PDA

View Full Version : ok, so i normally dont do this but...

collins
06-22-2009, 04:48 PM
city of lilburn police dept. can straight up die in a fire. i normally side with cops saying people normally get pulled over for something they were actually doing wrong, or at least for good reason. cops dont just pull ppl over for teh hell of it NORMALLY (we all know there's an exception or two). well this is my F U to lilburn pd. how dare you arrest me and charge me with racing while i'm driving my GRANDMOTHER'S toyota camry when i was leaving a redlight that had JUST turned green! not only that, but the court system is all kinds of screwed up and looking for money in any way they can get it. this shit didnt happen, they have no proof, they have no video, they have no radar saying i was speeding, THEY HAVE NOTHING. and yet, they're still being TOTALLY unreasonable.

the charges:
racing
improper start of a parked car

Round 1... FIGHT!

me: hi mr solicitor, help me out, i'd rather just get this over and done with.

him: well your record sucks, so you're losing your license

me: those tickets you're talking about are all 5-7 years ago. WTF MATE?

him: oh well, here's a continuance. hire a lawyer.

DING! round over

i hire my lawyer and he laughs at the situation calling it total bullshit (if what i had told him is 100% accurate, which it was)

Round 2... FIGHT!

arrive in court, check in. solicitor is an hour late and there's no AC in the courtroom.

solicitor finally arrives, sits down and gets comfy, and starts calling attorneys to the bench.

lawyer: look man, we'd really like to get this taken care of today so we dont have to try the case. drop the racing, and we'll go from there.

solicitor: i'll look at it and see what i can do
~insert jeopardy theme song here~
ok well there's not really much i can do with it so.....

lawyer: you guys have no proof, you KNOW you have no proof, so why are you being so hard to negotiate with?

solicitor: ok ok, i'll drop the racing, but only if he pleads guilty to reckless driving.

lawyer: you're serious? thats it? thats teh best you're going to do?

solicitor: what else CAN i do?

lawyer: DROP THE RACING CHARGE AND LETS ROLL WITH IMPROPER START!

solicitor: HAHAHAHAHAHA... no.

DING!!! round over.

so... we got it binded over to state court to be tried. i mean, really?! whats the point in this? i'm spending a couple thousand (total) on some bullshit that DID NOT HAPPEN.

WTF

/rant.

Killer
06-22-2009, 04:55 PM
sucks

Revmaynard
06-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Same thing happened to me on Lavista two years ago in my Blazer. He had nothing to go on and considering how fast he pulled up on me from a stop I was easing over thinking he was on his way to a call. When I went to court for it the cop didn't show up and the judge threw it out.

-Edit- Not to mention he wrote on the ticket my car was ''modded street racer style'' LOL. We took it to Jim Ellis Chevy and got a invoice saying other than it being lowered with wheels there were no aftermarket mods besides a weld in muffler that replaced the rusted out stock one. -tide-

WTF?
06-22-2009, 05:03 PM
sucks x2

collins
06-22-2009, 05:05 PM
-Edit- Not to mention he wrote on the ticket my car was ''modded street racer style'' LOL. in a blazer, huh? we all know ur the DK in that biatch

speedminded
06-22-2009, 05:08 PM
I would classify Lilburn as the most scandalous department in Gwinnett Co.

1) They got me in a speed trap: hiding the car behind a large sign and standing away from the car with laser peaking from behind the sign. With less than 500' of visibility. I requested a continuance. I confirmed the date not once but twice. I showed up. They gave me the wrong date. They had already processed the warrant. Hand written on my ticket was the day of the week, the date, and the month and the name of the person that gave it to me. My court date was 3 days before. They said she doesn't work there any more, not their problem. Now I couldn't present the case I would have nailed them on.

