PDA

View Full Version : Adding HID to high beams?

Doppelgänger
06-26-2009, 01:25 PM
OK, first off, i'm not to really want to do this, but, I will be taking a trip across country pretty soon and will be driving in some remote areas at night out west. I know that HIDs work so well because of the projector housing and how it focuses the light pattern. What I am wondering is will there be more/better lighting if I used HIDs in my high beams? I only wonder because there is so much scatter with highs it seems like HIDs might not really increase overall brightness. I want small creatures to think the North Star itself is coming at them....

Maki
06-26-2009, 02:31 PM
if you use HIDs in a normal housing they will still be awesome!!! You can bnever go wrong with them. I say do it and you will never go back. Projectors are not a must

speedminded
06-26-2009, 02:56 PM
OK, first off, i'm not to really want to do this, but, I will be taking a trip across country pretty soon and will be driving in some remote areas at night out west. I know that HIDs work so well because of the projector housing and how it focuses the light pattern. What I am wondering is will there be more/better lighting if I used HIDs in my high beams? I only wonder because there is so much scatter with highs it seems like HIDs might not really increase overall brightness. I want small creatures to think the North Star itself is coming at them....Fabricate a light bar that attaches to your hood, between the bumper and hood, or even a bracket at the top of the windshield since it's a convertible :tongue:

You can even make it using a Jeep Liberty plastic housing...

http://image.motortrend.com/f/9250433+w750/112_0604_09z_snow+2006_jeep_liberty_renegade+light _bar_view.jpg

No cross country trip should be without an auxiliary light bar!

http://forums.mwerks.com/zerothread?id=4009738

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n89/mojocoggo/OtherCars/2cv-lights.jpg

https://www.rallyinnovations.com/uploads/products/31_2004_light_bar_front.jpg

AnthonyF
06-26-2009, 03:09 PM
Dude, your car would be SOOO sick with one of those rally fog light setups!!

i say you get one hid 6K, and the other side a 3K. :goodjob:

But, all in all, it'll be uber sexy and more light = better...period!

-Ant.

Doppelgänger
06-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Yet... none of your replies answer my damn question :facepalm:

Doppelgänger
06-27-2009, 01:13 PM
if you use HIDs in a normal housing they will still be awesome!!! You can bnever go wrong with them. I say do it and you will never go back. Projectors are not a must

Tossing HIDs in reflector housings that are low-beams are for fucking inbred shitsticks. I don't need better low beams... I already have HIDs with proper projectors to NOT blind everyone like a goddamn ricer.

STRteg
06-27-2009, 01:16 PM
Just try it and see,I think you might be right because the surface covered by your high beams is dramatically different than your lows i think HIDs would look hella sexy and probably better projected through your High beams

speedminded
06-27-2009, 03:17 PM
Yet... none of your replies answer my damn question :facepalm:What bulbs are in your high beams now?

e30pwr
06-27-2009, 03:27 PM
Tossing HIDs in reflector housings that are low-beams are for fucking inbred shitsticks. I don't need better low beams... I already have HIDs with proper projectors to NOT blind everyone like a goddamn ricer.

thank you.

and to answer you question, depending on the connector you have it is possible, however you do realize it takes HID's to "warm up". So the only benefit I would see for them in your highs is if you plan on running them on high, during the middle of the night, and on consistently, otherwise there wont be much of a benefit if you only flash or turn them on for maybe 3-4 secs, but if you know your going to be on roads with no one and highs would be good with more output, then go for it. check the FS forum, halston is selling HID kits and he can tell you if your connector would work or not

speedminded
06-27-2009, 03:28 PM
thank you.

and to asnwer you question, depending on the connector you have it is possible, however you do realise it takes HID's to "warm up". So the only benefit I would see for them in your highs is if you plan on running them on high, during the middle of the night, and on consistantly, otherwise there wont be much of a benefit if you only flash or turn them on for maybe 3-4 secs, but if you know your going to be on raods with no one an dhighs would be good with more output, then go for it. check the FS forum, halston is selling HID kits an dhe can tell you if your connector would work or notHe said he's taking a road trip out west (trip across country) so obviously there will be more than enough time to warn up :tongue:

e30pwr
06-27-2009, 03:30 PM
and thats what i get for skimming the posts, oh well.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=282 :cheers::goodjob:

speedminded
06-27-2009, 03:37 PM
and thats what i get for skimming the posts, oh well.If the low-beams don't go off when the brights go on then it's not an issue anyways...or would suck lol! Otherwise can always pull on the yoke until the brights warm up then pull it all the way.

