a jap or american car!

RL...
06-27-2009, 12:33 PM
Neither, the sentra is a decent car at best. They can be quick but if you want to mod a car start with a better platform...

The civic should only be bought as a DD and not to mod. Because honestly, girls aren't impressed by you modding a civic. So you must be trying to impress guys...which is...:gay:

A 2006 sentra/civic goes for about 13-18k? Rough guess? You could buy a nice/better/faster car for that much money

Lexus gs 400/is300
nissan 350z/g35
honda s2k/rsx
mazda3/6/rx7

WhiteAccord
06-27-2009, 12:37 PM
Neither, the sentra is a decent car at best. They can be quick but if you want to mod a car start with a better platform...

The civic should only be bought as a DD and not to mod. Because honestly, girls aren't impressed by you modding a civic. So you must be trying to impress guys...which is...:gay:

A 2006 sentra/civic goes for about 13-18k? Rough guess? You could buy a nice/better/faster car for that much money

Lexus gs 400/is300
nissan 350z/g35
honda s2k/rsx
mazda3/6/rx7

Troof.

Dville nismo
06-27-2009, 03:53 PM
I love my spec v and wouldn't give it up for a honda, but the si is also a nice car to, so either way its a win, only if its not the new body style sentra because they are ugly as fuck.

Julio
06-28-2009, 03:22 PM
The new body style Spec V is shit.. Ugly as fuck.

SI all the way.

But the old body spec v .... win win. like the sig above my post..

RL...
06-28-2009, 03:38 PM
The new body style Spec V is shit.. Ugly as fuck.

SI all the way.

But the old body spec v .... win win. like the sig above my post..

x2

Sentra
06-28-2009, 06:45 PM
Unfourtunately I will have to say Honda.

The new sentras are kinda crappy from what I have seen.

Stormhammer
06-29-2009, 12:17 PM
IT'd be one of these Sentra's

http://media.photobucket.com/image/2006%20Spec%20V/yellomantis/Sentra/DSC_0016.jpg

Stormhammer
06-29-2009, 12:18 PM

Lexus gs 400/is300
nissan 350z/g35
honda s2k/rsx
mazda3/6/rx7

Shitty gas mileage
Can only seat 2ppl/is a 2dr ( I have 4pts on my license currently, so trying to avoid 2drs )
2drs....
Maybe a Mazda 3 - but eh... I want LSD!

Logan
06-29-2009, 05:13 PM
e39 m5. The early models are getting very cheap.

But I say sentra. They are very tight and fun to drive cars.

abmobil
06-30-2009, 08:53 PM

Lexus gs 400/is300
nissan 350z/g35
honda s2k/rsx
mazda3/6/rx7

You have never driven a Spec V have you Rick.
For there price point they are very nice.

Yes there have been issues with the QR motor but Id say by 06 most bugs were worked out.
I spent alot of time behind the wheel of my old roomates 2006 SER spec V.

My take is the car handled well for a compact sedan, lots of low end grunt with decent mid range power as well.

He had Brembos so it braked very well and even rode nice.
I found it to be a very well rounded car and in the 70k he owned it, it never had a problem.

And what do you know about any platform??
NOTHING!!!!!

RL...
07-01-2009, 09:53 AM
You have never driven a Spec V have you Rick.
For there price point they are very nice.

Yes there have been issues with the QR motor but Id say by 06 most bugs were worked out.
I spent alot of time behind the wheel of my old roomates 2006 SER spec V.

My take is the car handled well for a compact sedan, lots of low end grunt with decent mid range power as well.

He had Brembos so it braked very well and even rode nice.
I found it to be a very well rounded car and in the 70k he owned it, it never had a problem.

And what do you know about any platform??
NOTHING!!!!!

They are decent cars at best. They are not great cars. For the money you can buy something faster/ just as reliable/mroe comfortable, rwd, awd, etc..lol @ lots of low end grunt...no factory n/a 4 cylinder makes good mid range power...

EP3sAreFun
07-01-2009, 05:57 PM
NEITHER. GO BUY A FUCKING 95 COROLLA!!

GD YOU JUSTIN!!! FIX YER FUCKING STARION!!!!!

RAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >_<

Ajdgotskillz
07-01-2009, 06:46 PM
well i think you know what i already would say lol get the sentra

abmobil
07-01-2009, 08:31 PM
They are decent cars at best. They are not great cars. For the money you can buy something faster/ just as reliable/mroe comfortable, rwd, awd, etc..lol @ lots of low end grunt...no factory n/a 4 cylinder makes good mid range power...

Rick your post are idiotic.
That is a extremely ignorant statment as far as no N/A factory 4 cyl making good mid range power!!!
You probably havent driven any of them!!!!

You say for the money and you didnt even know the price of any of them!!!

Andr3w
07-02-2009, 11:24 AM
My friend has an 07 Si Sedan. I have a Spec V. The Spec V is more fun to drive on a curvy back road. The Spec V has low end torque. The Si has top end. The QR25 does not produce as much horsepower with the mods such as I/H/E as compared to the Si with I/H/E. The K20 will show more gains with those modifications. If you want the Spec V to be 'fast' you have to boost it no questions. If you put I/H/E and cams and a tune (SAFC2) you should be looking at like 14.5 ET in the quarter mile just to give you an idea. If you get a 2006 Spec V they fixed the butterfly screw issue by using better screws that don't come off. I would still buy a header asap just in case the pre-cat decides to take a dump. I would also say get a Spec V because they are not as common as a Si.

Either way they are both nice cars.