2) In front on my house I witnessed them letting go of a DUI case. He could not stand during the field sobriety. Fell against the car once and stumbled several times. Yelling the entire time. Back up arrived then suddenly all the officers took off with lights and sirens on leaving the large redheaded bearded drunk irish man and his K5 Blazer. He drove into the neighbors yard leaving the neighborhood. Thanks Lilburn, appreciate it.

umairejaz
06-22-2009, 05:10 PM
damn, sorry to hear that.

BanginJimmy
06-22-2009, 05:18 PM
police depts are broke right now and looking for any payday they can get. I was talking with the Chief of Villa Rica police and he told me that his cops were not giving any warnings and writing all tickets so they could avoid layoffs and further coverage cuts.

Revmaynard
06-22-2009, 05:20 PM
in a blazer, huh? we all know ur the DK in that biatch

Meet me at the parking deck. :ninja:

collins
06-22-2009, 05:22 PM
Meet me at the parking deck. :ninja:
:lmfao:

speedminded
06-22-2009, 05:27 PM
police depts are broke right now and looking for any payday they can get. I was talking with the Chief of Villa Rica police and he told me that his cops were not giving any warnings and writing all tickets so they could avoid layoffs and further coverage cuts.Gwinnett Co. has a battle coming up with one, not from me, but I'm gonna feel sorry for this officer in court when the day comes though lol! Pacing in the wrong county. The posted speed limit error written on ticket proves he was in the wrong county too. The speed limit changes once you enter Gwinnett Co. and he wrote the Dekalb Co. speed limit on the ticket. doh.

You can't pace a motorist in another county then hit the blue lights the second they enter into their own lolol! They're getting desperate.

OnURleft
06-22-2009, 05:36 PM
Collins your shouldn't be brake launching your grandma's Camry!!!!

NO just kidding. Keep fighting buddy, if the system is corrupt then may they all go to hell.

DirtyMechanic
06-22-2009, 05:39 PM
soo.... hows that insurance payment now? Imagine now with a wreakless driving ticket.... looks like you might want to get a honda instead of a bike....

speedminded
06-22-2009, 05:41 PM
soo.... hows that insurance payment now? Imagine now with a wreakless driving ticket.... looks like you might want to get a honda instead of a bike....You've obviously never priced the insurance on a Honda/Acura.

Four years ago my 2001 Integra was $60 more a month than an Audi A4. A $22k honda vs. a $37k+ Audi. Makes sense to me. The difference is not every parent is out buying their kid an Audi A4 then them crashing it. My Integra insurance was $2 less a month than a '92 NSX with a $70k msrp and a value still $10k more than my Integra...

IndianStig
06-22-2009, 05:57 PM
shouldn't have ever left the GTO for a camry you whore.

lol jk bro, that really sucks man!
btw, hope your dads feelin better, i know this (the court situation) doesn't help any

Julio
06-22-2009, 06:12 PM
You've obviously never priced the insurance on a Honda/Acura.

Four years ago my 2001 Integra was $60 more a month than an Audi A4. A $22k honda vs. a $37k+ Audi. Makes sense to me. The difference is not every parent is out buying their kid an Audi A4 then them crashing it. My Integra insurance was $2 less a month than a '92 NSX with a $70k msrp and a value still $10k more than my Integra...

They steal like what ? 500 Integras to a couple of Audi's and NSX's?

hmmm..

Julio
06-22-2009, 06:13 PM
And Collins, you need to start ridding a a skateboard.

speedminded
06-22-2009, 06:21 PM
They steal like what ? 500 Integras to a couple of Audi's and NSX's?

hmmm..Yep! Same goes for the Civics...all by the number of claims. My Land Rover was $75 less a month than the Integra until I turned 25. Then my insurance dropped 55% on the Integra but not nearly as much on the Land Rover. Weird.

MachNU
06-22-2009, 06:31 PM
Dam collins i didnt know it was that bad. What courthouse was this at...sounds like your solictor was just like the old bald white guy at the L'ville courthouse!