People used to bright me all the time in my Land Rover with the 35 watt Hella driving lights...then they were instantly lit up with 250 watts of lights lol! :doh:

DynamicSound
06-27-2009, 04:08 PM
Okay, people really are off about projectors. Projectors actually CUT DOWN on your light output. This is because it concentrates it down to a single beam and has to go through 2 seperate glasses...instead of 1 on the reflector housing. Have you have done a projector swop with Halogens?? You have them on your reflector housing them switch to projectors. You get about 60-80% of the light output you did with the reflector housing. Having HID's in a reflector housing does not blind people nor does it make you a ricer. If it did, then the majority of luxury cars with factory HID's are ricers...lol. What blinds people is when they have mis-aligned headlights that are aimed too high. This can happen with projectors too.

So to sum up, adding HID's to your hi beam will give you about twice the light output versus your projector lo beams with HID's.

_Christian_
06-27-2009, 04:27 PM
Okay, people really are off about projectors. Projectors actually CUT DOWN on your light output. This is because it concentrates it down to a single beam and has to go through 2 seperate glasses...instead of 1 on the reflector housing. Have you have done a projector swop with Halogens?? You have them on your reflector housing them switch to projectors. You get about 60-80% of the light output you did with the reflector housing. Having HID's in a reflector housing does not blind people nor does it make you a ricer. If it did, then the majority of luxury cars with factory HID's are ricers...lol. What blinds people is when they have mis-aligned headlights that are aimed too high. This can happen with projectors too.

So to sum up, adding HID's to your hi beam will give you about twice the light output versus your projector lo beams with HID's.
Halogen reflector housings scatter the light output. Even if there is less output from projectors there is still more usable light, because the light isn't spread out all over the place. Putting HID's in halogen reflector housings DOES blind people and not just because they are adjusted too high. Have you looked at the cutoffs on these setups? Adjusting the headlights up or down doesn't fix the problem. Most factory xenon/hid cars have projectors. Those that don't, have reflector housings designed for HIDs. Halogen housings are designed for halogen beams, not HIDs.

e30pwr
06-27-2009, 04:31 PM

yes, but correct me if I am wrong, the HID's in reflectors scatter the light more, therefore have an easier chance of blinding people, where compared to the projectors that are concentrated which lessens this chance. I personally have yet to see a reflector housing with HID's that have been properly aimed. What he is going to be doing is putting HID's in a reflector housing, so he will get maximum output, but will have a hell of a better chance at taking out people eyes. But if the OP is driving in rural places and knows he wont piss people off, then thats fine by me, I like the guy for being level headed and smart enough to not be a jackass

DynamicSound
06-27-2009, 04:48 PM
Scattering the light does not make it blind people. I guess I blind people with my G35 since I have reflector headlamps and factory HID lights. And only newer vehicles have projectors on them. Most of the older vehicles did not and HID kits have been around since the 90's. :goodjob:

In the end, no...adding them to reflector housing does not blind people. Only if it is adjusted too high or they have a dual filament bulbs without a casper shield. Projectors also can blind people if not adjusted correctly. I have only installed over 2000 kits and sold over 60,000 kits...but I guess I do not know. :rolleyes:

In the OP case, it wouldn't matter because it will be a hi beam. Any hi beam will blind people.

I even list this under...IMO. Not trying to get into a debate because will believe what they believe because they read it online when the majority of the information online about HID kits is so far from facts.

e30pwr
06-27-2009, 05:03 PM
All I'm saying is this:

non-projectors aka reflectors
http://www.briangt.com/gallery/albums/album81/h4soutput.sized.jpg

projectors:
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e5/eld4au6/e30/headlight/IMG_7127.jpg

_Christian_
06-27-2009, 05:10 PM
Scattering the light does not make it blind people. I guess I blind people with my G35 since I have reflector headlamps and factory HID lights. And only newer vehicles have projectors on them. Most of the older vehicles did not and HID kits have been around since the 90's. :goodjob:

