PDA

View Full Version : Misc Cost of a relationship..

tony
06-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Ever just tally up what you've spent (or going to spend) on your relationship and think.. "damn the things I could have done.." I'm just having one of those moments right now.

Tracy
06-26-2009, 09:13 AM
I'm sure Dan does that every time he thinks about how he had to double his money spent by having a 2 car drift team. If he didn't have me, he prolly could have had a brand new drift car and rig.

That being said, we had a fricking blast, so I hope it was worth it.

Corolla_TC
06-26-2009, 09:13 AM
ever seen how much you have spent at the strip club and thought "you know how many chicks i know would have actually gave it up for 1/4 of that"

tony
06-26-2009, 09:19 AM
At the end of the day I'd much rather have her in my bed than toys to play with in the garage but damn, when she starts hitting that nerve every so often its like "woman.. do you know what I COULD be doing right now?" lol

Tracy I don't think any guy (mature and in his right mind) would trade in a good woman, I doubt you have anything to worry about.

Tracy
06-26-2009, 09:24 AM
At the end of the day I'd much rather have her in my bed than toys to play with in the garage but damn, when she starts hitting that nerve every so often its like "woman.. do you know what I COULD be doing right now?" lol

Tracy I don't think any guy (mature and in his right mind) would trade in a good woman, I doubt you have anything to worry about.

I am def. not worried about breaking up. I know what Dan and I have. He is my best friend.

BUT I know how much he does for me and how much he could have without me. Actually, I take that back. I have been with him since before he had money. I think I actually helped him make all of his money and sometimes I forget that now that I don't go to the shop everyday.

So the real question is...what could I have without him!!!?? hrrrmmmmmmm?

Kevykev
06-26-2009, 09:25 AM
My wife look like the high maintenance type but is Genuinely the COMPLETE OPPOSITE.

This girl will drop the curling iron and help me do yard work.

She has NOT costed me much thank God!

SiRed94
06-26-2009, 12:05 PM
Ever just tally up what you've spent (or going to spend) on your relationship and think.. "damn the things I could have done.." I'm just having one of those moments right now.

Yeah, they are sunk costs. Unless, you end up marrying them, then I guess everything was an investment. Any time you go out, the price automatically doubles. You have birthdays, Christmas, anniversaries, Valentine's, etc. Being in a relationship is expensive, for the guy.

Master Shake
06-26-2009, 01:00 PM
i'd probably have a fully built and boosted car hitting like 12's by now if i saved all the cash i spent with my girl.

but you know what, i don't care, and honestly, it's worth it. i'm still with her and i love it. i'd take her over any car any day.

The Ren
06-26-2009, 01:04 PM
The worst is when you have a failed relationship and you realize how much you spent... on the relationship, on them... urg!

Thundercat
06-26-2009, 01:07 PM
i'm rollin dutch for as long as i can or till i know i have a good woman on my side..then maybe the marriage thing plays in....

till then MOB

JR VQ 30 de
06-26-2009, 07:08 PM
The worst is when you have a failed relationship and you realize how much you spent... on the relationship, on them... urg!

+ 1

Firefightin_tC
06-26-2009, 08:15 PM

Amen to that!

Now, the hard part is finding them!

03RCode
06-26-2009, 08:22 PM
Honestly, when I finally split with my ex realizing how much time/money I wasted on her got to me more than losing someone I spent 2+ years with. I put my wants/needs on hold to please her, big mistake. I have to say I learned alot from it, and live a much happier life since then though.

okra1981
06-26-2009, 08:45 PM
Now that I've been with my girl for over five years, I don't care about impressing anyone, so I don't spend much money on clothes or anything and can geek out on some little cheap car, whenever I can afford to get one. The vagina totally makes up for it though.

greasemunkey
06-27-2009, 12:12 AM
its like when you buy a girl a ring they finally have proof that they had you wrapped around their finger the whole time and they win. thats when they quit playing the game..

LizBiz
06-27-2009, 11:47 AM
I spent a lot in my previous relationship, when I'd go out and see something he'd like I'd get it for him. I like to try to keep it as mutual as possible, he shouldn't be the only one paying for dinner blah blah.