DieselNuts
06-22-2009, 06:37 PM
That sucks man. Those Camry's are monsters off the line. I completely understand why the cop thought you were racing...lol

Kasper
06-22-2009, 06:40 PM
awww.. cops just mad cause he got beat by the camery! I hope you walk outa there with that fuckers badge! good luck..

quickdodge®
06-22-2009, 06:55 PM
I LOVE KARMA!!!

Later, QD.

collins
06-22-2009, 07:11 PM
I LOVE KARMA!!!

Later, QD. :lmfao: fuck off mike. i dont even race anymore lol. ask anyone in the KF, they'll tell you i havent been out in MONTHS

and for the record, i dotn believe in karma. so ur opinion doesnt really matter lol

Crazy Asian
06-22-2009, 07:27 PM
that happened to but rather the cop saw saw that I was going 60+. I asked plain and simple could I see your radar that said I was going that fast. He said I didnt have one; I just saw you going fast. I went to court, judge laughed, and let me go.

jarnld
07-30-2009, 12:56 PM
dare i say...Im a cop, NOT in gwinnett, and even I've had my share of run ins with Lilburn PD. They are extremely unprofessional. I work with many people that wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire. In my opinion, they give the rest of us a bad name -

OP-
Im sorry for your situation, I hope it works out.

Brett
07-30-2009, 02:23 PM
Collins bring out the Camry tonight so we can run!! LOL

ksniperfox
07-30-2009, 03:44 PM
Dam collins i didnt know it was that bad. What courthouse was this at...sounds like your solictor was just like the old bald white guy at the L'ville courthouse!

hah. i remember that guy. not too nice.

collins
07-30-2009, 10:15 PM
dare i say...Im a cop, NOT in gwinnett, and even I've had my share of run ins with Lilburn PD. They are extremely unprofessional. I work with many people that wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire. In my opinion, they give the rest of us a bad name -

OP-
Im sorry for your situation, I hope it works out.
Thank you for those words. I do not have a problem with cops in general, but these guys are seriously ridiculous. I'm currently still waiting for a court date in state court.

Frög
07-30-2009, 10:22 PM
I am glad more people are realizing the truth about our police enforcement and our court systems..

Sadly, these injustice have to happen to you for you to realize how it is..

I have spent so many thousands of dollars fighting something THAT I DID NOT DO..

Black R
07-30-2009, 10:32 PM
You've obviously never priced the insurance on a Honda/Acura.

NO. the difference is that you can't stuff an a4 motor or nsx motor into an eg so easily. the theft is what has caused the integra rates to be so rediculous. I could actually insure an nsx cheaper than my itr. :/

meh, julio caught it already.

OP, I've had shitty runins with cops and good ones. Sometimes it all depends on your attitude.

But sometimes, there's not much you can do - there are still a few that fit the stereotype of the picked on kid in HS who grows up to have his revenge for the tiny mushroomcock god stuck him with... :/

Frög
07-30-2009, 10:34 PM
NO. the difference is that you can't stuff an a4 motor or nsx motor into an eg so easily. the theft is what has caused the integra rates to be so rediculous. I could actually insure an nsx cheaper than my itr. :/

Nope.. Speedminded is right.. My Porsche insurance is LESS than my insurance on my Honda prelude.. That is because insurance companies go by statistics and that there are a lot more 19 yr olds crashing their honda preludes than 19 yrs crashing a 911..

Black R
07-30-2009, 10:36 PM
Nope.. Speedminded is right.. My Porsche insurance is LESS than my insurance on my Honda prelude.. That is because insurance companies go by statistics and that there are a lot more 19 yr olds crashing their honda preludes than 19 yrs crashing a 911..

And you base this on what? Where are your #'s man?

I'm going on facts - look at the top 10 cars stolen since... oh 94 or so and see how many a4's, porsche's, or nsx's on that list. What model dominates that list year after year?