In the end, no...adding them to reflector housing does not blind people. Only if it is adjusted too high or they have a dual filament bulbs without a casper shield. Projectors also can blind people if not adjusted correctly. I have only installed over 2000 kits and sold over 60,000 kits...but I guess I do not know. :rolleyes:

In the OP case, it wouldn't matter because it will be a hi beam. Any hi beam will blind people.
Your G35 has reflector housings but they were designed for HID beams from the factory. They are not the same as halogen reflectors. I never said anything bad about reflector housings, only halogen reflector housings. Blinding from scattered light is the reason why factory HID cars have cutoffs. If the beam is scattered the headlights can never be adjusted properly to compensate. They need a sharp cutoff!! They are two different types of lighting systems that require two different types of delivery.

speedminded
06-27-2009, 05:15 PM
yes, but correct me if I am wrong, the HID's in reflectors scatter the light more, therefore have an easier chance of blinding people, where compared to the projectors that are concentrated which lessens this chance. I personally have yet to see a reflector housing with HID's that have been properly aimed. What he is going to be doing is putting HID's in a reflector housing, so he will get maximum output, but will have a hell of a better chance at taking out people eyes. But if the OP is driving in rural places and knows he wont piss people off, then thats fine by me, I like the guy for being level headed and smart enough to not be a jackassThe discussion is regarding hi-beams so blinding people is not the issue, unless you drive with brights on in traffic.

Common sense is going to say that if there is more light coming out of the bulb, as with a HID, then obviously there will be more light being dispersed off the reflector. What I don't like about it is the light gets dispersed everywhere...practically 180 degrees on some in front of the car. It lights up everything so close and to the sides that it reduces your depth of field...

_Christian_
06-27-2009, 05:20 PM
OP, I meant to address your question before now. I don't see any problem running an HID kit for your brights if you're going to be using them for long periods of time. I think the light output will be better since brights usually scatter the light quite a bit anyways. I say try it!!

DynamicSound
06-27-2009, 05:36 PM
No, a reflector housing will not have a super sharp cutoff, but it will have a cutoff. What people do not understand is that when you install all HID kits, you need to adjust the headlights to ensure you are not bliding people. This includes projectors. When the vehicle has halogens in it, you can angle it higher without blinding people because the light output is less. With HID's, the light output is so much greater that you need to check them to ensure you have a low cutoff. BTW...no my G35 does not have a super sharp cut-off either. It has them as a vehicle with halogen housing that HID's have been installed on.

Here are some examples of halogen housings with HID's installed...

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc289/JCool_photos/CIMG0345.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u206/wing_gundam/Picture007.jpg

Here is a before and after from halogens to HID...see that the HID's are hitting higher up...I.E. can blind people unless adjusted.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/OmgifartedL0L/Cutoff1.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/OmgifartedL0L/Cutoff2.jpg

Here is another cutoff with reflectors that were originally halogens.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc289/JCool_photos/CIMG1032.jpg

scttydb411
06-27-2009, 10:44 PM
after installing hi/lo hid into my halogen housings i didn't adjust them and it was way brighter and did blind people (lot's of flashing lights back at me). after adjusting them properly i don't blind anymore (haven't been flashed since). the highbeams do need to warm up, but that only takes a mere second or two since they are the same bulb. if you have the seperate hi and lo bulbs then it will take longer.

you will not blind anyone if you take the time to adjust the beams properly after installing them. this doesn't just mean adjusting the height, but also the width of the beam. you should have a vertical and horizontal adjustment.

.blank cd
06-27-2009, 11:03 PM
HIDs are OK in reflector housings as long as they're adjusted. I had a set of low beams and a set of high beams in my 97 Accord that were just fine

_Christian_
06-29-2009, 02:02 AM
Buncha ricers!!!

Doppelgänger
06-29-2009, 07:19 AM
Buncha ricers!!!

This is true.

STRteg - vehicle lighting is NOT about "looking sexy" for Christ's sake. People who think those 10k and higher colors from their headls are "cool" because it "looks cool" are fucking retarded and I want to take a hammer to their headlights everytime I see them. These shitsticks have no clue that blue/pink/purple/violet/magenta lighting absolutely KILLS vision, these colors DO NOT reflect back well and end up making things harder to see while hurting oncoming driver's vision.
I really wish there would be some laws to crack down on people using that retarded crap in their cars.

