PDA

View Full Version : pmping gas in my s14 takes FOREVER...HELP!

rbsilvia
06-19-2009, 03:36 PM
ok. everytime i pump gas in my car i have to pump it extreamly slow or the pump will kick off? You know like when your car is almost full and the the gas pump kicks off, well thats what happens. Ive tried pulling it out so just the tip of the nozzel is in and turning the nozzel at a angle, But it still kicks off. WTF??? Can ne one help?

Master Shake
06-19-2009, 05:17 PM
a lot of cars in the tube going to the gas tank, there is this ball-thing that is like a ping pong ball. it keeps people from stealing gas out of your car, it'll lift up when you gas up the car.

it might not be rising up like its suppose to.

scttydb411
06-19-2009, 10:54 PM
my trailblazer will do that if i keep the key on-engine off. it keeps trying to pressurize the tank and kicks off the the pumping.

SixSquared
06-19-2009, 11:00 PM
My trans am does it on some pumps. I think it's just the angle of the tube. Gas nozzles sense when the tip is being splashed on or when too much pressure builds. If this helps at all, maybe you can find a happy medium angle?

http://www.wonderquest.com/images/2003-10-24-nozzle-diagram.jpg

I also noticed that pumps in ATL tend to pump a LOT faster than pumps out here in Athens. Makes sense, since there's way more cars in ATL, but that's where I usually run into probs with the trans am, since it's just going too fast lol. If you can't find a good angle, just gotta sit there and hold the trigger a little loosely so the gas goes slower. Sucks, but ya gotta get gas in somehow lol.

rbsilvia
06-20-2009, 06:09 PM
thanks for the help guys....But i thought it might be the angle also but its not, and i always turn my car off and take the keys out of the switch and it kicks off even when i slllooowwwllllyyy pump the gas. IDK guys this has me stumped.....but like ya said i have to get gas some how, maybe i can figure it out. thanks guys.:goodjob:

jdm eg99
06-23-2009, 01:21 PM
same happens to me takes 5 long minutes to get 10 gal :-(

DeeAOne
06-23-2009, 01:34 PM
My trans am does it on some pumps. I think it's just the angle of the tube. Gas nozzles sense when the tip is being splashed on or when too much pressure builds. If this helps at all, maybe you can find a happy medium angle?

http://www.wonderquest.com/images/2003-10-24-nozzle-diagram.jpg

I also noticed that pumps in ATL tend to pump a LOT faster than pumps out here in Athens. Makes sense, since there's way more cars in ATL, but that's where I usually run into probs with the trans am, since it's just going too fast lol. If you can't find a good angle, just gotta sit there and hold the trigger a little loosely so the gas goes slower. Sucks, but ya gotta get gas in somehow lol.wow i didnt know gas pumps had all that complexity. lol

d16_turbo
06-23-2009, 03:29 PM
I also noticed that pumps in ATL tend to pump a LOT faster than pumps out here in Athens. Makes sense, since there's way more cars in ATL, .

almost all gas stations have 3/4hp pumps, but they will pump slow if the filters in the dispensors get clogged up.