PDA

View Full Version : iphone jailbreak

The Ninja
06-25-2009, 11:20 AM
All you iphone users try to make it seem like customizing the iphone (including jailbreaking) is the easiest thing in the world. How full of shit you are!

I finally get the shit jailbroken, then I can't browse it through explorer, so I gotta go get a program to allow me to browse it and then do some bullshit with the services. Finally get to browse root files, then fucking itunes doesn't want to recognize my god damn iphone. SHIT IS PISSING ME OFF!!!! I've got it jailbroken, and I need/want it jailbroken so I can have my fucking ringtones, but I want to sync my god damn music with motherfuckin itunes, but it seems i can't have my fuckin cake and eat that motherfucker too. WHAT THE FUCK IS THE CAKE FOR??? DECORATION?!!?!?

God damn... FUCK Apple. FUCK itunes, FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

/rant

Can someone please explain to my why i can't get my iphone 3g to be recognized by itunes 8.2 AS WELL as be able to browse it with winscp AND let it remain jailbroken so I can make my ringtones. This should not be that hard to do damnit, its one of the main reasons for the fuckin jailbreak god damnit. With my tilt the shit was easy, plug it in. Browse to the folder...fuck i didn't even have to choose a folder, I could just drop it anywhere in the phone and put it in the ringtone folder on the go. Nooooooooooo... not witht he iphone. You gotta do this, then convert the files, then jailbreak, then do that, then get it to browse from pc, then put it in the right folder, THEN YOU CAN'T EVEN CHANGE THE TEXT RINGTONES????

Someone, please help me...reps will be given along with :boobies: :boobies:

Thanks in advance...

JmDubz
06-25-2009, 11:51 AM
what did you jail break your phone with?

The Ninja
06-25-2009, 11:52 AM
redsn0w

should i use ultrasn0w?

james
06-25-2009, 12:08 PM
i think quickpwn is the industry standard for jailbreaking/unlocking. its what i used, and everyone that i know have used.

as far as your concerns...

itunes is a total bitch. its just about the worst software ive ever used. so you are trying to browse the files on the phone through explorer? why? not sure why you would want to do that. maybe i am not understanding correctly.

yes or no, you are definitely browsing the wrong forums for this. importatlanta is not an all in one forum. go to an iphone forum. modmyi.com or search google.

ShooterMcGavin
06-25-2009, 01:09 PM
if you're into making ringtones i highly suggest audiko.net

The Ninja
06-25-2009, 01:18 PM
I prefer to use Audacity, I'm familiar with it and it does eerythig I need it to do as well as being free.

I thought quickpwn was for [email protected] software. They aren't very good at distinguishig betweenthe two. And so far xda developers >>>>>> iPhone developers lol. When I get home I'll probably give quickpwn a try. I want to browse the files of the iPhone because that's how I organize the ringtones and place them in the correct folder.

The Ninja
06-25-2009, 01:20 PM
I owe you some reps, for some reason the rep pop up isn't loading the page on my iPhone. This thing could be so much more awesome, but I'm pretty satisfied for $100

Korupshun SXE10
06-26-2009, 09:39 PM
Watch a youtube video on how to jailbreak 3.0 with redsn0w. That might help. I am a first time iphone user too. I jailbroke and unlocked the phone myself on my hackintosh. It really is fairly simple. I can't believe people charge $30 on craiglist to do such a simple task. Good luck.

.blank cd
06-27-2009, 12:00 AM
I have a non jailbroken iphone and have no problem whatsoever with ringtones, syncing to iTunes, or anything. Jailbreak FTL

gtikid
06-27-2009, 08:25 AM
I have a non jailbroken iphone and have no problem whatsoever with ringtones, syncing to iTunes, or anything. Jailbreak FTL

Jailbreak FTW.....try it out. It makes the iphone a MUCH better device

NickW
06-27-2009, 10:50 AM
Watch a youtube video on how to jailbreak 3.0 with redsn0w. That might help. I am a first time iphone user too. I jailbroke and unlocked the phone myself on my hackintosh. It really is fairly simple. I can't believe people charge $30 on craiglist to do such a simple task. Good luck.

x2. I youtube'd mine and it was pretty strait-foward and easy.

.blank cd
06-28-2009, 12:59 AM
I tried. I couldnt get cydia or icy to download anything. RESTORED. Thanks anyway, redsn0w

acermonkey
07-08-2009, 10:55 PM
If ur still using ATT, jailbreak ur iphone only and do not unlock it. If u want to use ur iphone for other carrier such as Tmobile then unlock it. The reason is after u unlock, the 3g internet will get fuk up.

The Ninja
07-12-2009, 12:25 AM
Well....I fixed it. =/