PDA

View Full Version : McCain on Obama...

quickdodge®
06-21-2009, 03:37 PM
WASHINGTON – Sen. John McCain says his opponent in last year's presidential campaign, Barack Obama, has "done well" in his first five months in the White House.

The Arizona Republican says that using a legislative scorecard to judge the presidency so far, Obama has achieved all his legislative goals.

On the down side, McCain says that Obama's successes in Congress have come with little or no Republican support.

McCain also is critical of Obama for setting a date for closing the detainee facility at Guantanamo Bay without first developing a comprehensive plan for what to do with its prisoners.

And the Arizona senator says Obama should speak out more in support of protesters in Iran.

From the AP. Later, QD.

BanginJimmy
06-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Not a surprise coming from McCain. I've always though of him as a RINO.

XanRules
06-21-2009, 08:22 PM
a what?

Also, in my opinion - a very classy move on McCain's part. Too bad this isn't the McCain we saw on the campaign trail.

BanginJimmy
06-21-2009, 08:26 PM
a what?

Also, in my opinion - a very classy move on McCain's part. Too bad this isn't the McCain we saw on the campaign trail.

RINO = Republican In Name Only

XanRules
06-21-2009, 11:12 PM
RINO = Republican In Name Only
I dunno, I'd say he's pretty Republican in practice.
What makes you think otherwise?

BanginJimmy
06-22-2009, 04:21 AM
Alot of his policies during the election and before were very centric at best. When you consider the push for bailouts, immigration, and budgetary policy he typically votes a very centric path.

bigdare23
06-22-2009, 06:13 AM
He gives Obama a compliment and now you bash him?!? OoooKAY...

Total_Blender
06-22-2009, 07:44 AM
He's certainly been more supportive than Cheney or Bush. I saw him on Meet the Press Sunday morning. Its good to hear McCain is still supporting closing GITMO. Hopefully Obama will get the message and come up with a definitive plan.

BanginJimmy
06-22-2009, 04:06 PM
He gives Obama a compliment and now you bash him?!? OoooKAY...

Go back during the election, you will find that I was not a McCain supporter then either.

BanginJimmy
06-22-2009, 04:08 PM
He's certainly been more supportive than Cheney or Bush. I saw him on Meet the Press Sunday morning. Its good to hear McCain is still supporting closing GITMO. Hopefully Obama will get the message and come up with a definitive plan.

Closing Gitmo is a touchy subject only because of the complete lack of planning before he announced it. I honestly couldnt care less what they do with them as long as they dont come to the US.

They could dump them into the Atlantic ocean half way between Gitmo and England for all I care.

XanRules
06-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Alot of his policies during the election and before were very centric at best. When you consider the push for bailouts, immigration, and budgetary policy he typically votes a very centric path.
What's wrong with being a centrist?
Also, centrist and Republican aren't mutually exclusive.

BanginJimmy
06-22-2009, 07:58 PM
What's wrong with being a centrist?
Also, centrist and Republican aren't mutually exclusive.

Nothing wrong with being a centrist, but that makes you more of an independent. Republicans favor the right, just like Democrats favor the left. Those republicans that do not, Olympia Snow comes to mind also, are called RINO's.

XanRules
06-23-2009, 11:18 AM
Nothing wrong with being a centrist, but that makes you more of an independent. Republicans favor the right, just like Democrats favor the left. Those republicans that do not, Olympia Snow comes to mind also, are called RINO's.
Where did this idea come from?
Sounds like a Limbaugh / Fox News idea.
Republican in Name Only. What a ridiculous concept.

Total_Blender
06-23-2009, 11:20 AM
Closing Gitmo is a touchy subject only because of the complete lack of planning before he announced it. I honestly couldnt care less what they do with them as long as they dont come to the US.

They could dump them into the Atlantic ocean half way between Gitmo and England for all I care.

I think the current plan for bringing the ones they want to keep to the US is to put them in the ADX supermax in Florence, Co.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CVvzfQWvKLo/SbnysnctYPI/AAAAAAAAAnA/6XuNpmOIMWo/s320/GR2006050500157.gif

These are the cells for the general population... IIRC the cells where they keep the terrorists already there like Moussaoui and Ramsey Yousef were even more Spartan. There has never been an escape from a Supermax prison. And the terrorists are placed in an isolated ward of the prison where their communications access is severely restricted and they never come into contact with the general population.

XanRules
06-23-2009, 11:58 AM
Toilet, sink, and water fountain in one unit. Oooooh man. lol

Total_Blender
06-24-2009, 09:14 AM
Toilet, sink, and water fountain in one unit. Oooooh man. lol

I didn't see any TP in there either :ninja:

I heard them talking about ADX on 60 minutes. Apparently the plumbing pipes are soundproofed and the toilets are only filled with water when the prisoners have to go. I guess thats so they can't use the toilet pipes for communication or drown themselves in their toilets, etc etc.

I think the combo toilet/sink/water fountain has been standard practice in jails/prisons for a while now. Its probably more of a deterrent to crime than the death penalty :lmfao:

F8d2Blk
06-25-2009, 12:58 PM
WASHINGTON – Sen. John McCain says his opponent in last year's presidential campaign, Barack Obama, has "done well" in his first five months in the White House.

From the AP. Later, QD.

What a joke! :idb:

XanRules
06-25-2009, 03:06 PM
What a joke! :idb:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b144/XanRules/supercoolstorybro.jpg

RedEj8
06-26-2009, 09:52 PM
QFT