Me86Rob
07-30-2009, 10:37 PM
i was there for this
:ninja:

speedminded
07-30-2009, 10:54 PM
And you base this on what? Where are your #'s man?

I'm going on facts - look at the top 10 cars stolen since... oh 94 or so and see how many a4's, porsche's, or nsx's on that list. What model dominates that list year after year?It's a combination of everything. Accidents to theft.

With 100+ more horsepower my Z32 300zx insurance was cheaper than my 1989 Acura Integra insurance, ever seen a 1st gen Integra on a top stolen cars list?

Mustangs have high insurance rates and you don't see them a top ten stolen list.

The '89 Toyota Camry was the #1 stolen car in America for years and it's rates weren't really effected.

My Integra is a 2001. I challenge you to find a list that has a 2000 or 2001 Acura Integra on it. 94-99 yes, 2000-01 no. OBD2b's have immobilizers but it's not like that really effects anything regarding stealing them lol!

civictR
07-30-2009, 11:14 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/3/3742359_7aacba75bd.jpg,,,

Frög
07-30-2009, 11:19 PM
Yeah.. I know 350z's have crazy insurance.. They are not victims of much theft..

BABY J
07-30-2009, 11:25 PM
I raced a Camry once... that's when I started spraying nitrous b/c I refuse to get walked like that again.

BABY J
07-30-2009, 11:28 PM
Doraville cops are the worst anyway from what I can tell -- followed by Cobb.

FasTech
07-30-2009, 11:33 PM
That really does suck, bro. Hope shit gets worked out for you.

RL...
07-31-2009, 12:12 AM
Most traffic cops are idiot/douchebags/pieces of shit that can die. I've had multiple encounters like this with cops....while only 1 of them I got jailed for, which was bs, it still sucks, and wastes time/money not to mention being treated like a criminal when you did nothing wrong

DirtyMechanic
07-31-2009, 03:18 AM
Yeah.. I know 350z's have crazy insurance.. They are not victims of much theft..675 for 6 months full coverage....:goodjob: zing....

Most traffic cops are idiot/douchebags/pieces of shit that can die. I've had multiple encounters like this with cops....while only 1 of them I got jailed for, which was bs, it still sucks, and wastes time/money not to mention being treated like a criminal when you did nothing wrongshhhh

Lankhoss
07-31-2009, 04:01 AM
Moral of the story here....if Lilburn police come after you, just run. Endanger the lives of SEVERAL innocent people in an attempt to save your own ass. There's a better chance that you will outrun the cops than there is that you'll get out of some bullshit ticket.

Black R
07-31-2009, 11:44 AM
It's a combination of everything. Accidents to theft.

With 100+ more horsepower my Z32 300zx insurance was cheaper than my 1989 Acura Integra insurance, ever seen a 1st gen Integra on a top stolen cars list?

Mustangs have high insurance rates and you don't see them a top ten stolen list.

The '89 Toyota Camry was the #1 stolen car in America for years and it's rates weren't really effected.

My Integra is a 2001. I challenge you to find a list that has a 2000 or 2001 Acura Integra on it. 94-99 yes, 2000-01 no. OBD2b's have immobilizers but it's not like that really effects anything regarding stealing them lol!

To the OP, sorry for going so off topic.

SM:

Do you work in the insurance field? Let's just say I don't anymore.
It sounds like you know a little bit about the subject, so I won't go into the law of large numbers.

The reason more 94-99 integra's were stolen compared to 00-01 is simple: there were more produced over that 6 YEAR SPAN than say the last two production years.

You will find the top seller cars for any given period ranked very highly on the stolen cars list also. Why? Well it's simple - there aren't too many people hotrodding around in camrys (or SUV's this year) but those parts are easy to get rid of on ebay, craigslist, or just to anyone - because chances are a camry that needs a replacement parts is just around the corner with all the thousands of them sold.