You can tell me until you are blue in the face that "putting HIDs in reflectors is just fine", but I will contest it based on being blinded/seeing it first hand. Yes, manufacturers can design a reflectory housing and HID combo that works better, but it still scatters light...like the Maximas and Acuras with this type headlight. I can always tell these cars in traffic because their lights are significantly brighter then HID/projector and halogen/reflector setups. Every aftermarket HID kit put into reflector housings that I have see ALWAYS have tons of light scatter.

Dynamicsound- like you really care what people do with these kits. You get your money and obviously you're going to butter up and say everything is fine..you're not going to risk sales and say that it's a bad idea....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

on topic-

Let me also clarify that my car has OEM projectors, not some retrofit kit. I have 5k bulbs in there and the lighting is fine...perfect cutoff and no scatter. Also, my lows do stay on when the highs are activated and yes, I do know that they take a moment to 'warm up'...but I use my highs for visability...I have a horn to take care of stupid people at close range.

My highs are 9005, so I guess the only way to know if it will work is to suck up and spend the $60 or so bucks on some cheap kit.

Elbow
06-29-2009, 07:52 AM
I have HID's just stuck in both of my headlights, so 4 total, I love when people flash their high beams at me and I turn my others on hahahaah.

MeFryRice
06-29-2009, 08:15 AM
HIDs are OK in reflector housings as long as they're adjusted. I had a set of low beams and a set of high beams in my 97 Accord that were just fine

Wrong. For you to say this statement makes me never want to do business with you.

Like everyone else has already mentioned, installing a set of HID's in a halogen designed reflector housing, you'll get in return a lot of scattered lighting.

Look in the picture below. You see that hotspot? See the light surrounding that hotspot? That's the glare that is blinding on coming traffic.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u206/wing_gundam/Picture007.jpg

Like Doppelgänger has already mentioned, putting HID's in a reflector housing is for fucking ricers and should be cited by cops for this crap.

Doppelgänger
06-29-2009, 08:20 AM
Like Doppelgänger has already mentioned, putting HID's in a reflector housing is for fucking ricers and should be cited by cops for this crap.

And remember- the only reason I purposely want to put HIDs in my highs (reflectors) is because i'll be driving at night in the middle of nowhere and will need the extra light...not because it "looks cool" or because I think HIDs should be stuck in everything.

OG-Skinny
06-29-2009, 08:28 AM
just put some in your fog lights.

Thighs
06-29-2009, 08:43 AM
put hids in your tail lights. blind fuckers from the front AND rear!! YEAH!!!

BLING BLING HOMIE

if you want HIDs, get some projectors. mike, do what you want.

Doppelgänger
06-29-2009, 11:01 AM
Was that directed as me needing projectors or directed at everyone else on the topic of lows/reflectors/HIDs?

I will do what I want, but i'm looking for an insight as to if adding HID's to my highbeams will really provide that much more visable light so I can see further down the road at night.

Doppelgänger
06-29-2009, 11:04 AM
just put some in your fog lights.

Oh yeah...because my foglights really light up the road 100yds away :lmfao:

you still owe me $40 :ninja:

slimm
06-29-2009, 02:19 PM
IF YOU HAVE SINGLE BEAM HEADLIGHTS, DO NOT PUT AN HID BULB IN YOUR HIGH BEAMS!!! WHEN YOU HIT THE HIGH, YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE LIGHT TO FADE IN. IT SUX!! I MADE THAT MISTAKE A WHILE AGO. TRUST ME. GET REGULAR HIGH BEAM BULBS. It looks great, but sux!!!

speedminded
06-29-2009, 03:04 PM
IF YOU HAVE SINGLE BEAM HEADLIGHTS, DO NOT PUT AN HID BULB IN YOUR HIGH BEAMS!!! WHEN YOU HIT THE HIGH, YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE LIGHT TO FADE IN. IT SUX!! I MADE THAT MISTAKE A WHILE AGO. TRUST ME. GET REGULAR HIGH BEAM BULBS. It looks great, but sux!!!Not on dual beam headlights allow the low beams to stay on...

slimm
06-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Not on dual beam headlights allow the low beams to stay on...
not on all vehicles. mine were factory single beam but i swithced to projectors. when i hit my high beams, my low beams cut out.