If we are in a relationship we shouldn't "look down on" (lack of a better word) paying for him, or splitting a bill. Some women think a man is SUPPOSE to do this and SUPPOSE to pay for that. In actuality a relationship is nothing but to INDIVIDUALS coming together. If I need help he'll help me, If he needs help I'll help him, and sometimes it's not the girl actually spending...its more so the offer that counts.

speed_ga
06-27-2009, 12:25 PM
if only every girl thought that way:)

AlanŽ
06-27-2009, 12:55 PM
I spent a lot in my previous relationship, when I'd go out and see something he'd like I'd get it for him. I like to try to keep it as mutual as possible, he shouldn't be the only one paying for dinner blah blah.

If we are in a relationship we shouldn't "look down on" (lack of a better word) paying for him, or splitting a bill. Some women think a man is SUPPOSE to do this and SUPPOSE to pay for that. In actuality a relationship is nothing but to INDIVIDUALS coming together. If I need help he'll help me, If he needs help I'll help him, and sometimes it's not the girl actually spending...its more so the offer that counts.

Honestly, when I finally split with my ex realizing how much time/money I wasted on her got to me more than losing someone I spent 2+ years with. I put my wants/needs on hold to please her, big mistake. I have to say I learned alot from it, and live a much happier life since then though.

QFT AND REPS! The two of you totally hit the nail on the head. Too me the money doesn't even come into the equation when I 'm with someone I really care about. So long as I kno she appreciates what I'm doing for her it's worth it to me. Unfortunately though the last girl I was with began to take it all for granted and after awhile nothing I did for her was good enough. I'm like Zach I gave up a lot to be with my last girl and hind sight being 20/20 I shouldnt have. I constantly put her wants and needs before mine and hardly ever did anything for myself. And when I did finally do something for myself I'd feel bad about it.

I think the only time the money should be a worry is when you get to be like me and youve been out dating and playing the field for the last 6 months and you realize youve spent 2K and have nothing to show for it.

Black4DrEK
06-27-2009, 01:23 PM
^ yea.. i agree with those two.. very well put..

I just learned the HARD WAY , AGAIN!!! i just went threw a kinda nasty breakup...

Then you sit there and THINK so hard, SMOKE back to back Thinkin Of ALL THE LOSES!!!!

It sucks it FVCKING SUCKS!!! I have learned alot tho.. but ehh im Young.. :blah:

Dont chase them , Replace them.

They will realize they too have lost something Very good and special, but till then Life goes on.. :no:

SPOOLIN
06-27-2009, 07:51 PM
My wife look like the high maintenance type but is Genuinely the COMPLETE OPPOSITE.

This girl will drop the curling iron and help me do yard work.

She has NOT costed me much thank God!

I hear ya!

X-Runner
06-27-2009, 08:06 PM

I like your thinking here. I dated a girl last year (now one of my best friends) and I had just gotten laid off so I had no money really. She paid for everything if we went out, never bitched or made a big deal of it. Helped me out when she could etc. Now I have a great job and she got laid off, so I help her when I can.

Compare that to another girl I dated, still had no job and she seemed cool with it... until she had to start paying for stuff if she wanted to go out. She would hold it over my head and try to make me feel bad for not having the money to do/buy whatever. It was all I could do to pay my bills, much less anything else. I asked to borrow $20 while we were still dating so I could get to my new job and make some damn money and she flipped out on me, "I can't believe your asking me for money, your the guy, your don't ask a woman for money" etc. So I asked the first girl I was telling you about, she gave it to me and wouldn't let me pay her back. IDK just the difference in people I guess.

punkr6
06-27-2009, 08:35 PM

Amen Brother...

SPOOLIN
06-27-2009, 09:44 PM
i didn't have to buy my wife some 2,000$ engagement ring, i had bought her a nice ring that wasn't to expensive a little before hand and she said it would be a retarded waste to go and buy her a ring when we could use that money for the things we do now and for our house. yee haw for non materialistic bitches.

