PDA

View Full Version : Sams Club Giving Kids Candy In Pill Bottles-- WTF!?!?!

YoTa_BoX
06-25-2009, 07:35 AM
http://consumerist.com/5299890/sams-club-giving-kids-candy-in-pill-bottles

The Sam's Club in Salisbury, Maryland, is promoting its pharmacy by handing out pill bottles filled with candy to kids. I guess that's better than filling Dots boxes with Vicodin. Or handing out gallon-sized jugs of Nerds.

On the downside, as a pill recipient at Salisbury News notes, "Now my 3 year old thinks all prescription pill bottles are just tasty snacks".

I can't wait to see what's next. Wal-Mart promoting its gun department with the Pez "suicide" dispenser?

PURP
06-25-2009, 07:43 AM
Good job Wal-Mart... :goodjob:

DJ Maestro
06-25-2009, 07:44 AM
Good job Wal-Mart... :goodjob:

Walmart didn't do anything....just it's member's only sister branch. :yes:

Paul
06-25-2009, 07:50 AM
actually that is a common practice... my wife actually has daily medicine charts for kids that they get their parents to sign off on so when they come back to the pharmacy w/ their chart filled out they get a prize ;)

parents should be more worried about watching their children than policing the world.

ShooterMcGavin
06-25-2009, 08:08 AM
el oh el

TSiFTW
06-25-2009, 08:14 AM
actually that is a common practice... my wife actually has daily medicine charts for kids that they get their parents to sign off on so when they come back to the pharmacy w/ their chart filled out they get a prize ;)

parents should be more worried about watching their children than policing the world.

Troof. Don't blame it on Sams. Blame it on the parents that don't give a fuck enought to tell their kids NO.

YoTa_BoX
06-25-2009, 08:41 AM
Oh come on..putting candy IN the pill bottle? I can understand if a kid gets rewarded for taking all his/her pills that month and what not..but this is to promote their pharmacy...by putting candy in pill bottles...how is that not fucked up. How many ppl with kids out there...and i mean young kids do exactly what you tell them to do or not to do the first time you tell them...every time, if you say you have a child like that your lieing your ass off

Its inherent for every child to be mischief, to be curious, to do what he/she is told not to do. Now you throw into the equation that candy comes from a fucking pill bottle..

Paul
06-25-2009, 09:37 AM
Oh come on..putting candy IN the pill bottle? I can understand if a kid gets rewarded for taking all his/her pills that month and what not..but this is to promote their pharmacy...by putting candy in pill bottles...how is that not fucked up. How many ppl with kids out there...and i mean young kids do exactly what you tell them to do or not to do the first time you tell them...every time, if you say you have a child like that your lieing your ass off

Its inherent for every child to be mischief, to be curious, to do what he/she is told not to do. Now you throw into the equation that candy comes from a fucking pill bottle..

it still comes down to parenting... people in this day in age look for any excuse to bitch about everything they can... hence: child proof tops, tv-ma ratings, no smoking, no peanut butter in schools, etc, etc, etc.... the sue happy and soccer mom activist are ruining this country along w/ politicians/lawyers.

you don't want your kid getting into your pill bottles put the top on and keep them away from your bed side; crying over this is fucking retarded. i guess we need to take all candy cigarettes/big league chew off candy store shelves b/c it promotes smoking/dip :rolleyes:

DJ Maestro
06-25-2009, 09:43 AM
If people would just stop having children this would no longer be an issue. :goodjob: :D

T.S.
06-25-2009, 11:09 AM
I likes big league chew....

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f2/Tpstine/funny.jpg

JDMbabe
06-25-2009, 11:54 AM
well gah damn..

Crazy Asian
06-25-2009, 11:56 AM
Ran, Jorge, Brett, JM and I have been doing this for ages. Why do you they grow to be messed up by taking all those over the counter pills? They think it's candy.