PDA

View Full Version : Major Oil Leak - 94 Accord

mushroom_toy
06-22-2009, 07:44 AM
Well the other accord has started leaking like a sieve now even worse than mine. Went to put some oil in it a few mins ago and put about 2 quarts in it and it didnt even show on the stick. So it looks like the leak is coming from the rear and dripping down and all over the tranny and everything. Ive been doing some reading, and think it might be the vtec solenoid gasket but not sure. i know the car needs a new vc gasket and new dizzy oring and gasket.

Anyone know of any common leak areas and most common gasket failures on these cars?

Barefoot
06-22-2009, 08:44 AM
rear main, double gasketed the oil filter all i can think of off your description. an leak isnt really something that can be found on here. u are going to have to use you eyes and locate it.

Z0_o6
06-22-2009, 09:51 AM
Barefoot- quit beating me to everything LOL! we always end up with the same freaking answer.

As to the leak, if there seems to be oil EVERYWHERE, then the leak is severe enough to be easy to detect by cleaning the whole area with brake cleaner, topping off the oil, then while the engine is running, stand over it with a light and just watch. If the oil filter is double gasketed, oil will usually spray pretty seriously, so be prepared to stop the engine quickly. You also mentioned a few gaskets that you are already aware of leaking, obviously those need to be addressed as well. Good luck, leaks are some of the most annoying shit to deal with.

Barefoot
06-22-2009, 10:57 AM
Barefoot- quit beating me to everything LOL! we always end up with the same freaking answer.

lol :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Elbow
06-22-2009, 11:00 AM
X2 on cleaning the engine bay and looking for the leak.

On my Civic when I had it I had a bad valve cover gasket and it would leak pretty bad, easy to see it leaking though.