PDA

View Full Version : General Chat need some input here...

msanch24
06-23-2009, 09:40 PM
so here's the deal. I'm looking to see if anyone here has bought any coilovers from that ebay line that sells them for like sixty bucks. if so, lemme know what you thought about them. Don't waste everyones time posting about "do your car right, don't do everything cheap", i know that. I'm not in a position right now to drop 800 bucks on anything nice. thanks in advance guys.

lanning
06-23-2009, 09:42 PM
im sure they ride like they were sixty bucks... what are they goin on
sorry i just saw where it said prelude

MongolPup
06-23-2009, 09:44 PM
I thought they weren't even actually coilovers?

Z0_o6
06-23-2009, 09:45 PM
they are just coilover sleeves that are placed onto the shocks you currently have. the spring rates are stiff as fuck, they bounce and ride like hell. you are better off saving your money. People don't tell you to do it once and do it right for fun.

Elbow
06-23-2009, 09:47 PM
They are the shit if you want stiff rates to track, for a DD they may be bumpy. I have used them numerous times though with no issues. Lots of road race guys use them.

lanning
juts cut your stock springs it will be better if not the same

Scotsman
so here's the deal. I'm looking to see if anyone here has bought any coilovers from that ebay line that sells them for like sixty bucks. if so, lemme know what you thought about them. Don't waste everyones time posting about "do your car right, don't do everything cheap", i know that. I'm not in a position right now to drop 800 bucks on anything nice. thanks in advance guys.moved to the right section

msanch24
06-23-2009, 09:49 PM
they are just coilover sleeves that are placed onto the shocks you currently have. the spring rates are stiff as fuck, they bounce and ride like hell. you are better off saving your money. People don't tell you to do it once and do it right for fun.

haha i know but my stock springs are original from 267k miles so anything at this point is an upgrade. i would save if i had money coming in. damn school...

dabuilding
06-23-2009, 09:49 PM
i have them and yes there bouncy as hell but o well there cheep and will get u lowered i wish i had the other ebay ones tho because the ones i have dont go low enough even with just the springs no sleeves

msanch24
06-23-2009, 09:52 PM
i have them and yes there bouncy as hell but o well there cheep and will get u lowered i wish i had the other ebay ones tho because the ones i have dont go low enough even with just the springs no sleeves

which ones are the better ones?

Elbow
06-23-2009, 10:09 PM
Cutting is not as good as these.

Hell just buy some eBay coilovers and Ground Control springs.

msanch24
06-23-2009, 10:19 PM
Cutting is not as good as these.

Hell just buy some eBay coilovers and Ground Control springs.

thanks for the input man

Catnip
06-23-2009, 11:35 PM
Make sure you get good shocks. That's what most jackasses that tell you not to get them, don't realize. With good shocks, they're very decent like Simon said. I've had about 4 sets on different cars... NO complaints.

I actually just spent $400 on good ass shocks and $40 on the ebay coilovers... lol

speedminded
06-24-2009, 01:02 AM
The "coil-over" sleeves are just a threaded aluminum...does not matter who makes it as long as they thread properly. The spring does matter to a point, do you know the difference between a progressive and linear spring?

The most important part is the shocks. The point of UPGRADING suspension is to have the shocks (dampening/rebound) matched to the spring rate. A stock shock with an upgraded/stiffer spring will ride like crap.

msanch24
06-24-2009, 06:23 AM
The "coil-over" sleeves are just a threaded aluminum...does not matter who makes it as long as they thread properly. The spring does matter to a point, do you know the difference between a progressive and linear spring?

The most important part is the shocks. The point of UPGRADING suspension is to have the shocks (dampening/rebound) matched to the spring rate. A stock shock with an upgraded/stiffer spring will ride like crap.

thanks man that was a ton of help. and nope i dont know the difference lol