PDA

View Full Version : Misc Run of Bad Luck, and a Rebirth

chrisdavis
10-04-2005, 08:31 AM
In a three day span

Day one the power supply went out

Day two mother board went out. I wasnt to upset because I had a brand new motherboard laying around that I bought two days prior as a P4cpu and mobo combo from Fry's. Well the damn new mobo was bad :mad: So I took my shit up to Fry's and exchanged and upgraded From that shitty ECS board to an Abit. I even made Fry's install the shit. Fry's crashed my OS in the process. No big deal go home and reinstall right? Wrong.

Day three I go to reinstall Windows and the damn hard drive wont take an OS. I tried XP , ME, 98SE and Linspire. Now Im super pissed. My wife found me an 80g Maxtor at staples for 40 bucks. So I swap out the hard drive and 20 minutes later I have XP again.

When I bought my 160g hard drive from Staples I bought that extended warranty. So I took my 160 back and got another 80g for 40 and they refunded the difference between the 2 (90 bucks woot). Well Staples is next to Circuit City so I go to see if they have anything good on sale(cuz i got 90 bucks woot). Damn if I didnt find a Radeon 9600XT 256meg video card on clearence for 100bucks

Also I caught a local computher store an hour before they went out of business and picked up an MSI socket 478 mobo and (2)512 megs of pc3200 ram for 100bucks :goodjob:

So now I have got basically a new system

500w power supply
3.2g P4 with Hyperthreading
Abit V7 ver.2 socket 478 mobo
2g PC3200 Ram
ATI 9600XT 256 video card
(2) 80g Maxtor hard drives
Emprex 16x Dual Layer DVD burner