PDA

View Full Version : burning oil and o2 sensor help

Mr. Panda
06-26-2009, 03:13 AM
i own an ef hatch with an ls swap in it and i was wondering if it is possible to pass emmisions with my motor buring oil. not alot or anything. and also i do not have any o2 sensors on my headers or cat. do i need them? 1 or both? and on cat or headers? i just have caps where they should go.

sorry about all these questions but i need to take emmissions soon. i want to know if it might be better to pay a place to "take care of my problem" for a bit more of an expense, instead of fixing what might be needed

Mr. Panda
06-30-2009, 03:43 AM
please help

Franco Tirador
07-07-2009, 01:17 PM
if its not burning a whole lot it should pass, i would barrow an 02 sensor from someone or buy one and put it on by the cat, you at least have a cat so that should burn some of the emmissions, and hopefully you still have the plugs for an 02 sensor on your engine harness, if you fail the test, next time you go its free, and if you still fail you can pay to have it faked, its like 100 if your car is obd1, but a bit more expensive if its obd2

Mr. Panda
07-08-2009, 06:15 AM
yeah thanks. i welded a brand new spoon cat on and wasnt sure what else was needed. when i bought the car it it had no cat.

the wires are for the o2 sensor is still there but no harness. shouldnt be too hard to hook up a new sensor anyway right?

Franco Tirador
07-12-2009, 11:50 PM
you mean the wires are on the harness but they dont have the connector? if thats the case just go get a connector from any civic, connect it to the harness and plug the sensor to it, im having the same problem, good thing the guy i bought it from paid the 100 to fake the papers, so now i bought a magnaflow cat and oh crap, i have not even checked if my harness still has the connector for an o2 sensor, i dont even know if the car has a sensor, i need to get on that

hope your passes dude

Franco Tirador
08-16-2009, 10:20 PM
so did you pass?

Barefoot
08-22-2009, 12:40 AM
so did you pass?that dude hasnt logged back on since his last post. im sure hes not coming back.

Franco Tirador
09-16-2009, 12:00 PM
that dude hasnt logged back on since his last post. im sure hes not coming back.
:(:D

true