PDA

View Full Version : d15b2 head. Questions..

GorillaZoe
06-22-2009, 07:26 PM
Okay, so I'm looking to buy this EF hatch. Smokes white smoke, the seller told me its the head, the valve stems. Would/Will I have to change the whole head? the compression on the block is good. How hard is it to change the head? I just want to put the stock d15b2 head on it..

Any instruction threads? :ninja:
Pm me if anyone has one for sale or a d15b7 head. :goodjob:

Barefoot
06-22-2009, 07:35 PM
white smoke it coolant. u would have to pull the head change head gasket new head bolts or studs. get the head to a machine shop have the pressure check clean and mill it.

Z0_o6
06-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Drain coolant. Disconnect battery. Remove valve cover. Remove connections to intake manifold. Remove exhaust manifold. Unbolt head, lift and remove. Remove head gasket. Either fix or replace head. Installation is reverse of removal.

It is very self explanatory as you go. I would look at the head gasket as the most likely suspect, because white smoke indicates coolant. Does the smoke smell sweet? Does the oil look like chocolate milk?

Edit: damnit barefoot, are we just gonna alternate threads or what? :lmfao:

GorillaZoe
06-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Drain coolant. Disconnect battery. Remove valve cover. Remove connections to intake manifold. Remove exhaust manifold. Unbolt head, lift and remove. Remove head gasket. Either fix or replace head. Installation is reverse of removal.

It is very self explanatory as you go. I would look at the head gasket as the most likely suspect, because white smoke indicates coolant. Does the smoke smell sweet? Does the oil look like chocolate milk?

Edit: damnit barefoot, are we just gonna alternate threads or what? :lmfao:

Okay, cool. Thanks and it smells sweet and theres oil all over the motor, and yeah it looks like chocolate milk lol.

Well, heres a pic of the car. I drove it around the neighborhood. Runs good, just the smoke. :( 4spd A/c Is CRAZY! lol. 323k miles. Body isn't really bad. Clean title. $150..

http://i44.tinypic.com/14s9jq.jpg

JDM onlyy
06-22-2009, 07:52 PM
hmm seems like it has lots of potential. i dont fk with EF's no more because of the headache my last one gave me but they're really good cars for the most part.

GorillaZoe
06-22-2009, 07:55 PM
hmm seems like it has lots of potential. i dont fk with EF's no more because of the headache my last one gave me but they're really good cars for the most part.

Well, If I pick it up (most likely :D), It'll be the 5th EF in the whole family, lol. I've had 2 and my dad had 2, also. And they all ran pretty good.

We'll see, if i don't feel like fixing it, i'll sell the shell lol.

Scotsman
06-22-2009, 08:02 PM
Well, If I pick it up (most likely :D), It'll be the 5th EF in the whole family, lol. I've had 2 and my dad had 2, also. And they all ran pretty good.

We'll see, if i don't feel like fixing it, i'll sell the shell lol.lmk , cash in hand:ninja:

*EFilliated*
06-22-2009, 08:03 PM
i got a good d15b2 head if u need to replace it

GorillaZoe
06-22-2009, 08:14 PM
i got a good d15b2 head if u need to replace it

Dude, thats perfect! Pm me! And you live in lawrenceville? :goodjob:

GorillaZoe
06-22-2009, 08:15 PM
lmk , cash in hand:ninja:

hmmmm, pm me how much you would pay.

Scotsman
06-22-2009, 08:17 PM
hmmmm, pm me how much you would pay.well "you" did say $150

GorillaZoe
06-22-2009, 08:21 PM
well "you" did say $150

Lol, so?

Doesn't mean it isn't worth more than $150 :D

Scotsman
06-22-2009, 08:22 PM
true , but i wont pay more that what you paid for it , g/l with your plans for it

GorillaZoe
06-22-2009, 08:25 PM
true , but i wont pay more that what you paid for it , g/l with your plans for it

Haha I understand, man. And thanks, I'll PM you if I ever wanna sell it, I'll probably just fix it and DD it.

Scotsman
06-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Haha I understand, man. And thanks, I'll PM you if I ever wanna sell it, I'll probably just fix it and DD it.:cheers: , if you ever need any help with it ,lmk , i have had a few ef's

GorillaZoe
06-22-2009, 08:47 PM
:cheers: , if you ever need any help with it ,lmk , i have had a few ef's

Aight, cool man. Thanks! :D

clumsy_smurf
07-02-2009, 09:34 PM
i bought this ef! im having problems with it. fixed head gasket, intake gasket. it did run, now it wont. any help!!