Halfwit
06-28-2009, 07:12 PM
ive had a few relationships end because of this subject. i make decent money, and im not shy about taking a girl out, but when after a few months they expect it, dont appreciate it, and even start asking for you to take them out, i jsut frown to myself.

story.

one girl, i really liked, we had been dating for few months, we would go out 2-3 times a week. i always paid. conversation..

-- is the girl

--lets go get some dinner
im not hungry, if you want to eat, ill go with you.
--im not going to eat alone..pleeeese
im not hungry.
--im hungry!
ok, ill have a few chips and get something to drink

we get there and she keeps pushing me to get something. so i order a taco. (mexican restaurant) well i pick at it, she eats her meal, and the check comes.

she makes no move and i ask her if she is going to pay for it. she looks at me like im the most worthless person in the world. she pays, i thank her....but shes bitchy and i end up leaving that night. that incident caused us to break up because i expressed my concern on her taking me for granted, ect.

anyway- lessons learned and now i jsut try to find a girl that is jsut as happy watching a movie at home, than eating out every night.

like lizbiz said, im not trying to make a girl pay, but it would be nice if the offer was thrown out there from time to time. i think as relationships get more serious, things should level out. its not jsut 1 person getting something out of the relationship (companionship,love,ect) so why should 1 person put in.

its also a maturity thing. at younger ages, girls arent looking for a guy that they see a future with. they are looking to have a good time. and whoever can provide that, is going to get the girl.

LizBiz
06-28-2009, 08:02 PM
I think it's definitely a maturity thing. Girls want to be taken care of. Once we cross over into being a woman we know we can take care of ourselves, don't have to prove anything to any man. A man is not there to take care of us, he's there because he completes you. It's not his job to take care of you, and make you happy. It's nice to have romantic surprises like flowers and such, things that are not a necessity but a way to show affection. But don't EXPECT a man to do anything except be faithful and truthful if he is the one for you.

Edit: Men want to care for their woman, and provide for her....but a woman should not expect it out of him.

Jecht
06-29-2009, 12:38 AM
ive had a few relationships end because of this subject. i make decent money, and im not shy about taking a girl out, but when after a few months they expect it, dont appreciate it, and even start asking for you to take them out, i jsut frown to myself.

story.

one girl, i really liked, we had been dating for few months, we would go out 2-3 times a week. i always paid. conversation..

-- is the girl

--lets go get some dinner
im not hungry, if you want to eat, ill go with you.
--im not going to eat alone..pleeeese
im not hungry.
--im hungry!
ok, ill have a few chips and get something to drink

we get there and she keeps pushing me to get something. so i order a taco. (mexican restaurant) well i pick at it, she eats her meal, and the check comes.

she makes no move and i ask her if she is going to pay for it. she looks at me like im the most worthless person in the world. she pays, i thank her....but shes bitchy and i end up leaving that night. that incident caused us to break up because i expressed my concern on her taking me for granted, ect.

anyway- lessons learned and now i jsut try to find a girl that is jsut as happy watching a movie at home, than eating out every night.

like lizbiz said, im not trying to make a girl pay, but it would be nice if the offer was thrown out there from time to time. i think as relationships get more serious, things should level out. its not jsut 1 person getting something out of the relationship (companionship,love,ect) so why should 1 person put in.

its also a maturity thing. at younger ages, girls arent looking for a guy that they see a future with. they are looking to have a good time. and whoever can provide that, is going to get the girl.

Putting our past stupid arguments aside, I completely agree with you. I put way too much money into my relationship of two years with my ex because I thought I saw a future. Playing true to what you have said, she was looking for a good time and ended up sleeping with a local party-goer. The dependable guy that doesn't fool around wasn't good enough.

Oh so much money I spent. I was a complete fool.

ueyedgr8tness
06-30-2009, 10:45 PM
Shoot man all the spending habits come from me.I am sure my wife is thinking the same thing you are considering i blowed 50k of her college $ in 6 months sometimes i feel like a total fu**tard.But on the brightside atleast she is not like the ex gf that use to blow all my $ at mall every fri:( so i guess my blessings coming back.