Mustangs don't have artifically high insurance rates, imo. They have had plenty of people wrecking them, etc. Not to mention there are so many mustangs driving around that a stolen one would be easy to take the motor and wheels, seats, etc out of and pawn off on another needy mustang owner.

z32 cheaper to insure than a 1st gen integra? Not to nitpick, but what firm offered you better rates on a z32 over a 1st gen integra? You do know that was a very popular model - hence why there went on to be 2nd and 3rd gen here in the US?

Elbow
07-31-2009, 12:00 PM
To speak of fags.

A couple years back I was with two morons picking up metal for scrap yards. We took stuff behind our sheds and shops, asked shops if they wanted to clean up, etc. So we were driving down a dirt road and found some scrap metal laying in the mud on the side of the road, ok, so we took it.

This is out in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE, NOTHING around, idiot #1 I was with goes to a old ass abandoned shack in the woods and kicks the door open which was already open but used his foot. Note, mud, footprint on door.

Well me and idiot #2 are in the car yelling like WTF lets go.

Anyway we get to driving and a pickup flies on our ass flashing his high beams. We are like um ok, so stop. He says the metal is his...so we are like uhhh...ok then here take it back but we found it on the side of the road, he calmed down and laughed and said yeah I know you all can have it, I was just worried a friend said he saw yall around there and I wasn't sure if yall were going to light stuff on fire or doing something illegal, apparently lately around there kids had been burning down old shacks and stuff? He says he called the police, and we agree to wait for the cops as we have nothing to hide and talk to them.

As we waited we talked to the guy he was real nice, laid back cool old man.

Cops arrive (two at first) and they seem cool. They ask the story and the kids tell. I kept my mouth shut the whole time lol. I said we were bored, after school, looking for scrap metal. That's all I said really. They checked our records mine was clean, not even ONE traffic violation, other kid was already on probation for theft, and other kid was previously on probation....fuck I say to myself.

So cops ask to search the car, it was not my car, one of the kids, he finds a UN LOADED, NO BULLETS, GUN LOCATED UNDER THE SPARE TIRE TRAY (EF Civic) 22 hunting rifle, REGISTERED to the kid, he gets it out, kid says it's his and it comes back clean, then the cop starts playing with it...ok?

So the cops are talking, and then the door thing comes up, cops go and take a cell pic of the foot print, and match it to moron #1. Kid tells THREE stories about why his footprint is there before just saying he did it.

Well the cops start seeming like we are going to go. Then the big fat ass piece of white trash SHIT Sheriff shows up, pulling up his pants, smoking a cig, hat on, you get the picture. The cops talk to the old man for a long time, and then they say ok gentleman hands on the car you're all under arrest for burglary. I was like.......FUCK?

Well we get arrested and put to jail, we get burglary, committing a crime with a firearm, and theft by taking...that's TWO felonies.

We get bail a little over twenty four hours later, at $6,000+...LOL.

Court date comes, the courts offer is PRISON FOR 5 YEARS, county JAIL FOR 10 YEARS...15 YEARS TOTAL.....LMFAO...

My lawyer fought and fought...and ALL it could get lowered to was 7 YEARS PROBATION...SEVEN...FOR PICKING UP FUCKING METAL ON THE ROAD AND BEING AROUND SOME IDIOTS.

So with all of that, FUCK the system, FUCK the corrupt government, I am now working on a way to cancel this term. Ridiculous bull shit. That's all it is. Fucking inbred hicks get power in redneck towns and just try and steal any dime they can.

DynamicSound
07-31-2009, 12:07 PM
That sucks!!

Lawrenceville police is the same. I got a 19 over back in early 2008. It was on Lawrencevill-Suwanee Rd which is 45mph even though it is a 4 lane, divided highway. So I was going 64 in the 45. I ended up paying $325 for that ticket. My girlfriend just 2 weeks prior got one for 21mph over with Gwinnett County and paid $170.

