PDA

View Full Version : Misc I need help - need to track someone via phone#/need a title for a car

afwfjustin
06-25-2009, 08:48 PM
I bought a car from someone about 2 months ago and I am getting ready to fix and sell it. There is no bill of sale. I only know her first name, and the location where I had the tow truck guy pick it up (her boyfriend's parent's house).

She never registered the car: she bought it from a guy who signed the title over to her, she signed the title, but never registered it. I told her that she'd have to get it registered and send it to me - which she was totally cool with. In the past 2 months, I have tried endlessly calling her, leaving voice and text messages, trying to get this title. She answers me 1/5 times, and when she does she says that she got it in her name but is always busy and cannot meet me, and always says she can do it the next day, then won't answer for a week.

I've tried calling from other numbers, and either her or her boyfriend will answer and they just play dumb. I've even offered to pay the cost for her to title it but she doesn't respond.

What can I do? I'm thinking of driving to her boyfriend's parent's house and asking them for help. If that does not work, how would I go about titling this car?

Also, I found this website, www.reversewebdetective.com (http://www.reversewebdetective.com/) and will give the address of where the phone is listed at. The girl is 19 (and a meth addict I think) and I think the phone plan is with her parents. It's 14.95 to check, anyone use this service before?

Thanks,
Justin