PDA

View Full Version : whered my fuel pressure go?

hurlyfire7
06-25-2009, 08:45 PM
ive got a 1991 DA and just replaced the fuel pump/filter today.. and now ive hit another snag, when i start the car it turns over but doesnt crank up.. "like no fuel is gettin to the engine" also the pump wont always turn on when i turn the key in the ignition... so im thinking it may be my relay "which ill replace tmrw when oreilys opens" but if thats not the problem what could it be? ive checked all the wiring with a volt meter and it seems fine.. the pump is hooked up correctly and everything.. its just not getting gas, also the gauge on my pressure regulator reads 0.. this is so aggrivating

thanks for your help

Murph

Barefoot
06-25-2009, 09:15 PM
if u have power at the pump your relay is fine. u might just have a bad new pump if u have power at the pump but it still doesnt come on.

hurlyfire7
06-25-2009, 09:38 PM
I had to have someone jiggle the relay for it to come on..I also bypassed the relay and the pump seemed to run fine?

Barefoot
06-25-2009, 09:57 PM
I had to have someone jiggle the relay for it to come on..I also bypassed the relay and the pump seemed to run fine?all info that should have been in your first post. cant give a good guess without knowing all the facts.

gerardojdm
06-25-2009, 10:07 PM
jump the fuel pump to the battery then put it back on

hurlyfire7
06-25-2009, 10:35 PM
all info that should have been in your first post. cant give a good guess without knowing all the facts.
That wasnt in my first post cuz i hadnt tried it.. I had my brother jiggle the relay and it would hit a "sweet spot" and the pump would switch on.. Im hoping its my relay, at least everything seems to be leading tht way...

Gerardojdm.. What u said doesnt make sense?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Barefoot
06-25-2009, 11:24 PM
get a new relay problem solved.

hurlyfire7
06-25-2009, 11:29 PM
Ok cool, im prayin thats actually the problem and its not somethin retarded... Reps to u sir!!

Barefoot
06-25-2009, 11:30 PM
Ok cool, im prayin thats actually the problem and its not somethin retarded... Reps to u sir!!yah if i wiggle it and it works the contacts on the inside are bad. u can open it up and resolder them if u know what u are doing.

hurlyfire7
06-26-2009, 02:03 PM
I was doin some research and found out that i may have crossed the terminals so instead of the pump sucking its blowing instead..? Thats my dads thoery on why my fuel pressure gauge reads 0..I doubt thats whats happening but still.. is it possible for that to happen?

Screw fixin the relay, id rather spend $20 and order one from my stepdads shop..

Thanks for the help barefoot

Barefoot
06-26-2009, 02:30 PM
I was doin some research and found out that i may have crossed the terminals so instead of the pump sucking its blowing instead..? Thats my dads thoery on why my fuel pressure gauge reads 0..I doubt thats whats happening but still.. is it possible for that to happen?

Screw fixin the relay, id rather spend $20 and order one from my stepdads shop..

Thanks for the help barefootiv enever heard or seen anybody do it backward so thats on u.

hurlyfire7
06-26-2009, 03:41 PM
im pretty dang sure i split and reconnected the wires correctly, i didnt even think the pump would run backwards if it were wired up wrong.. "i think my stepdad thinks im stupid or somethin" anyways.. i have to wait untill he gets off work to mess with the car any further so ill post whats goin on than.. thanks again dude!!

Barefoot
06-26-2009, 04:43 PM
hold u had to splice into wire when u put the new pump in. if thats the case u might have done it backward. lol 1 more thing should have been in the OP.

hurlyfire7
06-26-2009, 06:43 PM
Cars fixed now, it was a combination of me not knowing what to do and my relay.. Thanks for all ur help barefoot

Barefoot
06-26-2009, 10:23 PM
np