DynamicSound
06-29-2009, 03:26 PM
Dynamicsound- like you really care what people do with these kits. You get your money and obviously you're going to butter up and say everything is fine..you're not going to risk sales and say that it's a bad idea....

This is a extremely dumb comment. Implying that I will say whatever to make a sale. I will tell you like it is and you can choose to buy them or not, I could care less. I will tell you exactly what it is from my 5+ years experience of selling and installing HID kits. I can call BS from idiots that come onto forums at state things that have heard, read, or dealt with on the 1-2 HID Kits they owned. As said before, to have a clean cutoff, then projectors are the way to go. The small amount of spread that goes beyond the cutoff on halogen housings will not be "blinding" people if your headlights are properly aligned to the correct angle. This is what 99% of people do not do, so when you see a car shooting to high, you are chalking it up to some "ricer" that put a HID kit into a halogen housing. This does not make it true, sorry. On top of this, looking at the vehicle you drive, you are going to be much lower than most people because you 1) have a low to ground small car, and 2) it looks lowered. So you will be blinded by a good deal of cars because you choose to make your car lower than stock. The same when I have jacked up trucks riding behind me with normal halogen bulbs...they are shining right into my window. There are too many factors involved that can cause someone lights to blind people, so to chalke it all up to 1 reason and label them ricers shows me you have very little experience in them. Also, I would seriously look at your own vehicle before you call someone a ricer because you have a ricey vehicle. I am not saying it doesn't look good because it does, but tons of people would label you a ricer.

speedminded
06-29-2009, 03:41 PM
This is a extremely dumb comment. Implying that I will say whatever to make a sale. I will tell you like it is and you can choose to buy them or not, I could care less. I will tell you exactly what it is from my 5+ years experience of selling and installing HID kits. I can call BS from idiots that come onto forums at state things that have heard, read, or dealt with on the 1-2 HID Kits they owned. As said before, to have a clean cutoff, then projectors are the way to go. The small amount of spread that goes beyond the cutoff on halogen housings will not be "blinding" people if your headlights are properly aligned to the correct angle. This is what 99% of people do not do, so when you see a car shooting to high, you are chalking it up to some "ricer" that put a HID kit into a halogen housing. This does not make it true, sorry. On top of this, looking at the vehicle you drive, you are going to be much lower than most people because you 1) have a low to ground small car, and 2) it looks lowered. So you will be blinded by a good deal of cars because you choose to make your car lower than stock. The same when I have jacked up trucks riding behind me with normal halogen bulbs...they are shining right into my window. There are too many factors involved that can cause someone lights to blind people, so to chalke it all up to 1 reason and label them ricers shows me you have very little experience in them. Also, I would seriously look at your own vehicle before you call someone a ricer because you have a ricey vehicle. I am not saying it doesn't look good because it does, but tons of people would label you a ricer.lolol! Is it the Ohlin coil-overs, rollbar, wheels, or turbo that makes it "ricey"? To a hardcore domestic owner that is too ignorant to appreciate all well prepared cars of all makes and models, then yes it is. To someone that is familiar with decades of sports cars and motorsports, then no it's not even close.

While driving down the road you can see other peoples headlights right? It doesn't matter what direction they are aimed, you can still see the light correct?

If that same light with the exact same angle is increased by solely swapping out the bulb then it is emitting more light than before, at any angle in all directions. HID bulbs (say under 6k) do emit more light right?

Doppelgänger
06-29-2009, 04:48 PM
IF YOU HAVE SINGLE BEAM HEADLIGHTS, DO NOT PUT AN HID BULB IN YOUR HIGH BEAMS!!! WHEN YOU HIT THE HIGH, YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE LIGHT TO FADE IN. IT SUX!! I MADE THAT MISTAKE A WHILE AGO. TRUST ME. GET REGULAR HIGH BEAM BULBS. It looks great, but sux!!!
Holyfuckingshit....really? Really...........?

I hate when fucksticks come running into a thread and are too lazy to read one goddamn page before posting and post replies that were pulled straight out of their ass.

Elbow
06-29-2009, 04:53 PM
I thought we can't bash except in the WL, and no sponsor bashing, please take this somewhere else Mike.

