PDA

View Full Version : keeps blowing fuses

JmDubz
06-20-2009, 11:38 AM
my dashlights, tail lights, and parking lights wont work because i keep blowing fuses. ive pulled out all the bulbs and checked them and looked everywhere for a fucked wire. could a relay be the problem? if so which relay and where would it be located?

Barefoot
06-20-2009, 11:46 AM
this is the 3rd 1 in less than 12 hours. check your wiring for to the lights. there is something fucked up in there someplace.

JmDubz
06-20-2009, 11:49 AM
this is the 3rd 1 in less than 12 hours. check your wiring for to the lights. there is something fucked up in there someplace.

i have...im basically wanting to know which relay could be messed up and where it would be located.

99jdmLs
06-20-2009, 01:03 PM
what work have you done recently on your car? headlights, tail lights, ect...did you put any hids or something?

JmDubz
06-20-2009, 01:37 PM
what work have you done recently on your car? headlights, tail lights, ect...did you put any hids or something?

hids have been on for 8 months with no problems. only things ive done recently are the universal o2 sensor, and the slim fan which i spliced with the original fan connector.

hondalover00
06-20-2009, 02:42 PM
buddy of mine had same problem in a 94 eg and he had a harness plug under dash that was showing wires and he ended up with no tails. dash lights and dome light.....too forever to find...and a pain in the ass......good luck and check all plugs and connections

JmDubz
06-20-2009, 02:48 PM
buddy of mine had same problem in a 94 eg and he had a harness plug under dash that was showing wires and he ended up with no tails. dash lights and dome light.....too forever to find...and a pain in the ass......good luck and check all plugs and connections

ill check that too...thanks.

anyone else have any ideas?

c-rex31804
06-20-2009, 05:04 PM
i checked my bulbs and that wasnt it either apparently theres a bare wire somwhere under the dash or somethin

iam99x
06-20-2009, 05:09 PM
Make sure you're using the right fuses, and like others have said...look at every single wire. Ensure that all grounds are grounded. If you can, get some sort of continuity tester and see if you can locate any shorts. I don't really see the problem being a relay.

I've always hated wiring problems, but I've dealt with quite a few.

Good luck, bud.