Tracy
07-31-2009, 12:18 PM
police depts are broke right now and looking for any payday they can get. I was talking with the Chief of Villa Rica police and he told me that his cops were not giving any warnings and writing all tickets so they could avoid layoffs and further coverage cuts.Been living in the downtown are of Atlanta since I moved here in '95. I have NEVER EVER seen someone get pulled over downtown. Sometimes there are road blocks, but I have seen maybe 2 of those. Anyhow, The other day, we saw 3 cars pulled over at 3 different intersections on Ponce and then another few on Moreland. All 3 of us in the car were like, WTF? They must need money :D

Now they are adding 139? officers by Sept. Maybe it's a conspiracy to get the city more money. Hire more officers banking on more tickets????

JK about that part.

BanginJimmy
07-31-2009, 08:03 PM
Well we get arrested and put to jail, we get burglary, committing a crime with a firearm, and theft by taking...that's TWO felonies.

Both of which were committed by the people you were with, therefore, by you. Just having a gun in the car is enough to be charged. It is no different than armed robbery with a squirt gun that someone mistakes for a real one.

Court date comes, the courts offer is PRISON FOR 5 YEARS, county JAIL FOR 10 YEARS...15 YEARS TOTAL.....LMFAO...

My lawyer fought and fought...and ALL it could get lowered to was 7 YEARS PROBATION...SEVEN...FOR PICKING UP FUCKING METAL ON THE ROAD AND BEING AROUND SOME IDIOTS.

Being around idiots typically gets people in trouble.

So with all of that, FUCK the system, FUCK the corrupt government, I am now working on a way to cancel this term. Ridiculous bull shit. That's all it is. Fucking inbred hicks get power in redneck towns and just try and steal any dime they can.[/QUOTE]

Buttons
07-31-2009, 08:40 PM
i was there for this
:ninja:

weird.... i was too :ninja:

speedminded
07-31-2009, 09:07 PM
Been living in the downtown are of Atlanta since I moved here in '95. I have NEVER EVER seen someone get pulled over downtown. Sometimes there are road blocks, but I have seen maybe 2 of those. Anyhow, The other day, we saw 3 cars pulled over at 3 different intersections on Ponce and then another few on Moreland. All 3 of us in the car were like, WTF? They must need money :D

Now they are adding 139? officers by Sept. Maybe it's a conspiracy to get the city more money. Hire more officers banking on more tickets????

JK about that part.I've been driving downtown since '97 or so and lived in midtown. I think I've seen maybe 2 cars pulled over total lol! Most likely they were left overs from a "fender bender" and not even traffic violations.

One of my first times driving in downtown I had two people trying to tell me where to go and I blew through a red light right in front of APD. He pulled out and caught up with me and I told my buddy to grab a map and start looking at it...it was for the Nantahala National Forest and we're a block from the CNN center lol! A block or two later he turned off. They have better things to do.

I used to slide 10 years ago downtown in my 300zx...everywhere! lol! Never once pulled over and did it in front of APD. If someone gets pulled over by atlanta police they're doing something seriously wrong and don't deserve a license. :doh:

Tracy
07-31-2009, 09:09 PM
I've been driving downtown since '97 or so and lived in midtown. I think I've seen maybe 2 cars pulled over total lol! Most likely they were left overs from a "fender bender" and not even traffic violations.

One of my first times driving in downtown I had two people trying to tell me where to go and I blew through a red light right in front of APD. He pulled out and caught up with me and I told my buddy to grab a map and start looking at it...it was for the Nantahala National Forest and we're a block from the CNN center lol! A block or two later he turned off. They have better things to do.

I used to slide 10 years ago downtown in my 300zx...everywhere! lol! Never once pulled over and did it in front of APD. If someone gets pulled over by atlanta police they're doing something seriously wrong and don't deserve a license. :doh:That's what I'm sayin'...but these looked like for real traffic stops. What is this country coming to. I always felt safe ITP.