PDA

View Full Version : Whiteknights CAUTION DO NOT BUY CARS FROM.

Elbow
06-24-2009, 01:54 PM
Fixed.

Corolla_TC
06-24-2009, 02:02 PM
sorry to hear about all that. thanks for the heads up

p3tey2
06-24-2009, 03:19 PM
That sucks man

silversol
06-24-2009, 03:26 PM
I dont know either of you guys I am not takeing sides on this! If he owes you parts he should give them to you. why did you not get them when you bought the car? and the issues you listed did you not inspect the car before you bought it? the issues you listed are easy to see drive and look over the car. but its hard to bitch about a 1400$ car that run and drives.

Cool Cat Racing
06-24-2009, 08:34 PM
He was boasting on 240atlanta about how he found an E30 for $900 and then 2 weeks later was trying to sell it for way more than its worth. You can still find his threads over there if you want more info.

EJ25RUN
06-24-2009, 08:49 PM
He was boasting on 240atlanta about how he found an E30 for $900 and then 2 weeks later was trying to sell it for way more than its worth. You can still find his threads over there if you want more info.

Post this. Scammers need to be addressed for everyone to see.

X-Runner
06-24-2009, 08:53 PM
Post this. Scammers need to be addressed for everyone to see.

How is buying a car cheap and flipping it make you a scammer? Now if he didn't listed all the issues with it thats another thing.

EJ25RUN
06-24-2009, 08:58 PM
How is buying a car cheap and flipping it make you a scammer? Now if he didn't listed all the issues with it thats another thing.

That's still there to be judged. If he as Simon said sold the car without giving the parts and details on what might be wrong then that's a scam.

Elbow
06-25-2009, 06:13 AM
Fixed.

Vteckidd
06-25-2009, 09:29 AM
SOrry man, you just learned a tough lesson.

Its called BUYER BEWARE not SELLER BEWARE. It is up to you to inspect the car thoroughly before purchase. The issues you listed, those are all things a simple once over from a mechanic could have spotted or figured out. Once you purchase a vehicle all problems are assumed by you. So in that regard, while he may have lied or stretched the truth, that is not "scamming" anyone.

Scamming would be saying it had a brand new engine, or a clean title, and neither of those being true.

As far as the parts, i cant say this enough. If someone is throwing something in on a deal or "owes" you parts but doesnt have them with him at the time of the sale, you can pretty much assume you will NEVER SEE THOSE ITEMS.

You better have a bill of sale and have it notarized , but even then what are you going to do sue him for $200 in parts?

Elbow
06-25-2009, 01:33 PM
Fixed.

X-Runner
06-25-2009, 02:58 PM
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241128

Tech5
06-25-2009, 06:11 PM
SOrry man, you just learned a tough lesson.

Its called BUYER BEWARE not SELLER BEWARE. It is up to you to inspect the car thoroughly before purchase. The issues you listed, those are all things a simple once over from a mechanic could have spotted or figured out. Once you purchase a vehicle all problems are assumed by you. So in that regard, while he may have lied or stretched the truth, that is not "scamming" anyone.

Scamming would be saying it had a brand new engine, or a clean title, and neither of those being true.

As far as the parts, i cant say this enough. If someone is throwing something in on a deal or "owes" you parts but doesnt have them with him at the time of the sale, you can pretty much assume you will NEVER SEE THOSE ITEMS.

You better have a bill of sale and have it notarized , but even then what are you going to do sue him for $200 in parts?

Indeed Mike!

DynamicSound
06-25-2009, 07:07 PM
When are people going to learn. Do not buy something used unless you fully inspect it. Do not pay anything until everything that is in the deal is there. It gets to a point where I do not feel sorry at all because the red flags were everywhere.

ueyedgr8tness
06-25-2009, 08:17 PM
LOL! screw that broke kid he made all kind of comments on my for sale thread just because i had built what he was trying to build but couldn't afford it.So he trashed my thread not to mention the kid is a low life and is a DIY that has no clue what he is doing under the hood.

On the other hand simon i feel you and total understand your point.I got a hatch from a dude a month ago and picked up the title today and found out it was rebuilt when he stated it was clear before.This is my bad considering i didnt get the title upon handing the $ lie or lies regaurdless it end up being my fault because i payed him and it was a done deal with out me even looking into the title to see if his word was tru:( so were both eating to stuff we should of checked bro so i would just say hard lesson learned and leave it alone and don't do like i did and after handing $ up front 2 another well known member on IA and getting screwed.But i havent made a thread about it because i should be getting smarter than more dumb:cry:

sogood
06-25-2009, 10:10 PM
If it was mutually agreed upon that he would bring said parts to you once he got them, you should've had that put into writing in the bill of sale. At least you'd have some sort of recourse to act on then. As far as the other problems with the car go, pre purchase inspections exist for a reason. Yes, it's a cheap ass car, but that $100 spent on a PPI would've saved you in the long run (or short run, in this case). Hell, even if you "inspect" it yourself, how can you not see torn seat-belts or feel said vibrations when driving the car? Sounds like you're both to blame.

mushroom_toy
06-25-2009, 10:37 PM
My suggestion is to not be in a rush looking at cars or you will end up with a lemon.

TheGodfather
06-26-2009, 02:21 AM
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn286/kn1ckers93/advice1.jpg

Elbow
06-26-2009, 06:20 AM
Getting said parts tonight, the "issues" with it I can fix for cheap or free, just a pain.

southside
06-26-2009, 06:59 PM
I say you post pics of you deghetto fixn the car or GTFO LOL at dirtbike brake lever as a exhaust hanger.

Elbow
07-03-2009, 09:47 AM
Problems with seller fixed.