Doppelgänger
06-29-2009, 05:08 PM
post moved.

slimm
06-29-2009, 05:09 PM
Holyfuckingshit....really? Really...........?

I hate when fucksticks come running into a thread and are too lazy to read one goddamn page before posting and post replies that were pulled straight out of their ass.
hold up bruh. you might wanna take that down 2 notches. i simply put in my input. dont get mad b/c you're a dickhead asking a dumb ass question.

i hope u get banned.

slimm
06-29-2009, 05:11 PM
I thought we can't bash except in the WL, and no sponsor bashing, please take this somewhere else Mike.
not supposed to, but who follows rules?!!:thinking:

Doppelgänger
06-29-2009, 05:15 PM

a) Post number #38 is not bashing... I did not specifically pointed it at a single person.

So slimm, coming in with caps blazing on something that wasn't even being duscussed got you recognition as the first part of that quite, the nice space and second part of that reply was my frustration of the multiple people posting out of left field....if it was all directed toward you, then I would have made it all one paragrapgh. Reading post #25 may have saved you the over use of caps or even that entire post :)

b) "bashing" refers to saying stuff that is way out of line for the conversation. Now if I had directed something at DynamicSound with something like "you're a fucking idiot for posting this shit I can't believe you scam people into buying this crap and you're fucking retarded".....then yes, that would be bashing. But I am not reverting to such conversation (DS- The above statement was for demonstration purposes and I would hope you realize I will not deal with you like that...it's completely possible to have a debate without going overboard)

Doppelgänger
06-29-2009, 05:34 PM
This is a extremely dumb comment. Implying that I will say whatever to make a sale. I will tell you like it is and you can choose to buy them or not, I could care less. I will tell you exactly what it is from my 5+ years experience of selling and installing HID kits. I can call BS from idiots that come onto forums at state things that have heard, read, or dealt with on the 1-2 HID Kits they owned. As said before, to have a clean cutoff, then projectors are the way to go. The small amount of spread that goes beyond the cutoff on halogen housings will not be "blinding" people if your headlights are properly aligned to the correct angle. This is what 99% of people do not do, so when you see a car shooting to high, you are chalking it up to some "ricer" that put a HID kit into a halogen housing. This does not make it true, sorry. On top of this, looking at the vehicle you drive, you are going to be much lower than most people because you 1) have a low to ground small car, and 2) it looks lowered. So you will be blinded by a good deal of cars because you choose to make your car lower than stock. The same when I have jacked up trucks riding behind me with normal halogen bulbs...they are shining right into my window. There are too many factors involved that can cause someone lights to blind people, so to chalke it all up to 1 reason and label them ricers shows me you have very little experience in them. Also, I would seriously look at your own vehicle before you call someone a ricer because you have a ricey vehicle. I am not saying it doesn't look good because it does, but tons of people would label you a ricer.

I was waiting for this reply.

I am not referring to the little bit of scattered light that all headlights give out. I am referring to the countless times that i've seen this done where light is point all over the place..even with the hotspot pointed about 20 ft in front of the car. Besides, taking pictures of lights that are <10ft away from a wall with a crappy camera don't really show how much scatter is happening.

This is how most HID/reflectors look when the person with the camera takes a proper picture that displays the glare/scatter..which isn't small by any means. So you're going to tell me the light patterns in these pics is just fine and that they won't cause oncoming drivers any problems?

http://faqlight.carpassion.info/images/AutolampsPrelude2.jpg

http://girlintheblackcar.com/images/Vette/UtahVettes/vettehids.JPG

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/10/web/2818000-2818999/2818495_97_full.jpg

http://i34.tinypic.com/123tjtf.jpg

With the above pictures, aiming the headlight down won't do shit for all of that glare.

Oh and do you really think I don't realize I drive a faily low vehicle? Really? Maybe that explains why everyone's light looked so bright to me for the past 6 years! Who would have thought! Thanks for pointing that out to me!

I still can tell the difference between lights aimed correctly and ricer bullshit. :rolleyes:

And the reason for my comment is that through this entire thread you have yet to acknowledge that there is blinding glare/scatter like what I have posted above. I'd like you to point out some reasons/facts/diagrams/specific designs as to when putting HIDs in reflectors can work with no light scatter/glare. But simply stating "there is no problem with doing it" is not exactly a way to show your side of this debate.